BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The way I read it is that, the ST package that the club will put on sale, will include streaming of all home games and away midweek games as a temporary measure until it is safe to return to Ewood. (Although under what capacity I don't know)

After that, the streaming option will not be available and the ST would be valid for attending games in person as normal.

The alternative to purchasing a ST, will be to buy individual matches on ifollow for £10 a piece until we're allowed back in.

Could be totally wrong of course it's just how I have interpreted it.

Yep, clear as mud ?.

So essentially Rovers have just over three weeks to get season tickets on sale and sold it they want to comply with the EFL statement. If they don't sell them then it's £10 for each individual game but they can't offer weekend away games.

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Clubs don't normally make money from away tickets. Who will keep the money from match passes sold by the away club?

The away club I assume. So if you choose to watch Bournemouth on 12th October then Bournemouth will get your 10 quid. Just like they would get your 20 (or 30) quid if you went to the actual game. 

And as mentioned earlier, I suspect the reason midweek matches are different is because Sky have the rights to show all Championship midweek games live on the red button, and were doing before lockdown. I suspect they will do so again. Don't think it's a ploy to confuse people. 

2 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

The away club I assume. So if you choose to watch Bournemouth on 12th October then Bournemouth will get your 10 quid. Just like they would get your 20 (or 30) quid if you went to the actual game. 

And as mentioned earlier, I suspect the reason midweek matches are different is because Sky have the rights to show all Championship midweek games live on the red button, and were doing before lockdown. I suspect they will do so again. Don't think it's a ploy to confuse people. 

But last seasons BCD Saturday 3 pm kick off away from home were part of the deal to season ticket holders at Rovers (presumably most clubs did the same). I think extenuating circumstances was the reason cited but those circumstances are still relevant for the foreseeable. As somebody mentioned it seems like clubs are looking to capitalise on the situation.

I can see where the clubs are coming from. The home team needs to capitalise on away support for cash flow, so by charging them a reduced rate to watch online it means all parties are happy. It's difficult to see another way around it, otherwise you'll have to accept a loss of 23 home games @ average 1500 fans @ average 20 quid a pop.

That could mean a loss between 650,000 - 1,000,000 for the club. In fact, we'd be hit harder by that as we benefit from large away attendances for certain teams. 

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But last seasons BCD Saturday 3 pm kick off away from home were part of the deal to season ticket holders at Rovers (presumably most clubs did the same). I think extenuating circumstances was the reason cited but those circumstances are still relevant for the foreseeable. As somebody mentioned it seems like clubs are looking to capitalise on the situation.

@Ben Frost is currently consulting with the club before he responds ?

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The BCD at the end of last season was different. ST holders had paid for something that could no longer be delivered to them. Which is why I suppose you were so insistant on asking for a refund at the time rather than accepting the streaming offer. 

A season ticket at Ewood is what it says on the tin. I don't think charging 10 quid to view an away game is any different to buying a match ticket to attend the same game. 

They've not been able to sell any away tickets for 6 months! Charging a tenner for away fans to get the stream doesn't seem like capitalising on the situation to me! It's a commercial necessity to try and get some income. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Not if you buy it on the Rovers website I'd assume. If 50K Rovers fans buy a match day pass for B'mouth then I doubt Waggott will be happy handing that money over! 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Not if you buy it on the Rovers website I'd assume. If 50K Rovers fans buy a match day pass for B'mouth then I doubt Waggott will be happy handing that money over! 

So you think that when the Rovers ticket office sell away match tickets on behalf of ever other league club Rovers get to keep all that money?!! ? ?

1 hour ago, Ben Frost said:

So you think that when the Rovers ticket office sell away match tickets on behalf of ever other league club Rovers get to keep all that money?!! ? ?

No, but we don't know what happens with match day streaming passes. Think on laughing boy, we'll revisit this in the future once we know for definite?

1 hour ago, Madon said:

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2020/august/update-match-protocol-for-returning-fans-and-season-ticket-update/

Come on Rovers, Stanley have done it right here... Get your arses in gear and communicate!

I am hoping that we received some info this week about season tickets and how Rovers will do this. 

After last night problems with watching the game I can't be assed with Ifollow or inplayer anymore. Lets just get back to watching football inside a stadium as safely as we can. 

Not a chance that I'll be paying £10 per game to watch on I Follow. Not when foreign based people were getting gsmes for £5 last season. 

I feel that I am still in credit from last season. If they don't want my money for my season ticket then fine, but it isnt going on I Follow.

• Like 1

Reading that Stanley press release the early stages of this are going to be a shambles.

Some clubs - not sure about Rovers - will sell more STs than they will be allowed to admit into the ground. What happens to ST holder number 771 or 1536? Paid the same but can’t watch and no iFollow?

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Reading that Stanley press release the early stages of this are going to be a shambles.

Some clubs - not sure about Rovers - will sell more STs than they will be allowed to admit into the ground. What happens to ST holder number 771 or 1536? Paid the same but can’t watch and no iFollow?

The way I read it is that iFollow will continue whilst there are restricted numbers in grounds.  If you can't attend then you have the iFollow option.  But I agree, it could well become shambolic in terms of deciding who's allowed in if numbers are severely restricted.  I suspect iFollow will have to stay in place for most of the season if not all of it. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I thought Stanley had said that the first 770 purchasers would get priority. Probably as clear as they can be with something like this. There will inevitably be people not happy either because they can't go to the earlier games or can't sit in their usual seat etc.

Clubs have to do the best they can with what they have and Stanley's approach seems to be sensible.

So it encourages people to get them asap or risk missing out.

These issues are not a reason to simply do and sell nothing like Rovers have opted to do.

This isn't a problem for us as we have the luxury of a 30,000 modern stadium and at best about 8000 season ticket holders. Knock off the staff and player complimentaries and just allow entry to paying season ticket holders and that number drops significantly. Knock off those who won't renew for various reasons and I'd be surprised if we could sell more than 6000.

The discussion as to whether we blame covid 19 for that or inept management of the club is for another day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

It will be tough on some people but I suppose there is no way of avoiding such a scenario assuming that as you say the limited capacity is smaller than the ST base. 

For Rovers surely this wont be a problem.

I think the way that Stanley have done it is as fair as possible and I also like the clarity regarding bubbles, regarding streams and with specific dates.

Sooooo...Stanley have done what Rovers and most other clubs have done  and held back for as long as possible before making any announcements regarding ST sales. This from a club who would have refused to play out the season because of no finances to do so  yet still held back selling something months ago that didn't really exist. No different than Rovers on the selling side then. Yet people here holding up Stanley as a shining light ! 

If some of the posters on here were Stanley fans they d have been after hanging Andy Holt from Accy Town Hall due to his lack of initiative and communication early doors because he hadn't got ST on sale in blinking May!

Rovers damned if they do damned if they don't ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Sooooo...Stanley have done what Rovers and most other clubs have done  and held back for as long as possible before making any announcements regarding ST sales. This from a club who would have refused to play out the season because of no finances to do so  yet still held back selling something months ago that didn't really exist. No different than Rovers on the selling side then. Yet people here holding up Stanley as a shining light ! 

If some of the posters on here were Stanley fans they d have been after hanging Andy Holt from Accy Town Hall due to his lack of initiative and communication early doors because he hadn't got ST on sale in blinking May!

Rovers damned if they do damned if they don't ..

I think Andy Holt and his off pitch team at Accy have plenty of trust and credit in the bank with their supporters, so if the posters on here were Accy supporters I am sure there would be a lot less criticism . 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2