BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He isnt in his final year:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/july/tom-trybull-signs-new-contract-with-norwich-city/

I am also unconvinced that he is coming as back up.

Ok, i stand corrected. Pretty sure I read a lot of people saying he was.

That said, I still doubt he will have stipulations in the deal to play in the same way that Elliott might. Norwich want him gone and at his age, he is hardly going to develop further. Think this is more of a prove to us we should sign you or get yourself into the shop window for other clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yep.

A window better than we dared hope for.

Kalinski - looks sound though early days

Stergiakis - ticks the boxes as a good no 2 ready to challenge for no 1

Pears - don't get at all, IMO, bang average and a four year contract is ridiculous

Ayala - steady but brings experience

Douglas - shrewd, hope the lad stays fit

Trybull - adds to the depth but mystified why Norwich would loan him to us if such a player

Dolan - the lad excites me, could be a gem - let's see if he maintains form

Elliott - Liverpool friend has just phoned who I rate as as a good judge of football.  Reckons Elliott will blow the opposition away and help fire us to PL 

IMO, top two is there for the taking this season.  Confidence and momentum is everything.

Providing Mowbray loses his square pegs in round holes syndrome, I think we'll walk it.

Just put £150 on Rovers for promotion at 13/2.

Good enough for you? 

Nope, you didnt mention wine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yep.

Pears - don't get at all, IMO, bang average and a four year contract is ridiculous

Trybull - adds to the depth but mystified why Norwich would loan him to us if such a player

Elliott - Liverpool friend has just phoned who I rate as as a good judge of football.  Reckons Elliott will blow the opposition away and fire us to PL 

IMO, top two is there for the taking this season.  Confidence and momentum is everything.

Providing Mowbray loses his square pegs in round holes syndrome, I think we'll walk it.

Good enough for you? 

For entertainment value Mercer is the best poster on this board. Anyone who says different is lying ?... Putting Elliott in for Brereton in that front three is a huge improvement, top signing. IFollow take my f***ing money now it’s yours. :lol: 

• Like 1

A pleasing window and better than most of us would have expected, myself included. We have good options now.

Mowbray will have to whip them into shape and get them working well.

It does seem Venkys have allowed Mowbray a decent wage budget to get good players in the building so credit goes out for that.

Without wanting to put a dampner on a good day's business I want us to urgently address the contact situations.

We should be all set until May but after that we've a raft of players out of contract or at the end of loans. That must be addressed over the coming months or we will be in trouble next summer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yep.

Elliott - Liverpool friend has just phoned who I rate as as a good judge of football.  Reckons Elliott will blow the opposition away and fire us to PL 

Good enough for you? 

I can’t argue with any of that. The only thing I would add is that Pears seems to be on the back of Fisher leaving so I can see a bit of sense in it. Don’t know enough about him to be honest but guess he’s a replacement for Fisher and hopefully not on big money.

Ive had a similar call from a Liverpool supporting friend who has a very similar opinion of Elliott. Meant to be quite a talent. 
Like you, I hope Mowbray keeps it simple and plays our best players in their best positions. It’s not hard. Don’t over complicate things. 
Think we both agree on the window.

Edited by Ricky

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ridiculous contracts for Tonys mates.kids...a la Paul Downing...slipped it in.quietly.  Ben Benson will feel feckin lilliputian when everyonw is at training.

With so many keepers on the books, Benson is gonna lose his voice.

Clean sheet! Save! Yessss!

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Oh well. Another window over. I guess we will have to wait for our annual "I was wrong" by Mercer predicting 20 million pound savings, club tittering on the edge of oblivion and all his other doomsday predictions.

Now we will "walk it".

Man is a walking contradiction, but nevertheless it is hard to feel anything but joy at todays business so I won't spoil the occassion.

Anyone else excited for the game tomorrow? Jesus, I've not felt giddy in a while.

• Like 3

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Oh right, I misread the BBC site. Is this a big loss, or were the other youngsters better? And is there any talk of a fee?

I’m not sure he’s done a lot wrong. The turnover in our goalkeeping department is quite high lately. Benson continues unaffected. Bit of a theme at the club really.

I know I’m a positive person but today’s deals have totally blown me away! I could never have envisaged such personnel arriving and even getting Mulgrew to sign for Fleetwood!

I’ m sure every club wants to strengthen during the window but I can’t think of another club in our league who has done as well as us.

Time for a little bet on the top 6 at least.

• Like 4