Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

Full strength team, all fully fit, what front 3 do we go for in a play-off final at Wembley when all the chips are in?

Elliott-Dack-Arma interchanging? Dolan on for the last 30? 

I wouldn't worry about that.  We are going up automatically.  1st or 2nd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

Wow that was some end to the window

The Elliott one is the kind of thing we usually hear about the day after ‘we tried but couldn’t get it over the line’

Liverpool fans seem to see him as their best prospect and I reckon most if not all the teams in this league would fancy him as an option.

Great work getting it done 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

A serial killer is a touch strong. At least they had £200m to throw at it and bizarrely keep putting money in. 

I won’t go further down this road. I know I’ll get labelled an apologist for merely suggesting that they’ve done ok for the last 3 years. Let’s enjoy the moment.

I think the point about this untimely Venkys debate is that when someone criticises them in any way, most Rovers fans, after 10 years of pain and depression, accept and understand this sentiment, and when one of us points out any positives from their reign, most Rovers fans cringe, wince, and try not to respond negatively to such premature naivety. 

Anyone that continues to forget, forgive, or appease will continue to attract derision and consternation. 

Sorry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, garnersfags said:

I think the point about this untimely Venkys debate is that when someone criticises them in any way, most Rovers fans, after 10 years of pain and depression, accept and understand this sentiment, and when one of us points out any positives from their reign, most Rovers fans cringe, wince, and try not to respond negatively to such premature naivety. 

Anyone that continues to forget, forgive, or appease will continue to attract derision and consternation. 

Sorry. 

You need to accept our owners took over and took wrong direction and screwed up.  Since Mowbray has been in, our owners have been nothing but supportive.

Venkys messed up, we get it, get over it, realise they have changed their ways and back the club.

Venkys are going no where, Jack Walker isn’t coming back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, davefarnworth said:

First time I've felt good about my team since 2010. Up to Mowbray with a squad that could go back to the promised land 

If we had spent £12M on 2 decent strikers and then signed this lot we would be absolutely taking this league by storm wouldn't we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

You need to accept our owners took over and took wrong direction and screwed up.  Since Mowbray has been in, our owners have been nothing but supportive.

Venkys messed up, we get it, get over it, realise they have changed their ways and back the club.

Venkys are going no where, Jack Walker isn’t coming back.

No one has ever expected them to be at Jack Walker's standards, such a comparison is illogical and ultimately provocative. They have gone from years of being disruptively prevalent to conveniently absent. A transfer window in which weve relied on frees, loans and a couple of minimal fees is no reason to start blowing smoke up their arse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

You need to accept our owners took over and took wrong direction and screwed up.  Since Mowbray has been in, our owners have been nothing but supportive.

Venkys messed up, we get it, get over it, realise they have changed their ways and back the club.

Venkys are going no where, Jack Walker isn’t coming back.

When the 200 million is written off, and we are in the 18 team Premier League, we will begin to recover, but we will never 'get over it'....

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

When the 200 million is written off, and we are in the 18 team Premier League, we will begin to recover, but we will never 'get over it'....

You hang on to that pal.

We was on the road to hell before Venkys took over, just because we never saw it doesn’t mean it wasn’t coming.

Get over it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one has ever expected them to be at Jack Walker's standards, such a comparison is illogical and ultimately provocative. They have gone from years of being disruptively prevalent to conveniently absent. A transfer window in which weve relied on frees, loans and a couple of minimal fees is no reason to start blowing smoke up their arse.

I’m not referring to this transfer window, I’m referring to when Mowbray took over, and our club as been on the up since.

Its been 3 years, no asset sold, squad invested in, promoted from league 1, promotion contending team with exciting academy players in the side.

Move on, and join us in the new Venky era.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

How were we "on the road to hell"?

Big Sam was in charge, fans were restless as not hitting heights of Hughes. We had no money, Walker family wanted out wouldn’t invest. We was always going down. If Venkys knew then what they did now they could of saved us, but they didn’t.

Point is with or with out them, I know we finished 10th, but you could see writing on the wall. 
 

Venkys were awful don’t get me wrong, but now they aren’t, so quit crying and back the new era.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Big Sam was in charge, fans were restless as not hitting heights of Hughes. We had no money, Walker family wanted out wouldn’t invest. We was always going down. If Venkys knew then what they did now they could of saved us, but they didn’t.

Point is with or with out them, I know we finished 10th, but you could see writing on the wall. 
 

Venkys were awful don’t get me wrong, but now they aren’t, so quit crying and back the new era.

I think "the road to hell" is stretching it and nobody will ever know what would have transpired had Venkys not darkened our door. 

I can't forgive and forget I'm afraid.

Edited by O'Malley
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Have we had a lot of FB signings in this window? Grammar standards have taken a hammering.

Yeah, there does seem to be one or two words missing from a few posts.

A comma or two wouldn't go amiss either.

I won't go any further - I was on a Teams call the other day with a colleague screen sharing a document - I was having kittens with the amount of "too's" (to) and "your's" (you're) going on. That was without the spelling mistakes! ?

Edited by windymiller7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Yeah, there does seem to be one or two words missing from a few posts.

A comma or two wouldn't go amiss either.

I won't go any further - I was on a Teams call the other day with a colleague screen sharing a document - I was having kittens with the amount of "too's" (to) and "your's" (you're) going on. That was without the spelling mistakes! ?

Yes, the sort of stuff we were taught at Primary School.

I had a secretary years ago, lovely kind lady, great typist but always got "not" and "now" mixed up. In a sales report it could make a hell of a difference!

 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry this is a bit late; but the verdict on Elliott of my longstanding former colleague who regularly comes back down south from Newcastle with his Anfield season ticket in his pocket is that, "he's good - talented, confident, tough."  I was particularly pleased to see the last word in his opinion. He added that he felt sure the loan would be mutually beneficial.

I still can't quite believe it! I've got a mixture of elation that we might - at last- be "on our way back"; hope that Elliott might be the talisman that the young Shearer was in 1992; and regret for what, in retrospect, seems like a bit of a wasted decade.

Edited by m1st
Adding "down south" so that the sentence made more sense.
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 47er said:

If we had spent £12M on 2 decent strikers and then signed this lot we would be absolutely taking this league by storm wouldn't we?

I still genuinely believe both of those players will play a part in our success this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Just a touched worried that we are getting carried away until tomorrow's team is announced when Evans is the midfielder, Bell is at left back and Sam Gallagher is on the wing.

Very good point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I think the revamp of the goalkeeping department is really interesting. It's important to look at the ages of the players. 

Kaminski 27. Pears 22. Stergiakis and Hilton 21. Eastham 19.

Had Pears been brought in before Stergiakis, I'm not sure you'd be questioning either signing, because we'd all have assumed Pears was automatic 2nd choice to Kaminski and the Greek lad was a cheap low risk punt for some time in the future.

Now suddenly there's a clear No1 who is 5 years older than any of the other keepers, but the battle to be No2 is going to be intense. 

Compared to the goalkeeping department last season, it's a revolution. Out go Flappy Walton and an ageing Canadian, and also Fisher who made some dreadful errors in preseason. 

In have come a clear No1, and a couple of potential No2s who will have to scrap like mad to prove themselves better than the other. Which in turn will keep Kaminski on his toes.

Nothing not to like. 

My gut feel is our management team think Kaminski is going to become a very saleable asset.  The others are here in readiness for that day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.