Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Genuine question - what are other clubs doing that Rovers aren't? I don't pay as much attention as I used to and Covid/no fans has killed my interest in the wider game so I don't know what other clubs are up to. 

Using nobend as an example. Their most recent update of presumably others. They’re engaging with their fans saying what the challenges are that they face, why they reached certain decisions, acknowledging shortcomings and generally giving fans info.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/club-update-season-ticket-policy/

For our regal owners and the stooges they appoint there’s been a tumbleweed bouncing down the road. To me it comes across like the rovers hierarchy either haven’t considered anything and if they have they certainly don’t need to share it with the peasants. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Using nobend as an example. Their most recent update of presumably others. They’re engaging with their fans saying what the challenges are that they face, why they reached certain decisions, acknowledging shortcomings and generally giving fans info.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/club-update-season-ticket-policy/

For our regal owners and the stooges they appoint there’s been a tumbleweed bouncing down the road. To me it comes across like the rovers hierarchy either haven’t considered anything and if they have they certainly don’t need to share it with the peasants. 

And a lot of those fans are not happy with the announcement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Using nobend as an example. Their most recent update of presumably others. They’re engaging with their fans saying what the challenges are that they face, why they reached certain decisions, acknowledging shortcomings and generally giving fans info.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/august/club-update-season-ticket-policy/

For our regal owners and the stooges they appoint there’s been a tumbleweed bouncing down the road. To me it comes across like the rovers hierarchy either haven’t considered anything and if they have they certainly don’t need to share it with the peasants. 

Thanks. From the article:-

"The 6,500 capacity will bring in approximately £1 million of income towards overheads of over £18 million pounds per annum. With a further contribution of £7 million from TV/EFL monies this still leaves millions of pounds to be found by our owner. This year his contribution will exceed £10 million pounds. Without his continued support there will be no football club"

Scary times for almost every club outside the Prem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rigger said:

And a lot of those fans are not happy with the announcement.

Maybe so. Can’t please everyone particularly in unprecedented times but they are at least kept in the loop and they’re doing something. I just don’t know what if anything Rovers have been doing for the last few months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Thanks. From the article:-

"The 6,500 capacity will bring in approximately £1 million of income towards overheads of over £18 million pounds per annum. With a further contribution of £7 million from TV/EFL monies this still leaves millions of pounds to be found by our owner. This year his contribution will exceed £10 million pounds. Without his continued support there will be no football club"

Scary times for almost every club outside the Prem.

Well quite. Particularly for one in £180 million worth of debt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PNE should be saying to their players, "We'll pay you 20 quid a week. If it was good enough for Finney it's good enough for you".?

OK.Allowing for inflation that converts to £1500 per week.

Edited by bazza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

On the contrary for those who have been until now receiving furlough money and unable to go out or go on holiday they might have had spare cash to part with.

 

People on furlough have less money than a full wage ..people  have lost money on holidays and struggling to get insurance pay up or waiting forever for  ryanair to cough up..you need to wake up we do not live in a affluent area

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Athlete said:

People on furlough have less money than a full wage ..people  have lost money on holidays and struggling to get insurance pay up or waiting forever for  ryanair to cough up..you need to wake up we do not live in a affluent area

Your logic makes no sense. There may be less people in a position to be able to afford a season ticket. But there are still people both able and willing to do so. So surely it is worth selling to them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Athlete said:

People on furlough have less money than a full wage ..people  have lost money on holidays and struggling to get insurance pay up or waiting forever for  ryanair to cough up..you need to wake up we do not live in a affluent area

And how does this explain 7000+ signing up for 4th division Bolton which was my original point? Is Blackburn some island of deprivation or are we just looking for excuses not to do what most other clubs are doing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Your logic makes no sense. There may be less people in a position to be able to afford a season ticket. But there are still people both able and willing to do so. So surely it is worth selling to them? 

