BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

far from ideal and will no doubt annoyed and angry some fans

The situation is shit anyway hence my thread on a total lack of excitement about the season coming up. But what else can they possibly do within a sadly very restricted situation? 

As I said, Rovers shouldnt have that problem so no excuses.

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Ban away fans at Ewood. Easily to let 13500 home fans in the ground with a good social distance between them!

Think if you half that figure, it might be nearer to who actually goes to Ewood during all this.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Think if you half that figure, it might be nearer to who actually goes to Ewood during all this.

6000 could quite easily be the maximum.

B End - holds 8000 ..so allow fans to sit on every other row ..this then becomes a capacity of just 4000. Then fans to sit in say ?...every fourth seat on these rows  ..this soon shoots down to just 1000 for the entire B End.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The situation is shit anyway hence my thread on a total lack of excitement about the season coming up. But what else can they possibly do within a sadly very restricted situation? 

As I said, Rovers shouldnt have that problem so no excuses.

Yes a very restricted situation but the only way out of this situation is a vaccine or treatment. 

Depends on whether Blackburn is on local lockdown still, how you social distancing supporters in stadiums, etc 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So how are Bradford City going to decide who gets to attend or not? 

a question no one has answered so far can't they don't know how to solve this problem

I don't know the answer to that question, chaddyrovers.

I do, however know that my local League team, Rochdale, has had an announcement on their website for some time now - and had the details in the local paper last weekend - about selling 'season cards' to allow their fans to have a seat in the ground for whenever fans are allowed in to watch games. The club actually apologise to fans that it may not be for their 'usual' seat, but assures them that when the COVID19 restrictions are relaxed, they can switch back to the seat that has been theirs for however long they've had a season ticket.

I'm guessing here that fans who stand at games played at the Crown Oil Arena will have to buy a seat temporarily.

'Compare and contrast', as they say in all the best exam questions, 'with the complete absence from the Blackburn Rovers website of any information about how the club intends to sell season tickets for season 2020/21.'

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes a very restricted situation but the only way out of this situation is a vaccine or treatment. 

Depends on whether Blackburn is on local lockdown still, how you social distancing supporters in stadiums, etc 

But they may aswell sell tickets to a restricted stadium rather than not at all. So I suspect it is between rotation of current season ticket holders or first come first serve.

Rovers wont have this problem because we have a ground far bigger than the demand.

The approach should presumably take a more realistic viewpoint that a vaccine is certainly not imminent and open up with restrictions, and slowly relax those restrictions until if and when infections start rising. Ultimately with the aim of eventually being back to normal again. And quite probably with some backwards steps (re-introduction of stricter restrictions) within that process. A vaccine wont come soon if it ever does so we just have to hope that failing a miracle cure, that the impact of the virus starts to massively reduce organically. It wouldnt be logistically realistic for everyone to live like this forever. 

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Ban away fans at Ewood. Easily to let 13500 home fans in the ground with a good social distance between them!

You have top go back quite a way for that number of home regulars.

7 thousand is more likely and that should be doable, dread to think what Waggot will charge though.

56 minutes ago, m1st said:

I do, however know that my local League team, Rochdale, has had an announcement on their website for some time now - and had the details in the local paper last weekend - about selling 'season cards' to allow their fans to have a seat in the ground for whenever fans are allowed in to watch games. The club actually apologise to fans that it may not be for their 'usual' seat, but assures them that when the COVID19 restrictions are relaxed, they can switch back to the seat that has been theirs for however long they've had a season ticket.

I have heard a number of non league owners on the radio today saying without restrictions being lifted it will kill non league football. 

The club has said they won't released any info on ST tickets yet with the current restrictions

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But they may aswell sell tickets to a restricted stadium rather than not at all. So I suspect it is between rotation of current season ticket holders or first come first serve.

Rovers wont have this problem because we have a ground far bigger than the demand.

