BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Goalkeepers

Just now, JacknOry said:

And this season he is best keeper in league, could get promoted and now linked to top PL teams. Says more about our handling of him than just "he is shyte". Says sometyhing about your opinion too. He had a bad injury last season if you remember but anyone can see the lad was big potential. 

Sorry,don't agree. Too small, woeful on the floor under pressure. Cock ups city.  Been very lucky behind a good defence.  He even pushed on out the other day to the centre forward whi scored....he cost them automatic promotion 

We can differ in opinion though,  can't we?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not having this.  The guy made cock up after cock up last season, his decision making was crap and his kicking even worse..his coming for crosses is questionable too.

I don't care about his next club, Mowbray should have replaced him with competency. My opinion Raya is shyte and people have short memories. 

Shite is harsh, but people are definitely viewing him with rose coloured glasses.

He was an excellent shot stopper. The rest of his game was poor. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Shite is harsh, but people are definitely viewing him with rose coloured glasses.

He was an excellent shot stopper. The rest of his game was poor. 

Ok, shite too harsh...

When he doesn't have to think, good goalie....when he does have to think, rubbish goalie 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not having this.  The guy made cock up after cock up last season, his decision making was crap and his kicking even worse..his coming for crosses is questionable too.

I don't care about his next club, Mowbray should have replaced him with competency. My opinion Raya is shyte and people have short memories. 

Perhaps Mowbray should then compare Raya's performances at Brentford to those at Rovers and question why he has gone from being such a problem here to arguably the best keeper in this division in less than 12 months.

I agree he did make mistakes last season. Now look at him under different coaches. Perhaps that is the issue Mowbray should be addressing.

Instead it is shoulder shrug stuff whilst be go shopping in the bargain aisle to find a couple of decent keepers. 

What a terrible and preventable position to be in.

• Like 2

Kean, Steele, Raya, Walton ...

All young lads all learning on the job here and all flappy or unpredictable because of the young and learning bit.

Until we step away and get someone who's learnt somewhere else for a few years the process will just repeat itself.  Of course we are just fans with opinions yet some are paid thousands per week and still can't seem to grasp this.

Nob End  ( yes i know them again but TM started it ) needed a young cheap keeper so they found one, loaned him to see then signed him and he's been in the sticks a few years finishing above us.  They wanted a decent defender without having the means for a fee loan or otherwise or huge wages, they found one and signed him.

Now if they can manage it why not us ?  We have or at least had the means to shop in the aisle or two above them.

What's the common denominator in all this ?

• Like 1

Raya had his faults as had Walton but both have had poor defences in front of them at their time at Rovers. I've not seen enough of Raya this season to say if his improved performance is due to a better defence in front of him or he has improved as a keeper.

Personally I don't think there are many good keepers at present but maybe it is the modern balls which don't help. I've heard that next season's premiership balls are being designed to travel straighter and maybe keepers may look better then. 

• Like 1

I wonder if we looking Heinz Lindner, a keeper who experience of Austria Bundesliga and German Bundesliga 2. 30 years old and out of contract. Plus 28 caps for Austria 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heinz-lindner/profil/spieler/59082

here any some of his saves and goalkeeper moments

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=heinz+lindner&&view=detail&mid=4F2F18EC62D583D1D8B14F2F18EC62D583D1D8B1&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dheinz%2Blindner%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

• Like 1

On 26/07/2020 at 11:49, bigbrandjohn said:

That’s for clean sheets isn’t it? Much more of team award than individual IMO. He faced the second fewest shots on goal in the league behind Leeds.

On 26/07/2020 at 20:02, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder if we looking Heinz Lindner, a keeper who experience of Austria Bundesliga and German Bundesliga 2. 30 years old and out of contract. Plus 28 caps for Austria 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heinz-lindner/profil/spieler/59082

here any some of his saves and goalkeeper moments

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=heinz+lindner&&view=detail&mid=4F2F18EC62D583D1D8B14F2F18EC62D583D1D8B1&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dheinz%2Blindner%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

That was the lad I recommended last year 

On 26/07/2020 at 19:58, Oldgregg86 said:

Just saved a penalty to keep it 0-0 in the play offs and been impeccable all game ?‍♂️

Except for that stonewall penalty he should have given away.

Ref felt guilty for sending off Henry, otherwise it's another Raya clanger.

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Our local media have no clue, let's be honest.

Who knows what Mowbray says to them off the record..

With only 12 months left of contract and Charlton relegated I would imagine we could get him for 500k. Other Championship clubs are interested in him

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what Mowbray says to them off the record..

With only 12 months left of contract and Charlton relegated I would imagine we could get him for 500k. Other Championship clubs are interested in him

Everytime I have seen him he has made numerous saves and has looked a decent goalkeeper. I think he would be a good signing but I dont necessarily think that we could afford 500k on a player at the moment, we have the disadvantage of Venkys dallying and I dont see why he would necessarily choose us.

I thought you expected a keeper from abroad?

Edited by roversfan99

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Everytime I have seen him he has made numerous saves and has looked a decent goalkeeper. I think he would be a good signing but I dont necessarily think that we could afford 500k on a player at the moment, we have the disadvantage of Venkys dallying and I dont see why he would necessarily choose us.

I thought you expected a keeper from abroad?

who knows what will happen in the next few weeks regarding transfer with Covid-19 around. 

I'm surprise you actually like my suggestion/post. 

Not seen much of him but does appear to have good footwork and made some good saves from the clips I've seen on YouTube of him

Edited by chaddyrovers

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows what will happen in the next few weeks regarding transfer with Covid-19 around. 

I'm surprise you actually like my suggestion/post. 

Not seen much of him but does appear to have good footwork and made some good saves from the clips I've seen on YouTube of him

I think he has made the most saves in the league but I may be wrong.

Some good shouts for keepers on here, there are plenty that should be attainable. The Charlton keeper is a good shout, I like Marshall at Wigan and then there are tons of good foreign keepers available for nothing. The fantasist in me would go for Luca Zidane, with his father being that average former midfielder and current manager of a small Spanish club, to have that connection could lead to some exciting loan signings going forward. 

Then again, why do we need Zidane when we have the Canadian.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 7