BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Just now, Paul said:

I agree with the first paragraph. I would sign up for that. Is it happening anywhere else? All I read is Rovers fans kicking the club because we haven't sold twice the capacity. It's not a rational discussion just an excuse to berate the management.

Thinking about the second point I wouldn't be concerned over losing £1/month. I'll hand over £10 today if it puts me in the queue but I'm not shelling out £400 on the promise of jam tomorrow.

Will we have capacity issues? I feel it's impossible for any fan to gauge. Capacity will be determined by so many factors it really is impossible to guess at but I do feel most will get a seat IF we are allowed back in. I doubt this will be before March.

What do you mean that we are kicking the club because "we havent sold twice the capacity?" It could be out of the current season ticket holders up until we hit a cap of say 20% (6000) or 25% (7500) when it is stopped. I dont think we would sell that many, say we sold 3000 at a reduced price of £250, thats 750k brought in of crucial income. And an amount that could be allowed in should the gates be allowed to open in October, or if necessary delayed, even under heavy restrictions. Seems a little disingenuous to suggest that people are unhappy because they have set unrealistic/silly levels of sales. Even a limited amount would surely be better than nothing?

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But the fact is, you wont buy a season ticket until you know what you are getting, which is totally understandable. Other people are willing knowing full well that things are up in the air, not naive to that. Why is it immoral to allow them to do so?

Are you really asking this question? Why is it immoral to sell something you may not be able to supply? Does this really need an answer?

I offered a solution weeks ago. Supporters who want to support their club financially should be able to do so. Clubs should accept donations for the value of a season ticket from individual fans. Those fans would be entitled to claim a free ST if or when they go on sale.

What is unacceptable is the notion of selling a ticket for a match which might not take place live to spectators.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul said:

Are you really asking this question? Why is it immoral to sell something you may not be able to supply? Does this really need an answer?

I offered a solution weeks ago. Supporters who want to support their club financially should be able to do so. Clubs should accept donations for the value of a season ticket from individual fans. Those fans would be entitled to claim a free ST if or when they go on sale.

What is unacceptable is the notion of selling a ticket for a match which might not take place live to spectators.

Essentially those donations with season ticket privelidges down the line are the same thing! People would know that there is uncertainty. Even factoring in a quite frankly idiotic naivety should someone not realise that already, but it could be transparently stated in the release. You are making out that they are being tricked into it. And as if the club are purposely going to take the money and run. 

Edited by roversfan99

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Essentially those donations with season ticket privelidges down the line are the same thing! People would know that there is uncertainty. Even factoring in a quite frankly idiotic naivety should someone not realise that already, but it could be transparently stated in the release. You are making out that they are being tricked into it. And as if the club are purposely going to take the money and run. 

I'm sorry you don't understand the difference. It is quite simply wrong to sell something which you cannot guarantee to supply. A donation is something completely different. If I buy something I expect to receive it, if I choose to donate on the understanding I MIGHT get an ST that's another proposition.

By all means state the terms and conditions. I've no problem with that but what we have here is fans criticising the club for not selling STs when it is abundantly clear the club have no idea what they can or cannot offer.

There is no business logic to incurring all the costs of selling STs when there is a strong possibility they will have to be refunded incurring yet more cost.

It's only a few weeks ago fans criticised the club for not offering refunds now fans want the club to sell tickets to yet more games which they may not watch live. It makes no sense.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm sorry you don't understand the difference. It is quite simply wrong to sell something which you cannot guarantee to supply. A donation is something completely different. If I buy something I expect to receive it, if I choose to donate on the understanding I MIGHT get an ST that's another proposition.

By all means state the terms and conditions. I've no problem with that but what we have here is fans criticising the club for not selling STs when it is abundantly clear the club have no idea what they can or cannot offer.

There is no business logic to incurring all the costs of selling STs when there is a strong possibility they will have to be refunded incurring yet more cost.

It's only a few weeks ago fans criticised the club for not offering refunds now fans want the club to sell tickets to yet more games which they may not watch live. It makes no sense.

There is a massive difference compared to the refund situation. That was a situation in which the pandemic was totally unexpected. A refund would have reimbursed a small percentage who werent content/had no access to watch online. If people agree to a season ticket fully aware that the situation is flexible and unclear then they wouldnt have the right to say that they didnt expect it. There is a huge difference in the timing and any knowledge of the pandemic prior to purchase.

As I said, there never has to be a refund even if the whole season is behind closed doors. Only a deferral of the payment covering next season.

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

I like your idea of being able to donate, if the Club were honest and admitted they were completely brassic and said they needed donations to keep the doors open either via a monthly amount or the full amount of a season ticket up front I would probably do it.

However in practice (like 99) I can't see that that would be any different whatsoever to selling season tickets now but explaining that if it is not possible to view matches in the ground then that is due to circumstances beyond the Club's control and no refunds will be issued. Or, we could offer credit against future purchases.

I agree there's a danger that this might be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as the owners are concerned, but isn't sitting back and doing nothing, and making no effort to get any income in whatsoever, making it even more likely that that will occur?

Also, for those concerned about the possibility of the Club going under, could that not be addressed by purchasing on a credit card meaning g you're covered in the worst case scenario?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Paul said:

This is the nail on the head and certainly something I’d be willing to fork out for. 
Think of it as me at my most philanthropic.

Still baffles me that Rovers have the opportunity to get cash in from fans and they’re sitting on their hands. 

