Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Buckley is obviously a class act with the ball at his feet - only a one-eyed Dingle could fail to see that.  The only question is whether he can impose himself on a game physically. 

I think he has a bit about him. What worries me is when he was given a start against Forest and was pressurised by his opposite number he completely disappeared. Talent is nothing without bottle and I feel he bottled it in that game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

I think he has a bit about him. What worries me is when he was given a start against Forest and was pressurised by his opposite number he completely disappeared. Talent is nothing without bottle and I feel he bottled it in that game.

I think its noticeable that he's never been out on loan.  My view is that nobody in league 1 or 2 would find a place for him in a rigid 442.  I'm not sure what his position is and that wouldn't attract lower league managers.  He should follow Mols to spain for some experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think its noticeable that he's never been out on loan.  My view is that nobody in league 1 or 2 would find a place for him in a rigid 442.  I'm not sure what his position is and that wouldn't attract lower league managers.  He should follow Mols to spain for some experience. 

It has been reported more than once that League One teams have enquired about him on loan.

I'm not sold on Buckley yet either though. Has talent, but I feel it's being way overstated. He has a lot to learn yet to be able to consistently affect games at this level. Hopefully he learns most of it soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, islander200 said:

Dack cost 750k , Doncaster value Whiteman much higher than that.

Like I said if he is as good as people are saying why has no other championship club paid the fee to sign him?

Whiteman may have what it takes and maybe should be playing at a higher level but a decent game against FC United is enough evidence he would be a good signing?

Downing has a short term deal, it is for this season and this season alone where he will play a bit part, it didn't cost us a fortune and his experience could prove invaluable.

Signing Whiteman would have cost a couple of million at least in transfer fees and the player would expect a 2 or 3 year deal on top of that, money was clearly tight and whatever anyone says Whiteman would be a gamble as he has not played at this level and we aren't the only championship club to look at him but decide against paying Doncaster's valuation there has to be a reason for that 

Once again, 750k now is not the same as 750k when Dack was signed. Transfer fees have risen exponentially since then

It doesn't help the discussion when posters don't compare apple with apples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Once again, 750k now is not the same as 750k when Dack was signed. Transfer fees have risen exponentially since then

It doesn't help the discussion when posters don't compare apple with apples.

Have you seen many more players move from league one to a championship club for equal or higher fees than what we paid for Dack?There have been a few but not very many We bought Dack whilst in league one.

Im not saying Whiteman wouldn't be a success but just find it strange No club from the championship has agreed to pay the fee for him if he is as good as being reported.The only official bids IV seen reported are from Hull and Barnsley.

For every Dack success there are plenty more who don't make the step up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, islander200 said:

I'm not saying Whiteman wouldn't be a success but just find it strange No club from the championship has agreed to pay the fee for him if he is as good as being reported.

This is a season where the average spend is 2m so far per club, so with the pandemic I think tbis is skewed a bit.  2m won't get him so whats the rush for club or player.?

I have no doubt that the player will play in this league or higher in the next season or two, I personally hope we do a deal with Donny and he sits while Trav and Joe go do the damage with the front lads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Have you seen many more players move from league one to a championship club for equal or higher fees than what we paid for Dack?There have been a few but not very many We bought Dack whilst in league one.

Im not saying Whiteman wouldn't be a success but just find it strange No club from the championship has agreed to pay the fee for him if he is as good as being reported.The only official bids IV seen reported are from Hull and Barnsley.

For every Dack success there are plenty more who don't make the step up.

I'm not arguing any of that. You're missing my point which is that transfer fees from the lower divisions have risen considerably since we signed Dack. At his age, and if Whiteman's as good as Sparks says he is the £2M doesn't seem excessive. You can't pay £750000 anymore.

And £2M is better than £7M if we're gambling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm not arguing any of that. You're missing my point which is that transfer fees from the lower divisions have risen considerably since we signed Dack. At his age, and if Whiteman's as good as Sparks says he is the £2M doesn't seem excessive. You can't pay £750000 anymore.

And £2M is better than £7M if we're gambling.

I wasn't missing your point, transfer fees from league 1 have not risen that much.

Not many players have left league one to join a higher club for fees in excess of the 750k we paid for Dack.We wouldn't have been paying that much more than 750k for Dack if we were buying him this year in similar circumstances to when we bought him.He had had a poor season prior to us buying him

And on Whiteman and a 2 million gamble being better than 7 Million, that's true but isn't it funny how not one championship club has deemed Whiteman good enough to pay his fee?so I would rather take their view than Sparks.No offence to him but he claimed Bradley Dack was a rubbish signing.

 

Edited by islander200
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I wasn't missing your point, transfer fees from league 1 have not risen that much.

Not many players have left league one to join a higher club for fees in excess of the 750k we paid for Dack.We wouldn't have been paying that much more than 750k for Dack if we were buying him this year in similar circumstances to when we bought him.He had had a poor season prior to us buying him

And on Whiteman and a 2 million gamble being better than 7 Million, that's true but isn't it funny how not one championship club has deemed Whiteman good enough to pay his fee?so I would rather take their view than Sparks.No offence to him but he claimed Bradley Dack was a rubbish signing.

 

Its several years since we signed Dack now. Similar with Rothwell. I'd be amazed if we could get players of that quality for £750000.

I also said IF he was as good as Sparks says he is. That's it from me on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember it as clear as day as I responded to the posts and we debated it.If you want to make out that you didn't say it that's fair enough, but I know you did say it like you say 99% of our signings and players are crap.Im not going back looking for posts from 3 years ago but I know and you know you said Dack was a crap signing and poor player 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I remember it as clear as day as I responded to the posts and we debated it.If you want to make out that you didn't say it that's fair enough, but I know you did say it like you say 99% of our signings and players are crap.Im not going back looking for posts from 3 years ago but I know and you know you said Dack was a crap signing and poor player 

To be fair, if you’re claiming he’s said said that and he’s saying he hasn’t- we are going to need some proof.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I have to say that this personal attack is unwarranted and unacceptable.  Can you show me the 99% that you are on about again?

Or are you just going to throw baseless insults over.

I've been banned for less.

?

I can't find the 2017 Transfer thread.But those are some of your opinions on Dack even after he had more than proved himself here.

Calling for a ban? Childish.

There is absolutely nothing personal in my posts apart from calling you out on your ridiculous football opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, islander200 said:

No I won't be quiet.You know you said it.

You said 99% of our signings and existing players are crap.

Kaminski - Good

Nyambe - Good

Lenihan - Crap

Williams  -- ?

Douglas - lets.see

Evans - Crap

TRAV - Good

Johnson - Good at.times

Rothwell  - Good

ARMA - Good

Brereton - Crap

Gallagher - Crap

Trybull - Average

Elliot - not ours

99%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This is a season where the average spend is 2m so far per club, so with the pandemic I think tbis is skewed a bit.  2m won't get him so whats the rush for club or player.?

I have no doubt that the player will play in this league or higher in the next season or two, I personally hope we do a deal with Donny and he sits while Trav and Joe go do the damage with the front lads.

I think that'd leave us a bit light in the defending stakes in central midfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.