BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Nick Powell moved for 5.25m from Crewe to Man U in 2012.

Assombalonga also moved for around 5m in 2014 to Forest who were in the Championship.

I don't think transfer prices have risen that much for league one players. I just think Dack was extra-ordinarily cheap at the price we paid.

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think its noticeable that he's never been out on loan.  My view is that nobody in league 1 or 2 would find a place for him in a rigid 442.  I'm not sure what his position is and that wouldn't attract lower league managers.  He should follow Mols to spain for some experience. 

I leave all the Buckley doubters this.

Screenshot_2020-11-11-14-46-36-534_com.twitter.android.jpg

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ha, thats when he was lazy and didnt work hard enough....that was adebate about Dack v Rothwell anyway....nothing to do with what you are claiming.

Can you post where i said he was a shit signing in 2017

Posted in April 2019.

Since that game he had half a season before being injured in December (?)

What changed in those 4 / 5 months that stopped him being "fat Bradley" and not as good as Ashley Fletcher? He was scoring goals and impacting games way before the first half of last season.

You've called Buckley crap a few times too, told us he'd be better served going out on loan to some low level club "in a rigid 4-4-2" (bit out dated for a player like Buckley...). What do you not see in him that others do? His weight of pass and first touch is excellent - his game management will come, with time, and so will his physicality and use of it. I don't see how Buckley will benefit from following Mols to some 4th tier side in Spain when he is getting minutes here...

I'm sure you also told us Mols was a better player than him. If Whiteman and Mols are better than Buckley then why is one getting bids from Hull and Barnsley, the other in the 4th tier of Spanish football, and the poor one raved about by almost everybody else?

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Youre as bad as Joe for ignoring your own eyes

His own eyes would have told him Buckley created chances at the weekend.

Lovely ball on to Lenihans head for the opening goal, lovely ball in to Wharton only for him to hit the post.

Don't think Buckley hit one stray ball at the weekend.

Agreed he needs to start imposing himself in the games and needs to work on his upper body strength, but technically Buckley has it to to be a success.Not many if any in our squad who are as good a passer as him 

• Backroom
7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Where do I find the summer  transfer thread from 2017 then and IL quote the posts?

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can you post where i said he was a shit signing in 2017

Looks like the messageboard only seems to go back to 2018 as far as I can see.

Maybe it's been archived to free up space on a server or something.

Either way, right now, no one can prove anyone right or wrong. 

Out of interest Sparks what's your opinion on Dack now?

Some pretty disparaging comments there from last year. Obviously,  we don't know how he will bounce back from serious injury. But if he comes back to fitness exactly same as before, where do u place him in the current hierarchy? 

Best player? Definate name on teamsheet?  Squad player? 

Just now, Silas said:

Some pretty disparaging comments there from last year. Obviously,  we don't know how he will bounce back from serious injury. But if he comes back to fitness exactly same as before, where do u place him in the current hierarchy? 

If Sparks thought Dack was a lazy waster after an excellent season in league one followed by a very good season in the championship it's safe to say he must have thought he was a poor signing and player before performing for us.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Posted in April 2019.

Since that game he had half a season before being injured in December (?)

What changed in those 4 / 5 months that stopped him being "fat Bradley" and not as good as Ashley Fletcher? He was scoring goals and impacting games way before the first half of last season.

You've called Buckley crap a few times too, t

Yep I'd have Fletcher before Dack and Bucko is crap in my opinion. Sorry.

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If Sparks thought Dack was a lazy waster after an excellent season in league one followed by a very good season in the championship it's safe to say he must have thought he was a poor signing and player before performing for us.

Not guilty,  your honour.  I'd  hardly heard of him before he signed.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Yep I'd have Fletcher before Dack and Bucko is crap in my opinion. Sorry.

That's why I struggle to take your word that Whiteman would be a massive upgrade on what we have.I will agree that In the games I have seen him play he looks good and looks like he could make the step up, but Doncaster are clearly wanting above of what he is worth, he would have signed for a Championship club otherwise.

In no way is Fletcher a better player than Dack.

49 minutes ago, Silas said:

Does he slow our attacking down when he comes back.? Will Armstrong be as effective.?..Dacks absence seems to have given him a lease of life.....

I'd flog him tomorrow if someone came in with a decent bid and buy 2 bloody good defenders......and a CM?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Does he slow our attacking down when he comes back.? Will Armstrong be as effective.?..Dacks absence seems to have given him a lease of life.....

I'd flog him tomorrow if someone came in with a decent bid and buy 2 bloody good defenders......and a CM?

I was thinking more he's now got Holtby and potentially Elliott to compete with that he didn't last time. Plus Brereton's rise from the ashes.

Makes me think could he almost be a replacement for the Graham role. Or am I losing my marbles?! Impact from the bench when we need a goal. 

Put him up top in odd game when Armstrong is injured/suspended. 

I still see him as a No.10 personally, but is interesting to ponder where his position might fall in the team over the next 6 months or so.

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, philipl said:

Which Fletcher are we talking about?

Paul Fletcher was more than useful for the Dingles.

Ashley Fletcher. Another poster rates him, personally I don’t, not compared to Dack anyhow. Most championship goals he’s scored in a season is 11. Dack bagged 15 in his first, then 9 in his second. He finished his second season in December....

Also, Dack plays as an attacking midfielder, Fletcher plays as a striker. There’s no comparison for me tbh.