The approach should presumably take a more realistic viewpoint that a vaccine is certainly not imminent and open up with restrictions, and slowly relax those restrictions until if and when infections start rising. Ultimately with the aim of eventually being back to normal again. And quite probably with some backwards steps (re-introduction of stricter restrictions) within that process. A vaccine wont come soon if it ever does so we just have to hope that failing a miracle cure, that the impact of the virus starts to massively reduce organically. It wouldnt be logistically realistic for everyone to live like this forever. 

for me, All Season Tickets Holders need to be asked 1st about renewing before new fans. Rovers have to guarantee that fans who are Season Ticket Holders can have their normal seat back after the virus has gone finally. I can understand Rovers stance on not selling Season Tickets whilst totally understand what @JHRover is saying about income stream for the club and keeping the habit of going aswell. even tho we different views on whether we should be selling ST right now with no timescale of we will be defiantly allowed back into stadiums by this time. Maybe Rovers could introduce a membership scheme thats secure your seat as season ticket holder for a couple of seasons depending when we will be allowed back into stadium

from some reports suggested a Vaccine by end of year/Start of new year. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I have heard a number of non league owners on the radio today saying without restrictions being lifted it will kill non league football. 

The club has said they won't released any info on ST tickets yet with the current restrictions

for me, All Season Tickets Holders need to be asked 1st about renewing before new fans. Rovers have to guarantee that fans who are Season Ticket Holders can have their normal seat back after the virus has gone finally. I can understand Rovers stance on not selling Season Tickets whilst totally understand what @JHRover is saying about income stream for the club and keeping the habit of going aswell. even tho we different views on whether we should be selling ST right now with no timescale of we will be defiantly allowed back into stadiums by this time. Maybe Rovers could introduce a membership scheme thats secure your seat as season ticket holder for a couple of seasons depending when we will be allowed back into stadium

from some reports suggested a Vaccine by end of year/Start of new year. 

Yeah its all about flexibility. I dont think that under Venkys we will ever have the proactivity and creativity to do anything but dither and wait in times like these. They have the advantage of not having a season ticket holder base that exceeds even a massively restricted capacity. Other clubs may have to be more creative as we have seen with supporter rotation and capping of sales. As you said, its about keeping the income going, keeping the fans in the loop and keeping people in the habit. Ultimately (and unfortunately) the notion of designated seats will be removed in the short term due to the restrictions, so of course when things are back to normal, whenever that is, fans should be able to then resume in the seats they had prior to all of this. It also will require transparency. Remove the option of refunds in advance, worst case scenario is people (who understand that this may happen) have a season ticket paid for covering in a years time. Ideally, they get ifollow links (home and away to provide value, the away games could be key in keeping value) until they can attend again in the restricted stadium.

Based on your suggestions from a few months back the vaccine should be here/almost here already. We cant place our hopes on something that cannot ever be guaranteed and will take ages to test and mass produce, even presuming 100% uptake even if it does come. It should be a case of restrictions slowly eased as much and as quickly as is safely possible, accepting hiccups along the way and potentially backwards steps in the progress.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on your suggestions from a few months back the vaccine should be here/almost here already. We cant place our hopes on something that cannot ever be guaranteed and will take ages to test and mass produce, even presuming 100% uptake even if it does come. It should be a case of restrictions slowly eased as much and as quickly as is safely possible, accepting hiccups along the way and potentially backwards steps in the progress.

more false claims here again!

Wasn't my suggestion but based on comments from People from Oxford University at that time. 

Without a vaccine or treatment you will never have full stadiums or be able to attend away games again until this happen. 

The phase 3 testing is happening right now with Oxford University potential vaccine. AstraZeneca is mass production right now. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

more false claims here again!

Wasn't my suggestion but based on comments from People from Oxford University at that time. 

Without a vaccine or treatment you will never have full stadiums or be able to attend away games again until this happen. 

The phase 3 testing is happening right now with Oxford University potential vaccine. AstraZeneca is mass production right now. 

I disagree with that. Say if a vaccine never comes, do you think that in 10 years time, we will still be forbidden from attending football games? (The clubs that still exist)

Over time, the virus surely will become less and less potent. It is also going to be impossible logistically to limit people from doing the things they love for so long.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Restrictions on fans attending games at clubs below National League North & South have been lifted today.

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Restrictions on fans attending games at clubs below National League North & South have been lifted today.

Just like that?

The decision making around this supposedly deadly virus is so inconsistent it’s untrue. Is it any wonder people have become cynical?

Just now, Stuart said:

Just like that?

The decision making around this supposedly deadly virus is so inconsistent it’s untrue. Is it any wonder people have become cynical?

