BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Back to Ewood

STs on sale Monday then? To try and catch up with the rest of the league who have thousands sold already. As presumably the club has been briefed and is prepared. Get that cash flow going.

Or do we have to wait until the virus in a city half way across the world is under control?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Government has announced that fans will be allow back in Stadium in the Autumn. 

Great news for clubs

Were there any specifics? Autumn lasts from the end of September until the end of December.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Ewood Park is trending on twitter due to some dingle on I'm a Celebrity.  Apparently he compared it to Hell. I suppose it is when you lose there 5-0. 

To be fair, he's (Jordan North, Radio 1 DJ) quite funny on it. He's a die hard Dingle & kept going on about his happy place being Turd Moor whilst trying to shut out what was going on in the trials.

Last night he was being covered in snakes and said "this is like being at Ewood Park!"

Another funny moment was when Shane Ritchie said he'd been paid £500k for 21 days work over 2 years doing the Daz ads. Jordan quipped "half a million for 21 days work!? I'd run through Burnley Town centre in a mankini for that, no, I'd run through Burnley in a Blackburn top for that kind of money!" ?

Edited by windymiller7

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

To be fair, he's (Jordan North, Radio 1 DJ) quite funny on it. He's a die hard Dingle & kept going on about his happy place being Turd Moor whilst trying to shut out what was going on in the trials.

Last night he was being covered in snakes and said "this is like being at Ewood Park!"

Another funny moment was when Shane Ritchie said he'd been paid £500k for 21 days work over 2 years doing the Daz ads. Jordan quipped "half a million for 21 days work!? I'd run through Burnley Town centre in a mankini for that, no, I'd run through Burnley in a Blackburn top for that kind of money!" ?

Never try and justify the words of a Dingle who's only intention is to besmirch the good name of BRFC.

I want you to take a bit of time to reflect on what you've just typed and then come back and give a full and frank apology to the civilised people of this parish ? 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Never try and justify the words of a Dingle who's only intention is to besmirch the good name of BRFC.

I want you to take a bit of time to reflect on what you've just typed and then come back and give a full and frank apology to the civilised people of this parish ? 

?. I apologise. 

• Like 4

We’ve seen today what having only one team’s supporters in the ground does. It’s the reason why FIFA use it to punish clubs.

Add in the FA Cup and VAR, and we’ve lost all of the integrity in football as the ONLY thing to play for is money.

Meanwhile the LFA have banned all grassroots junior football throughout December on the grounds of “safety”.

We are being taken the piss out of all ends up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Meanwhile the LFA have banned all grassroots junior football throughout December on the grounds of “safety”.

We are being taken the piss out of all ends up.

Yet the same kids are all at school together. It's a ridiculous decision.

• Like 2

I cant get on board with the idea of denying all fans entry back into football grounds just to even things up and because we are unfortunate to not be in an area to allow it. The return of supporters should be accomodated as soon as possible in any areas in which the government allows it and hopefully we will be in a position to go back soon enough.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant get on board with the idea of denying all fans entry back into football grounds just to even things up and because we are unfortunate to not be in an area to allow it. The return of supporters should be accomodated as soon as possible in any areas in which the government allows it and hopefully we will be in a position to go back soon enough.

Don’t agree. It has to be fair on both clubs and both sets of fans. Today was an example of how it affects the match officials. Their number 7 would have been booed every time he touched the ball after his unprofessional conduct in demanding a red card.

What was also ridiculous, and I suspect not what the government had in mind, was cramming all of those 2,000 fans into one stand of a 17,000-seater stadium.

This approach will have us back in a national lockdown again. (Which only happens when London is impacted you’ll notice).

• Like 1

I suspect the one stand approach is to save on the staffing costs and presumably various bits of their Covid-secure approach, much in the way that if Ewood ever lets crowds back in in these times I suspect they'll all be in the Jack Walker stand. I don't think a single crowd shot that made today's iFollow footage was compliant with social distancing!

Edited by GHR

This can’t come soon enough for me.

Whilst having access to watch the games at home has been ok in my experience, I just miss the noise and the energy in the building, even at a third full.

I hope the Ewood WMC has survived the pandemic, it’s hard to find any news on that, if anyone knows anything, would be great to know.