BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

35 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s a lot more chatter now. It’s from the clubs / players we’ve been approaching. Im not blown over with the names but I haven’t seen most of them play.

Before anyone asks, I’m not going to say who they are as I can’t see any links between us and them in the media and stuff in here is very open, ends up on Twitter etc. I wouldn’t wanna betray anyone’s trust.

Im just saying that now, I’m pretty sure that we are VERY busy trying to get deals done.

Paul are they all based in England? If not where?

And is anything imminent from what you hear? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It is silly season. I take no interest in links, they either sign or they don’t. However, a lot of folk do hang off the words of anybody with info, or even those who hint that they may have, look at a professional grifter like Nixon’s twitter for proof of that.

But you don’t post anything, apart from innuendo and ?

Either spill the beans, or protect confidences and say nothing. Posting ‘I know all this stuff... but I can’t tell you ‘, it’s childlike.

Haha - As IF I’m blowing up 20yrs of friendships to have you absolutely trash me and then see every two bit hack out there be asked the same question on twitter by people on here?

I have trusted a few on here who have been brilliant. I’ve even given some bits when safe to and asked them to post it so I’m well clear of the bullshit. They know the script.

I don’t know why you constantly question me as if I’d / anyone would lie. FFS the last time @K-Hod bumped into me in a pub I was sat with our former club captain of 10yrs!! ?? Ask him if you like!

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I’d love to be able to get Tosin back but it’s all meaningless if he has to be partnered with Bell and Bennett as full backs. 

He needs a defence around him worthy of his and Lenihans quality.

Gotta get a top LB and Keeper too. Completely agree 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Paul are they all based in England? If not where?

And is anything imminent from what you hear? 

These were all English based mate. All young Keepers from PL. But would defo want to be number 1’s....which means, yes. It looks like we are about to loan another number 1! 

*reaches for tin hat and awaits nuclear explosion.

• Like 1

Totally agree with @Mattyblue there is absolutely no point coming on here claiming this insight into the world of football as if you know loads of information that you are refusing to reveal. If you cant say, fair enough and dont mention it at all as it just rubs people up the wrong way.

On the off chance that you do know, just makes you come across as desperate for attention if I am being honest.

I suppose whilst people eat out of your hand then it is worthwhile because people seem to get very excited over the mere sniff of transfer gossip which I have never personally understood. 

But all of this crypticness makes Alan Nixon look straight to the point.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What you don’t realise pal is how unlikely anyone is to come on here with any ‘info’ if they’ve made it up. This place (BRFCs) rarely takes kindly to any actual info (weirdly) Eg your trashing of the links to players over the last few days as ‘Silly season’ in spite of the fact that you don’t actually know anything yourself. How do you think that makes the posters of that info feel in terms of wanting to stick their neck out again?

My guess is that there are several people in this network who know a lot about what is going on but cannot be bothered to take the stick that comes with it.

I appreciate that I put myself up there to be shot at with my opinions and I gladly take my punishment. ??

Where even is your "info" though, barring that we are busy? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha - As IF I’m blowing up 20yrs of friendships to have you absolutely trash me and then see every two bit hack out there be asked the same question on twitter by people on here?

I have trusted a few on here who have been brilliant. I’ve even given some bits when safe to and asked them to post it so I’m well clear of the bullshit. They know the script.

I don’t know why you constantly question me as if I’d / anyone would lie. FFS the last time @K-Hod bumped into me in a pub I was sat with our former club captain of 10yrs!! ?? Ask him if you like!

‘Absolutely trash me’, bloody hell :D you don’t half take yourself seriously, it’s a message board, not a libel case.

Why would I want you to ‘blow up friendships of 20 years’? I’m merely saying that hinting you know all this stuff, but ‘I can’t tell you’ is a bit cringe, you’d actually be protecting your mate by saying nothing at all  (though some mate that would chuck away two decades of friendship over tittle tattle like this) but you can’t do that because you love the attention.

All this because I said random foreign names thrown on to a forum don’t seem particularly credible (though I also said feel free to quote me if one does trap, we need some cosmopolitan-ness in the squad), it’s just the way it is in July on football message boards, good luck to anyone that gets excited by it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree with @Mattyblue there is absolutely no point coming on here claiming this insight into the world of football as if you know loads of information that you are refusing to reveal. If you cant say, fair enough and dont mention it at all as it just rubs people up the wrong way.

On the off chance that you do know, just makes you come across as desperate for attention if I am being honest.

I suppose whilst people eat out of your hand then it is worthwhile because people seem to get very excited over the mere sniff of transfer gossip which I have never personally understood. 