The clubs concerned will have to do it following social distancing rules but yes, just like that. It’s come after pressure from 30+ MPs to the Sports Minister.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Bradford City have been selling ST's at £150 a pop.

Their allowed Ground capacity is set to be around 7,000...... They have sold around 14,000.

Go figure.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So how are Bradford City going to decide who gets to attend or not? 

a question no one has answered so far can't they don't know how to solve this problem

A question I asked weeks ago with absolutely no reaction. A clear demonstration of why Rovers are right not to be selling STs until the situation is clear.

There is no way it is morally responsible to sell tickets for a match or matches a fan may not be able to attend. Anyone who thinks differently is living in another reality.

As an aside anyone attending a yoga or pilates class will find there has to be two metres distancing between each individual. Translated to a football stadium regardless of its' capacity that would represent a huge drop in capacity.

A seat is approximately 45cm wide. If everyone has to have a one metre spacing that means removing 2 out of every 3 seats in a row and the row in front or behind.......and Rovers should be trying to sell? Ha!

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul said:

A question I asked weeks ago with absolutely no reaction. A clear demonstration of why Rovers are right not to be selling STs until the situation is clear.

There is no way it is morally responsible to sell tickets for a match or matches a fan may not be able to attend. Anyone who thinks differently is living in another reality.

As an aside anyone attending a yoga or pilates class will find there has to be two metres distancing between each individual. Translated to a football stadium regardless of its' capacity that would represent a huge drop in capacity.

The thing is, people feel obliged to financially support their footbal club. Indeed, I have seen numerous supporters complain that they have the money, because ultimately they would normally budget to spend at this time, and cannot buy a season ticket. There would never be a situation in which they would never be reimbursed, whether As long as that flexibility and uncertainty was communicated, as if those buying season tickets wouldnt know that anyway. The ideal situation would be the vast majority of the season (October onwards is the current plan) they can attend, probably as a reduced capacity, with ifollow links home and away making up the shortfall. Say things get worse and the whole season is behind closed doors. Well then theyve paid for next seasons ticket. It is totally over the top to suggest that it is morally wrong. People will willingly pay for a service they always do which will be completed as best as is possible, they arent fools and indeed are happy to do so. Not only to support their main hobby and the club they love, but to watch them every week as best as they can.

To take a different view point, without income the club cannot indefinitely continue. Surely it would be even more morally irresponsible to risk current employees jobs?

The main factor will be if it is a 1m or 2m gap.

As a club whose current season ticket base makes up less than 30% of its stadium capacity, once limited capacity kicks in there is still plenty of scope for social distancing.

17 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The clubs concerned will have to do it following social distancing rules but yes, just like that. It’s come after pressure from 30+ MPs to the Sports Minister.

Fascinating. Boris’ government seem to change tack as soon as the political wind blows. Seems they are determined to keep the public onside and will go against their own principles to do so.

Without going too off piste, it’s the same with exams. This may be the first year ever where nobody ends up disappointed with their results:

”It’s a C”

But I worked so hard

”Ok then, it’s an A*”

Same with Covid:

”It’s not safe”

But we’ll go out of business and you’ll lose tax revenue

”Ok then, it’s safe”

@roversfan99I fully understand your points especially those relating to fans wanting to support their club financially. I USED to do this myself when the club needed or deserved my money. Today we have owners who have thrown £120-150m down the drain in ten years. There is absolutely no way I'm giving those owners my money without a guarantee of what the situation will be.

I have a question for you. You seem to have no moral objection to Rovers selling STs for games which fans may not be able to attend. Potentially the club could go under with fans having no recourse to a refund. ST holders would be way down any creditors list.

Please can you tell me what other things you are prepared to buy for say £400 with no guarantee you will receive what you have purchased and no option for a refund?

I would also like to ask what other businesses you are prepared to give your money to in order to save jobs with no guarantee you'll receive any product?

Edited by Paul

Just now, Paul said:

@roversfan99I fully understand your points especially those relating to fans wanting to support their club financially. I USED to do this myself when the club needed or deserved my money. Today we have owners who have thrown £120-150m down the drain in ten years. There is absolutely no way I'm giving those owners my money without a guarantee of what the situation will be.

