Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

1 minute ago, geedog13 said:

Ok ok let's look at this a min,

capacity 31,367

Minus 70% to leave 30% between the 20 to 40 the government will allow is 9,410

With an average price at around £450 from jack walker to riverside 

Thats £4,234,500 

Just putting it out there and if I ever win big on the lottery ever st holder will get it paid for by me...... FACT 

2 hours ago, Don Said said:

Price rise.

Big mistake. As naive a model as the season following promotion.

Waggot, you are giving people a big, reasonable excuse not to go. 

A little bump up to you is a big deal to many. Financially for some, morally for others, perception wise to most. Either way, just like a daft tug on a shirt in the penalty area, you’re giving the ref a decision to make.

Might make sense short term but this will be another harmful move long term.

Reconsider ASAP.

He seems to operate on the principal the less turn up the more he can squeeze them.

Him and Mowbrays football have already shrunk the hardcore before covid.

Another clueless suit bleeding thousands out of the club.

• Like 1

The club will get a false sense of security as the social media channels will be ablaze with ‘Get behind the club’ ‘I’ll be renewing 10 tickets as soon as they are on sale’ ‘do you want a club in 12 months? Look at Bury!’

But as always, a sizeable minority will do what they’ve always done in the past, be it 1960, the mid noughties when prices began to spiral or 2012... just quietly walk away.

• Like 9

Unbelievable reaction on here.....largely negative.

I would beg you to do 2 things: look at the PNE prices and ours are not going to be anywhere near their prices and do the Maths on income vs expenditure.

We all want the same thing and slowly we are getting close to having a Premier League ready side.

Lets try and be 'supporters' rather than key-board negatives.

• Like 3

I’ll be buying one, but I can still think that the club are making a mistake and will lose a hefty percentage of ST holders - and saying so on an internet message board doesn’t make me any less of a ‘supporter’, indeed it is because I and others are such passionate supporters that we say it.

• Like 3

Just now, mhead said:

I would beg you to do 2 things: look at the PNE prices and ours are not going to be anywhere near their prices and do the Maths on income vs expenditure.

We all want the same thing and slowly we are getting close to having a Premier League ready side.

It's a shame that the clubs don't treat us a supporters but rather as customers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mhead said:

That last sentence ultimately shows that the sole purpose of your message is to provoke.

But can a supporter not hold negative opinions about price hikes, lack of communication until 9 days before the season, and a marketing campaign built on guilt tripping? Should a supporters financial situation and the affordability and value of season tickets not come into the equation regarding their thoughts on season ticket prices? Surely there should be no debate and discussion at all in this thread, it should be everyone in unison thinking "the price is good because im a positive supporters."

We arent Preston. If I was a Preston fan though, when they put their price up to what it is now, id have been fuming.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mhead said:

It’s not as simple as comparing us to PNE or anyone else John. We’ve been pretty uniquely messed around by our owners for years, and it’s resulted in plummeting attendances and a lost generation of supporters.

The club need to be coming up with radical ways to re-engage with the disenfranchised and attract new fans. Price hikes, however modest, are never going to do this. And while the current climate is certainly impacting the clubs finances, it will be impacting the day to day finances of people already living in an economically deprived area, that just so happens to be about the worsting hit place by the pandemic in the country, even more.

• Like 2

And as I said up the page, it isn’t the ‘negative’ ‘moaners’ on brfcs that will largely walk away, but the quiet ones that don’t spend their days obsessing over all things Rovers like us sad buggers or like those on the flip side blowing smoke up the club’s arse on Facebook and Twitter , it’ll be those that will be getting out the habit, see the pricing and just think ‘nah’.

As a long term supporter mhead, indeed someone running the Rovers Trust no less, you seem surprisingly naive of how our fanbase behaves. You should know that’s exactly how it works with Rovers fans as we’ve seen it time and again. Money is kept in the pocket at renewal time, though some talk about ‘picking my games’ and not seen at Ewood again...

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, mhead said:

Most on here will probably buy one so they entitled to moan about it or give their reasons if they aren't.

Preston although their overall fanbase is smaller is a bigger probably more affluent place. End of the day similar hard core support but there's been far less negativity attached to that club over the last 10 years. They aren't subsidized by billionaires either and that plays a part in a lot of Rovers fans mindsets.

Vs do as they please because they can cover their mistakes, that doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mhead said:

Why is it 'unbelievable' to be disappointed, upset or disagree with yes another price rise (3rd summer running) when we are in the midst of a pandemic and recession? I'd say a price rise is almost unbelievable in this climate all things considered. The reaction on here is to be expected.

What is unbelievable is that Waggott would go in the Telegraph in May and indicate that loyal fans would be looked after with a discount and then 4 months later perform a complete u turn and actually put prices up.

