BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

24 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I know I’m a positive person but today’s deals have totally blown me away! I could never have envisaged such personnel arriving and even getting Mulgrew to sign for Fleetwood!

I’ m sure every club wants to strengthen during the window but I can’t think of another club in our league who has done as well as us.

Time for a little bet on the top 6 at least.

Surely you can top Mercer's £150 @ 13-2? And from memory, that's for promotion. Think really big; and who knows, you might be able to buy the club from our owners!??

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Very different season to come.  Mowbray gets what he wants (more or less) Venkys put another 18 million into the club presumably to keep us afloat over Covid but also to cover salaries for our new players.

For the first time, Mowbray now needs to deliver.

He delivered by getting us promoted and moving the club into mid table safety.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Are you feeling okay? Dack is still by far our best player! 

Read my last sentence.

I am just saying that our strength in depth has meant that even our best players will be squirming a bit more. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

He delivered by getting us promoted and moving the club into mid table safety.

He did deliver but let’s be honest promotion from league 1 was the simple bit for a club of our stature.  We where up against the likes of Shrewsbury for heavens sake.  He did get us into mid table safety but some of his decisions have been abysmal when playing players out of position, how many right sided players did he play on the left?  
I believe now we have a squad, at least on paper that can compete, so having got his recruitment sorted, he needs to deliver, otherwise he will be on his bike and quite rightly.

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Not that it matters overall but Elliot has to be registered as he’s a loan player.

We did this all earlier. We have quite a few under 21s such as Dolan, the Nick the Greek, Buckley etc that don't have to register...so should fit all in.

14 minutes ago, m1st said:

Surely you can top Mercer's £150 @ 13-2? And from memory, that's for promotion. Think really big; and who knows, you might be able to buy the club from our owners!??

I've just lumped on us to finish top 6 at 9/4. It's been a brilliant window but I'm not sure I trust us to get promoted ?

4 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

He did deliver but let’s be honest promotion from league 1 was the simple bit for a club of our stature.  We where up against the likes of Shrewsbury for heavens sake.  He did get us into mid table safety but some of his decisions have been abysmal when playing players out of position, how many right sided players did he play on the left?  
I believe now we have a squad, at least on paper that can compete, so having got his recruitment sorted, he needs to deliver, otherwise he will be on his bike and quite rightly.

He didn't deliver though, he had 15 games for us not to get relegated and we did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Yes, a club of our stature should breeze through League 1. Btw, when do we play Sunderland this year?

• Like 3

Well absolutely delighted with everything. Can’t wait for the game tomorrow. The only question I have left is will chaddy miss the whole of our promotion season on a principal . Where’s mercer with the odds. I’d bang a cheeky merlot on him breaking his stance ?

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well absolutely delighted with everything. Can’t wait for the game tomorrow. The only question I have left is will chaddy miss the whole of our promotion season on a principal . Where’s mercer with the odds. I’d bang a cheeky merlot on him breaking his stance ?

Chaddy is pissed we got Elliott.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A window in which on paper the manager has utilised fairly limited resources very capably, with 2 fees of under half a million, 3 freebies and 3 loans, and it warrants asking to welcome back the idiots owners!

20201016_192854.jpg

I saw that - had to bite my lips, ass cheeks, foreskin and everything else to not comment.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A window in which on paper the manager has utilised fairly limited resources very capably, with 2 fees of under half a million, 3 freebies and 3 loans, and it warrants asking to welcome back the idiots owners!

20201016_192854.jpg

only if they apologise for the last ten years,bring kean and anderson with them, hog tie the ***** to the goalposts so we can throw disgusting objects at them,i might forgive them

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riverside under the drip said:

As much as we've obviously signed some quality players, I have a niggling worry. On the assumption that players only come on loan if they're going to get game time, we've got Trybull to fit in the midfield 3 with Evans, Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello (maybe) and Holtby. Are we going to rotate constantly or drop some on-form players? I'm working on the idea that Dack and Armstrong are in our front 3 somewhere which leaves 1 spot for Elliott, Dolan, Brereton, Gallagher, Rankin-Costello (I haven't worked him out yet), Chapman and perhaps even Bell wide left. Dear God that's verging on too much depth if money for wages is supposed to be tight. Would rather have signed another centre back myself....

And that is why you're under the drip