But all of this crypticness makes Alan Nixon look straight to the point.

Sound ??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

These were all English based mate. All young Keepers from PL. But would defo want to be number 1’s....which means, yes. It looks like we are about to loan another number 1! 

*reaches for tin hat and awaits nuclear explosion.

Well looking at possible names. 

Iversen at Leicester who was on loan at Rotherham

Muric at City who was on loan at Man City..

Sanchez at Swansea. Was on loan at Rochdale

Travers at Bournemouth.

Pereria at Man Utd

Norris at Wolves

Iversen would a very good signing just from reports at Rotherham and Leicester. 

Loaning another keeper not ideal as I prefer permanent signing as number 1. But if other key signings are permanent signings then so be it. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Mattyblue said:

‘Absolutely trash me’, bloody hell :D you don’t half take yourself seriously, it’s a message board, not a libel case.

Why would I want you to ‘blow up friendships of 20 years’? I’m merely saying that hinting you know all this stuff, but ‘I can’t tell you’ is a bit cringe, you’d actually be protecting your mate by saying nothing at all  (though some mate that would chuck away two decades of friendship over tittle tattle like this) but you can’t do that because you love the attention.

All this because I said random foreign names thrown on to a forum don’t seem particularly credible, it’s just the way it is in July on football message boards, good luck to anyone that gets excited by it, I don’t.

Entitled to your opinion Matthew. ??

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Loaning another keeper not ideal as I prefer permanent signing as number 1. But if other key signings are permanent signings then so be it. 

if this is true its an absolute joke, it shows mowbrays learnt nothing from this season walton cost us points another inexperienced keeper will do the same joke of a decision ( if true ) . 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That Muric is absolute dog shit.

I believe that Brighton have a talented young keeper called Christian something or other.

next seasons shaping up to be a thriller isnt it young loan keeper bennett at right back scrabbling to get tosin back, meanwhile Tony will load us up with more centre mids

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travers at Bournemouth.

Pereria at Man Utd

Norris at Wolves

Sanchez is at Brighton and he is class.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travers at Bournemouth.

Pereria at Man Utd

Norris at Wolves

Surely goalkeeper is the priority position? Youve been saying for months how you expect a keeper churned out from our nice new scouting network and now a kid on loan will do you just fine ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That Muric is absolute dog shit.

I believe that Brighton have a talented young keeper called Christian something or other.

How much of Muric have you seen? A couple of games for Forest? 

8 international caps for his country and is at Man City. Saved a Kane penalty before for his country..

You said the same about Adarabioyo didn't you? Based on West Brom fans opinions and few games you watched. 

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What you don’t realise pal is how unlikely anyone is to come on here with any ‘info’ if they’ve made it up. This place (BRFCs) rarely takes kindly to any actual info (weirdly) Eg your trashing of the links to players over the last few days as ‘Silly season’ in spite of the fact that you don’t actually know anything yourself. How do you think that makes the posters of that info feel in terms of wanting to stick their neck out again?

My guess is that there are several people in this network who know a lot about what is going on but cannot be bothered to take the stick that comes with it.

I appreciate that I put myself up there to be shot at with my opinions and I gladly take my punishment. ??

The reason that you are getting "stick" is not because youve come on with "actual info" but more because you come on dismissing people claiming to know exactly what is going on without being willing to reveal what it is. So it makes the whole thing pointless.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How much of Muric have you seen? A couple of games for Forest? 

8 international caps for his country and is at Man City. Saved a Kane penalty before for his country..

You said the same about Adarabioyo didn't you? Based on West Brom fans opinions and few games you watched. 

Yes they signed him as number 1 and that idea soon went. 

Yeah I said I was skeptical but that I appreciated that he had not played in his correct position.

We dont need another kid on loan in net. If it is our own ie if it was Raya then fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely goalkeeper is the priority position? Youve been saying for months how you expect a keeper churned out from our nice new scouting network and now a kid on loan will do you just fine ?

Yes it is the main priority aswell centre back area. 

We haven't sign a keeper yet. We looking at PL keeper on loan. So calm down and stop getting knickers in a twist at some info. Josh posting how transfers work. So we are stage 2 probably. Looking at different lists of players whether is list A, B or C for each position. 

All depends on the budget he been given. Its could be loans and frees the budget. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The reason that you are getting "stick" is not because youve come on with "actual info" but more because you come on dismissing people claiming to know exactly what is going on without being willing to reveal what it is. So it makes the whole thing pointless.

And sometimes people have to protect their source so can't the full story but just give hints and tips. 

Edited by chaddyrovers