I have a question for you. You seem to have no moral objection to Rovers selling STs for games which fans may not be able to attend. Potentially the club could go under with fans having no recourse to a refund. ST holders would be way down any creditors list.

Please can you tell me what other things you are prepared to buy for say £400 with no guarantee you will receive what you have purchased and no option for a refund?

I think the likelihood of the club going under in the next year whilst being higher than normal of course is still very unlikely in regards to taking the precaution of not risking selling season ticket holders at all. But surely that argument would lead to never putting them on sale rather than not at this very moment anyway? 

Supporters of a football club do have a different relationship to most customers with a business.

I dont doubt your clear hatred of the owners, its one I share. It just seems so unlikely that supporters will not receive any reimbursement at all for their money due to an imminent possibility of the club going under.

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Paul, what is the problem with signing people up initially to a nominal direct debit for a £1 p.m. initially so that we're ready to go when the Government finally make a decision on crowds and Rovers know exactly what they can and can't do? Then amend the amount upwards as appropriate.

That nominal sum already paid could be easily reimbursed against later on in the season once crowds are let back in, against next season or in the form of a credit at the Club shop or something.

I'd say we'd be unlikely to run into capacity issues (unlike most Clubs) but even if we do, let fans in on a rotation basis as mentioned above. I really can't see the issue and any excuse for not selling anything from the Club's point of view.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I think the likelihood of the club going under in the next year whilst being higher than normal of course is still very unlikely in regards to taking the precaution of not risking selling season ticket holders at all. But surely that argument would lead to never putting them on sale rather than not at this very moment anyway? 

Supporters of a football club do have a different relationship to most customers with a business.

I dont doubt your clear hatred of the owners, its one I share. It just seems so unlikely that supporters will not receive any reimbursement at all for their money due to an imminent possibility of the club going under.

I feel there is a strong possibility the club will go under. There is a very real possibility the owners will have to fund everything with very little income to help with this. We all want to go back. I will buy two STs as soon as it is clear what I'm buying. The reality though is very few, if any of us, will be back in the ground before March. Will the owners support this situation? I think the chances are at best 50/50 - if anything Covid-19 is the smokescreen which allows them to get out.

I agree my relationship with the club is totally different to that with any other business but the owners changed all that. If they want my money I need guarantees.

You argue supporters should buy STs to protect workers jobs. Where else do you advocate I do this? I'm afraid you're dodging the question.

Just now, Paul said:

I feel there is a strong possibility the club will go under. There is a very real possibility the owners will have to fund everything with very little income to help with this. We all want to go back. I will buy two STs as soon as it is clear what I'm buying. The reality though is very few, if any of us, will be back in the ground before March. Will the owners support this situation? I think the chances are at best 50/50 - if anything Covid-19 is the smokescreen which allows them to get out.

I agree my relationship with the club is totally different to that with any other business but the owners changed all that. If they want my money I need guarantees.

You argue supporters should buy STs to protect workers jobs. Where else do you advocate I do this? I'm afraid you're dodging the question.

But the fact is, you wont buy a season ticket until you know what you are getting, which is totally understandable. Other people are willing knowing full well that things are up in the air, not naive to that. Why is it immoral to allow them to do so?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Paul, what is the problem with signing people up initially to a nominal direct debit for a £1 p.m. initially so that we're ready to go when the Government finally make a decision on crowds and Rovers know exactly what they can and can't do? Then amend the amount upwards as appropriate.

That nominal sum already paid could be easily reimbursed against later on in the season once crowds are let back in, against next season or in the form of a credit at the Club shop or something.

I'd say we'd be unlikely to run into capacity issues (unlike most Clubs) but even if we do, let fans in on a rotation basis as mentioned above. I really can't see the issue and any excuse for not selling anything from the Club's point of view.

I agree with the first paragraph. I would sign up for that. Is it happening anywhere else? All I read is Rovers fans kicking the club because we haven't sold twice the capacity. It's not a rational discussion just an excuse to berate the management.

Thinking about the second point I wouldn't be concerned over losing £1/month. I'll hand over £10 today if it puts me in the queue but I'm not shelling out £400 on the promise of jam tomorrow.

Will we have capacity issues? I feel it's impossible for any fan to gauge. Capacity will be determined by so many factors it really is impossible to guess at but I do feel most will get a seat IF we are allowed back in. I doubt this will be before March.