I can see both sides of this debate and it really is an individual choice but Rovers do (once again) seem to be out of kilter with lots, perhaps the majority of clubs. If they did to on sale then there should be several caveats detailing the risks. People aren't stupid and if they felt the risks were too great then don't but them.

What is grinding my gears is the deafening silence from Ewood not just about season tickets but many other things. A tidy income stream could have come from merchandise but the shop is still closed I believe. Having a new kit on sale sees more footfall than any other time except match day. But as yet there isn't even a release date. It's poor but in my opinion reflects the complete of leadership and direction at Ewood.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that no matter your view on venkys they will be putting a plan in place, COVID has affected all business around the world including their own. There will be financial plans for all of their business that will be a reaction to the pandemic and one of those businesses will be BRFC.

I don’t buy into Rover facing financial ruin, they won’t embarrass themselves with failure. If anything, it might convince them to sell and even today Rovers remain an attractive club to buy for a small price, venkys would have to take their debts with them, that is the reality.

I think we should all just sit back and wait, it’s not just Rovers that are affected. PL clubs will be in dire straits knowing tv money is being lessened as will the clubs who came down, they will all be affected hence Bournemouth having a fire sale. 

It would be very nice though to see us start with a Win Win though ?

• Like 1

I can go online and book a holiday abroad. If I do the advantage is that I might get a good deal, but I would do so knowing full well the risks involved which might mean that I can't go when the time comes or that I might be able to go but not enjoy it as much as I would like.

Of course it would be easier and safer to not book. But if everyone did that the airlines and tourism industry would be bust already.

I don't see any reason why Rovers cannot do something to generate income.

Ps Bolton are at 3000 sales since Monday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I can see both sides of this debate and it really is an individual choice but Rovers do (once again) seem to be out of kilter with lots, perhaps the majority of clubs. If they did to on sale then there should be several caveats detailing the risks. People aren't stupid and if they felt the risks were too great then don't but them.

What is grinding my gears is the deafening silence from Ewood not just about season tickets but many other things. A tidy income stream could have come from merchandise but the shop is still closed I believe. Having a new kit on sale sees more footfall than any other time except match day. But as yet there isn't even a release date. It's poor but in my opinion reflects the complete of leadership and direction at Ewood.

If money is tight then Rovers need fans more than ever. They should be reaching out via the FF, Rovers Trust, forum groups.

There is no communication whatsoever with fans so the inference is: we will involve you when we‘re ready. The silence is deafening.

Personally I’d expect Waggott to leave before he would reach out to fans.

Pride comes before a fall.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

Perhaps this type of financial dealing is why Bolton are in the fourth division!

'This type of financial dealing'

They're selling season tickets and raking cash in. As are many others. 

If Bolton in the 4th tier can sell more than 3500 in this climate within a couple of days of sales then what numbers could we be selling?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I can go online and book a holiday abroad. If I do the advantage is that I might get a good deal, but I would do so knowing full well the risks involved which might mean that I can't go when the time comes or that I might be able to go but not enjoy it as much as I would like.

Of course it would be easier and safer to not book. But if everyone did that the airlines and tourism industry would be bust already.

I don't see any reason why Rovers cannot do something to generate income.

Ps Bolton are at 3000 sales since Monday.

But if you are prevented from going on your holiday you have booked you get a refund.  You don't get a live stream of Benidorm beach instead.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paul said:

The way I see it , you buy a season ticket knowing you are definitely keeping the club going or at least contributing to , and it’s a bonus if you get to a few games 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

'This type of financial dealing'

They're selling season tickets and raking cash in. As are many others. 

If Bolton in the 4th tier can sell more than 3500 in this climate within a couple of days of sales then what numbers could we be selling?

But what they are selling is not available. If people are willing to buy something that cannot be used that is their decision. But if the club uses the money they will not be able to refund any buyers who want their money back when it is found the product is not upto the standard they expected.

• Like 1

It's a joke that there is no communication to fans ither clubs selling season tickets and shirts yet we ain't, releasing the home and away kits would be nice income but as usual we are late and who's fault is it ? Is it someone at ewoods ? Chosen the kits two years in advance had extra time too wit the pandemic yet less than a month until the first game and still not even announced, it's a disgrace 

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

It's a joke that there is no communication to fans ither clubs selling season tickets and shirts yet we ain't, releasing the home and away kits would be nice income but as usual we are late and who's fault is it ? Is it someone at ewoods ? Chosen the kits two years in advance had extra time too wit the pandemic yet less than a month until the first game and still not even announced, it's a disgrace 

The sponsor issue has fecked things up, but you would wonder if that is responsible for the delay or just another issue 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

It's an odd time this though and some clubs are known to borrow against Season ticket money in advance. Possibly to get them through lean summer months or sign a few players.

If the likes of Bolton etc have borrowed in advance they'll be under pressure to get them on sale to get something back in to meet their repayments.

We are never on the ball here anyway though so no surprise nothing has been mentioned. Owners probably on their annual summer leave so everything stops then.

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I disagree with that. Say if a vaccine never comes, do you think that in 10 years time, we will still be forbidden from attending football games? (The clubs that still exist)

Over time, the virus surely will become less and less potent. It is also going to be impossible logistically to limit people from doing the things they love for so long.

The latest information that a vaccine whether its the Oxford or German one will be available at the end of the year. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/england-germany-neck-neck-race-produce-first-vaccine/

Who knows? what happens if we still another type of coronavirus by then? 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The latest information that a vaccine whether its the Oxford or German one will be available at the end of the year. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/england-germany-neck-neck-race-produce-first-vaccine/

Who knows? what happens if we still another type of coronavirus by then? 

Key word is "may."