BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

It will be astonishing and shameful if 4th division recently bankrupt Bolton shift anywhere near the number of season tickets we do. But the way it is going they are going to be close, assuming we ever bother to put any on sale.

The bonus here for Bolton is that the cash in the bank is enabling them to recruit ahead of an expected promotion season, whilst we wail about lack of income and money.

The other bonus is that those 5000 people will be invested in the club. Even if they aren't allowed into games for the next few months they have put their hard earned money in, the club has them tied in. For the last 3 months we have had a season ticket base of 0 and £0 revenue from ticket sales. With every passing month the 'drifters' e.g. those who aren't that fussed about going and who often do so purely out of habit will take more and more persuading to part with their £350 when we get around to asking them.

Edited by JHRover

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

.The bonus here for Bolton is that the cash in the bank is enabling them to recruit ahead of an expected promotion season,

and to get the local landscaper round to weed the pavements and monuments to past legends, lick of paint to the breezeblock....

Edited by Sparks Rover

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

and to get the local landscaper round to weed the pavements and monuments to past legends, lick of paint to the breezeblock....

Maybe that extra months salary money we paid to Smallwood and co. in July could have been spent on said landscaper instead. 

• Like 3

Had a mooch round yesterday when passing and there's plenty weeds around the gaff and it's not a good look it probably looked worse on those photo's.  A structure like the JW stand should never have weed and green strewn areas around it though lets be honest.

There was a couple of blokes with a van and trailer cutting the hedge between the car park and Bolton Road which was a mess in itself so perhaps the clean has begun. There was also a a long box van with foreign plates and ramps out the back where they access the maintanence gear. A delivery of new equipment ?  More investment elsewhere or are they coming from foreign climbs just to mow our pitch now ?

Then again maybe it was delivering the new keeper, must be a big lad !

On 24/08/2020 at 23:27, JHRover said:

It will be astonishing and shameful if 4th division recently bankrupt Bolton shift anywhere near the number of season tickets we do. But the way it is going they are going to be close, assuming we ever bother to put any on sale.

The bonus here for Bolton is that the cash in the bank is enabling them to recruit ahead of an expected promotion season, whilst we wail about lack of income and money

It's neither astonishing or shameful - that's just ridiculous and provocative language designed to fire more bullets at Rovers. 

No seats can be allocated, seats likely to be imposed by clubs around their grounds with little or no choice of area

How does that stack up for people who just want to sit where they used to sit? 

No arrangement yet in place for the first few games which will certainly be BCD

No EFL or Championship agreement yet in place on iFollow streaming arrangements home or away 

No concourse refreshment sales are likely to be allowed 

Guidance needed on other concourse facilities

All summer I've read that not having STs on sale was hampering our ability to use cash and sign players, whilst Luton and Bolton were racing ahead. 

So where's the cashflow problem now, are we paying Gent with Bitcoin? 

Some people on here need to take a step back imo 

• Backroom

Efl have announced that games can be streamed for £10 a game 

Not sure I’ll bother to be honest I can imagine I’ll end up feeling a disconnect this season though if that’s the case 

It's an option I suppose and I might do it for the odd game.

I'd rather just stick sky sports news on for the afternoon, I wonder if the relax in the 3pm blackout means that they will still show the goals as they go in like they did post lockdown last season.

The ‘disconnect’ that Tom mentions is going to be a big problem. 

Talking to the father in law yesterday, who’s been going since the early 60s, he said he’d lost a hell of a lot of interest.

The longer there’s nothing on sale, the longer folk are out of the ground, the more will simply drift away, happy to have their weekends back.

• Like 3

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The ‘disconnect’ that Tom mentions is going to be a big problem. 

Talking to the father in law yesterday, who’s been going since the early 60s, he said he’d lost a hell of a lot of interest.

The longer there’s nothing on sale, the longer folk are out of the ground, the more will simply drift away, happy to have their weekends back.

It may ‘only’ be a tenner but I can’t see me paying it often, the quality of the streams and the lag makes it not an attractive option to me

Will I be back at the end of it? Probably

Will everybody? Maybe not 

Edit - I noticed last season overseas viewers could steam games for £5 or £110 for the season, why is it £10 for UK based viewers when it’s impossible to attend?

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

Just posted by the club. It indicates Rovers will sign up to this. ST's possibly on sale soon?

According to that there is no option to buy away matches which fall on a weekend. That seems strange as they were available in last season's package.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

According to that there is no option to buy away matches which fall on a weekend. That seems strange as they were available in last season's package.

I just presumed you would be able to buy the weekend matches at £10 per game?

Whether you are a ST holder or not.

Edited by MarkBRFC

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Yeah, doesn't make much sense does it? 

What stops an away fan buying a match pass from the home clubs website? Only asking because i've no idea how it works!

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I just presumed you would be able to buy the weekend matches at £10 per game?

Whether you are a ST holder or not.

I didn't read it like that. Whichever way the wording is poor and ambiguous. 

Sky Bet Championship Streaming

Championship Clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10.

The new framework for Season Ticket Holders allows Clubs to have the option to provide streams of:
· All home matches, including those shown live on Sky
· Any midweek away match, including those shown live on Sky
Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What stops an away fan buying a match pass from the home website? Only asking because i've no idea how it works!

Nothing, but it says clubs can't offer Saturday away games as part of any season ticket package. 

But nothing to stop Rovers fans going on the Bournemouth website on 12th September and buying that game as a one off. 

I guess Sky Red Button will be back for all midweek fixtures which is why those away games are available to stream for ST holders. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Championship Clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10.

The new framework for Season Ticket Holders allows Clubs to have the option to provide streams of:
Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package.

Reading it again, it's obviously a way of getting more money out of people by making away fans buy weekend match passes for away games on top of their ST.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

To be honest it seems pretty clear to me.

Away weekend matches can't be offered as part of the season ticket package, but above that it says that any match not shown on Sky can be purchased for £10.

So streaming for all home matches & mid week away matches will be included in your season ticket price, away weekend matches available at £10 per game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What stops an away fan buying a match pass from the home website? Only asking because i've no idea how it works!

I have no idea either but on the face of it it seems strange.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

To be honest it seems pretty clear to me.

Away weekend matches can't be offered as part of the season ticket package, but above that it says that any match not shown on Sky can be purchased for £10.

So streaming for all home matches & mid week away matches will be included in your season ticket price, away weekend matches available at £10 per game.

Is the 'season ticket package' referring to the clubs season ticket or an iFollow season ticket?

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Reading it again, it's obviously a way of getting more money out of people by making away fans buy weekend match passes for away games on top of their ST.  

Which isn't unreasonable. Kind of like having to buy a match ticket if you go to an away match really! 

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Is the 'season ticket package' referring to the clubs season ticket or an iFollow season ticket?

The way I read it is that, the ST package that the club will put on sale, will include streaming of all home games and away midweek games as a temporary measure until it is safe to return to Ewood. (Although under what capacity I don't know)

After that, the streaming option will not be available and the ST would be valid for attending games in person as normal.

The alternative to purchasing a ST, will be to buy individual matches on ifollow for £10 a piece until we're allowed back in.

Could be totally wrong of course it's just how I have interpreted it.

Edited by MarkBRFC