BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Goalkeepers

When you have to compare Walton to a man between the sticks in the park to say he has talent, you really are clutching at straws. 

I think we need to have a bit of perspective here. Compared to the average Joe of course Walton has talent. For a professional footballer representing Blackburn Rovers however, that talent level is nowhere near enough. 

Even excluding the horror show post lockdown - and knowing he has that in his game should be an automatic veto - the rest of his season was very mixed. His first half of the season was very poor too and it wasn't till Christmas that he began to pick up. That again should raise question marks about quality and consistency.

Add in the fact he clearly didn't do the extraordinary like Raya could do in those worldie saves, and Wigan weren't bothered about not getting him back and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence Walton isn't good enough for us. 

When talking about footballers talentless, useless, crap etc are all relative terms, but my word compared to other professional keepers Walton deserves those adjectives based on last season. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

Is there no chance one of our younger keepers couldn’t step up? Certainly looks like they’ll get a chance in the first friendly.

Yeah would be interested to hear if anyone has seen Billy The Fish play.

Looks like he's going to be involved in every matchday squad at least.

An upgrade to Canada's number one for the bench spot?

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Where have you been hiding for the past 72 hours? This messageboard has been in euphoria over a potential transfer!?

• Like 1

On 19/08/2020 at 08:13, Dreams of 1995 said:

Calling a professional footballer as talentless tells me Revidge doesn't play football. Any man here who plays the game will tell you that when you come across a player that level higher than you the difference is miles apart.

My brag of the day: when I was younger I was mincing it about at Chasetown (I knew the dream was over) and played against a young Raheem Sterling, who at the time was at QPR. It was around 09 / 10 as I was just leaving school. He had a bad game and went off at half-time, but he was a couple of years younger and a lot smaller. You could tell he was going to be a good en though, the way he moved, picked the ball up and dribbled was just a cut ahead of everybody else.

Later that year I played against Tranmere and came up against Max Power. If you'd have asked me then I'd have told you Max Power was going to play for England. He tore me a new one and it was me hoiked off just after half time.

Point being you knew straight away that them two lads had more talent in their small toe than we did as a collective. And lo and behold there they are, earning thousands of pounds a week to play a game we play for free.

There isn't a "talentless" professional footballer in existence. 

Er, Myles what's his name....

• Like 2

On 19/08/2020 at 08:13, Dreams of 1995 said:

Calling a professional footballer as talentless tells me Revidge doesn't play football. Any man here who plays the game will tell you that when you come across a player that level higher than you the difference is miles apart.

My brag of the day: when I was younger I was mincing it about at Chasetown (I knew the dream was over) and played against a young Raheem Sterling, who at the time was at QPR. It was around 09 / 10 as I was just leaving school. He had a bad game and went off at half-time, but he was a couple of years younger and a lot smaller. You could tell he was going to be a good en though, the way he moved, picked the ball up and dribbled was just a cut ahead of everybody else.

Later that year I played against Tranmere and came up against Max Power. If you'd have asked me then I'd have told you Max Power was going to play for England. He tore me a new one and it was me hoiked off just after half time.

Point being you knew straight away that them two lads had more talent in their small toe than we did as a collective. And lo and behold there they are, earning thousands of pounds a week to play a game we play for free.

There isn't a "talentless" professional footballer in existence. 

I was a decent Sunday League player.

One week we had two lads who'd been released from Bolton's Academy as 16 year olds turn up for a training match. It was like Pele and Maradonna had turned up to our training session. 

• Like 4

On 19/08/2020 at 08:25, Blue blood said:

When you have to compare Walton to a man between the sticks in the park to say he has talent, you really are clutching at straws. 

I think we need to have a bit of perspective here. Compared to the average Joe of course Walton has talent. For a professional footballer representing Blackburn Rovers however, that talent level is nowhere near enough. 

Even excluding the horror show post lockdown - and knowing he has that in his game should be an automatic veto - the rest of his season was very mixed. His first half of the season was very poor too and it wasn't till Christmas that he began to pick up. That again should raise question marks about quality and consistency.

Add in the fact he clearly didn't do the extraordinary like Raya could do in those worldie saves, and Wigan weren't bothered about not getting him back and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence Walton isn't good enough for us. 

When talking about footballers talentless, useless, crap etc are all relative terms, but my word compared to other professional keepers Walton deserves those adjectives based on last season. 

I'd define Walton as unathletic for a professional goalkeeper. 

On 18/08/2020 at 16:33, Stuart said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53803874

Joe Hart going to Spurs sums up everything wrong with football. It’s clearly more in his interests to be a reserve reserve for a PL club than play competitive matches in the Championship.

It’s a shame that coronavirus didn’t bring down the whole bloated, wasteful, arrogant empire.

I think it just sums up Joe Hart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think it just sums up Joe Hart. 

Why would he turn down the cash, especially at his age?

The PL and FA are to blame I’m afraid. This practice should be outlawed.