BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Summary of other clubs:

Cardiff got Dillon Phillips

Millwall bagged Zohore on loan

Forest loaned Knockheart

Cardiff loaned Harry Wilson (odd fit in my book)

Swansea loaned Palmer (odd same division loan for someone Bristol spent quite a bit on)

Those are the bigger ones, have I missed any?

Edited by JacknOry

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Summary of other clubs:

Forest loaned Knockheart

Swansea loaned Palmer (odd same division loan for someone Bristol spent quite a bit on)

Some really good signings there. Swansea have also signed a young defender from City, are in talks with free agent Fabio Borini and have sold Joe Rodon to Spurs.

Cardiff have made a couple of very good signings.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Some really good signings there. Swansea have also signed a young defender from City, are in talks with free agent Fabio Borini and have sold Joe Rodon to Spurs.

Cardiff have made a couple of very good signings.

I think us, Forest and Cardiff have been the biggest movers in the transfer window. When you look through Forests squad its just wow. Cardiff, not so much but they have brought in some good players but i dont think they were the right club for Wilson (probably the only one willing to stump up for him).

8 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Fisher was on loan at mk Don's for part of last season and signed as a no2 to nicholls. Must have done ok for them to want him but clearly not ready for championship

Something had to give and I always felt it would be Fisher. Hilton is supposed to be the most rated out of our young keepers and Fisher is not really that young anymore. 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

I myself am very excited by the window.

Very worried by only the one centre back signing.

Didnt want to say but that is my concern also. I have said all along we needed another CB as cover - due to having a very injury-prone backline. Not complaing though, otherwise an exceptional window in my view.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Christ almighty this just isn’t like rovers are all... surely someone’s about to be announced as sold? ?

If we don’t sell anyone (Fisher aside) then that’s a pretty Carlsberg window.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Love the fact we’ve gone to Liverpool with our case for Elliott. Shows our growing reputation with young players and the trust that the likes of Koop and Liverpool have in our set up.

Its clear that we are emulating our style of play on theirs - combined with a good start to the season, it is easy to see why we would be a good option for some of their young players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Love the fact we’ve gone to Liverpool with our case for Elliott. Shows our growing reputation with young players and the trust that the likes of Koop and Liverpool have in our set up.

I read somewhere that they essentially offered us Elliot or Wilson. Guessing finances dictated who we went for, but as you say, great to have that relationship!

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

I think us, Forest and Cardiff have been the biggest movers in the transfer window. When you look through Forests squad its just wow. Cardiff, not so much but they have brought in some good players but i dont think they were the right club for Wilson (probably the only one willing to stump up for him).

Bristol City, Birmingham, ourselves, Cardiff and maybe QPR have had good windows for me. Sheffield Wednesday decent too, and Watford have done well to keep so many of their best players.

Derby and Huddersfield have had particularly strange windows. Not sure on Forest, plenty of quality but also plenty of holding midfielders and far too many bodies. That being said, their last 2 of Knockaert and Hughton are very impressive.

Preston a strange one. Very quiet but plenty of players with only a year on their contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Harvey will play. No way Liverpool would have let him come here without some kind of verbal promise that Harvey will get game time, especially as they had no intention of letting him go until TM put up a strong case. Him and Dolan will compete for the right attacking spot. 

The signings today probably spell the end for Davenport and Chapman. 

Maybe Evans too?

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Summary of other clubs:

Forest loaned Knockheart

Forest got Grosicki too. Hopefully neither play against us tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I read somewhere that they essentially offered us Elliot or Wilson. Guessing finances dictated who we went for, but as you say, great to have that relationship!

I’ve read on from the Liverpool journos and Sharpe that Liverpool never planned to let him go until we submitted a detailed plan for Elliott...that’s top class!!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bristol City, Birmingham, ourselves, Cardiff and maybe QPR have had good windows for me. Sheffield Wednesday decent too, and Watford have done well to keep so many of their best players.

Derby and Huddersfield have had particularly strange windows. Not sure on Forest, plenty of quality but also plenty of holding midfielders and far too many bodies. That being said, their last 2 of Knockaert and Hughton are very impressive.

Preston a strange one. Very quiet but plenty of players with only a year on their contract.

Forest have signed Knockeart and already have the likes of Lolley, Lyle Taylor, Grabban, Freeman, Ameobi and Guerrero fighting for their advanced positions. On paper their squad is crazy and with a good manager, which they now have, they should be challenging.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

More important  ..how has Harvey got past Mowbray with a hairstyle like that ...? Questions need to be asked and answered ...

He saw an image thought it was a photo of Gallagher playing out wide.  He thought maybe if we play Harvey out there everyone will think it's the lad I spent $7 million quid on

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Forest got Grosicki too. Hopefully neither play against us tomorrow.

did they? it been confirmed? well feck me, add another to those i listed above.

Edited by JacknOry