At the moment Rovers arent selling any the club shop is still closed etc etc..now when they do go on sale anyone purchasing a season ticket must realise they may well be purchasing something which may not exist or could be kiboshed at any time ..as for ifollow anyone happy with that really is easily pleased .

I personally think Rovers are doing the sensible thing so far and hopefully awaiting a green light for the safe return of fans in hopefully the near future

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Athlete said:

At the moment Rovers arent selling any the club shop is still closed etc etc..now when they do go on sale anyone purchasing a season ticket must realise they may well be purchasing something which may not exist or could be kiboshed at any time ..as for ifollow anyone happy with that really is easily pleased .

I personally think Rovers are doing the sensible thing so far and hopefully awaiting a green light for the safe return of fans in hopefully the near future

 

 

 

I know but I would and many others would understand that there is an element of jeopardy.

Even if this was a calculated plan, how can you justify a total silence from the club?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

And how does this explain 7000+ signing up for 4th division Bolton which was my original point? Is Blackburn some island of deprivation or are we just looking for excuses not to do what most other clubs are doing?

Bolton fans seem to be rallying around their new owners and pledging to their club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know but I would and many others would understand that there is an element of jeopardy.

Even if this was a calculated plan, how can you justify a total silence from the club?

Im not justifying silence from the club for me Waggott needs to earn some his massive wage and speak out his and the clubs plans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the response I got when I contacted the club

 

Good Afternoon Pete

 

We are still waiting for confirmation on what percentage of fans will be allowed back in to the ground and are working on plans for social distancing etc.

We will be emailing all our current season ticket holders in the next week or so with all the relevant information and season ticket prices.

 

Kind Regards

Sharon

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

This is the response I got when I contacted the club

 

Good Afternoon Pete

 

We are still waiting for confirmation on what percentage of fans will be allowed back in to the ground and are working on plans for social distancing etc.

We will be emailing all our current season ticket holders in the next week or so with all the relevant information and season ticket prices.

 

Kind Regards

Sharon

 

 

Interesting they refer to 'current season ticket holders'. As of 18th July 2020 and the conclusion of the Reading match the club has had 0 season ticket holders. We are all ex season ticket holders. 

Presumably the club will be emailing those who held season tickets last year but they ought to be doing this for every ex season ticket holder not just those who had them last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting they refer to 'current season ticket holders'. As of 18th July 2020 and the conclusion of the Reading match the club has had 0 season ticket holders. We are all ex season ticket holders. 

Presumably the club will be emailing those who held season tickets last year but they ought to be doing this for every ex season ticket holder not just those who had them last season.

Think everyone knows what she means, better saying ‘current’ than ex, because if they do manage to sell similar to last season, they will be up to their limit with the restrictions, heard that they have to leave 20% for walk on’s as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, JHRover said:

On the contrary for those who have been until now receiving furlough money and unable to go out or go on holiday they might have had spare cash to part with.

Now moving forward redundancies may well increase and foreign travel starts to open up more people will have less money or other things to spend it on.

7000 Bolton fans seem happy enough to do it. They can all read the small print.

Lucky for Bolton they now have a couple of million in the bank and haven't had to do very much to earn it.

Thats if 7000 season tickets holders have paid full the amount up front. 

As im sure most fans for piece of mind this season would maybe sign up for Direct Debit on the presumption if the season doesnt go as planned "Fan wise" they can simply stop payments. Factor in how many tickets are possibly Kids Students and OAP tickets too ..Bolton will not be sitting with 2 million in the bank today   ..(presuming they re putting it in a bank ..one never knows in this day and age !) .

I do agree though that its about time Rovers at least started giving us some figures on price and actual attendee figures they think will be allowed in to watch games live . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You’d think they would suspend any rule on walk-on ticket allocations this season, as with STs only you’d then know exactly what your maximum person flow will be for entering/exiting, concourses, toilets etc.

But this is the EFL we are talking about...

C’mon Matt. You’re talking the club out of a £30 walk-on surcharge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.