What is unbelievable is that this man or someone else upstairs at Ewood will take home £300,000 for the year for making this decision, whilst a 10% salary cut would probably cover the money gained 

What is unbelievable is the club and some fans playing the poverty card when the manager dishes out contracts like confetti to players he won't use.

Remember Gladwin, Hart, Smallwood, Leutwiler and Samuel? We are now being asked to pay for those contracts. Happy with that?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

The venkys will not go bust Over 5000 people buying tickets 

Agreed.

We keep being told that without Venkys this club would fold. Without a new owner that is certainly true.

We are also told that Venkys will continue to fund the club (for reasons they keep to themselves).

But this means that the fans money isn’t important. Every £1 put in by fans is simply £1 less that Venkys have to. It doesn’t keep the club going, or the lights on, or the pitch and stadium/grounds in good nick (instead of the appalling condition it has been allowed to get into). It goes into the pockets of the very people who tell us to ‘be committed’ and ‘stick together’ by virtue of the out-of-step wages they draw. His barb about the ‘competitive’ ticket pricing is, in my view, a little cheeky nod to him being paid a ‘competitive’ salary. The reality is there is a price point for clubs in deprived areas and that is why, one-by-one, they are going to the wall or relegated or both. Thanks to people who don’t care about the town or it’s people unless it’s to spend money.

We are being extorted so that the gravy train can roll on.

Price hikes at this moment in time are a kick in the teeth for fans who have, in Waggott’s own words, been loyal. This is how that loyalty is repaid.

It completely fits the modus operandi of every off-field decision at the club since Waggott arrived. Spend peanuts and get as much money as you can out of the most loyal fans. Why? Because the most loyal fans will allow them to, and will turn on any fans who won’t as not being loyal (at least not as loyal as they are).

I’m very concerned that this club may well die on Waggott’s watch and leave us all with nothing but intra-fan resentment. We need an board who can build a strong relationship with fans and who work with them. This doesn’t need money, it needs the right attitude and some hard work. After sticking it out through the 10 years of Venkys misrule I now feel like an emotionally-blackmailed benefactor rather than a valued supporter.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, geedog13 said:

capacity 31,367

Thats £4,234,500 

I will be surprised if we get a crowd of 9410

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

I will be surprised if we get a crowd of 9410

4910 is more likely i'd say but waggo would probably be happy with that if he could charge them double. Cost cutting on the ground is the in thing at easy Ewood and of course the trump card is blame the lack of fans when push comes to shove.

Still at least a bit of footfall will trample a few weeds down.

• Like 2

I can understand Fans disappointed that there may be an increase.

But in 2019/20 the cheapest Liverpool Tickets were £685 in the Kop (not the wealthiest City or End) AND Bolton Season Tickets are currently £275 in the lowest bracket for a few more days before they go up to £299 on Sunday.

Where would you pitch it? Surely we can sell more than Wanderers.

• Like 1

Are the prices pro-rata considering we’ll not be in Ewood for 23 games?

I’ll presume not. 

Of course we should sell more than a 4th division club, but if our tickets are pushing £400 in the Blackburn End and pushing £500 in the Jack Walker Upper (they were £450 last season), we won’t match Bolton’s numbers.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mhead said:

But in 2019/20 the cheapest Liverpool Tickets were £685 in the Kop (not the wealthiest City or End) AND Bolton Season Tickets are currently £275 in the lowest bracket for a few more days before they go up to £299 on Sunday.

Liverpool's season tickets were to watch the European Champions and they are one of the biggest supported clubs in the world. So I'm not sure that their season ticket prices bare any relevance to watching Tony Mowbray's 2nd tier mid table plodders in a half empty stadium.

I would pitch it as affordable. Riverside stand £250, Blackburn End & Jack Walker Lower £300 and Jack Walker Upper £350. Bolton have already sold over 7000 season tickets, I can't see us selling more than that. 5000 to 7000 maximum is what I reckon we will sell.

I personally was undecided on getting a season ticket this season although it must be said I was swaying more towards not getting one and knowing that the price is going to be hiked up again it has made my mind up that I definitely will not be getting one. 

• Like 1

IMO, Waggott and Mowbray can feck off.

When they rip up their contracts  and work for significantly less money demonstrating 'we are in it together' then I might take a bit more notice.

IMO, vacuous incompetents.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, mhead said:

The product (match experience) which we are paying for is severely diluted from that which we normally experience. Plus the number of games that can actually be attended is reduced. And if there are any further outbreaks or problems you will also be forced to miss more games. Under those circumstances, many people would be doubting whether to get a season ticket regardless of the price.

Do you think that is the ideal scenario for the clubs to be raising season ticket prices? 

"There's no walk-ons this season Steve. How we going to claim the Waggot Tax"

"Hmmm. Let's try a loyalty tax.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, geedog13 said:

capacity 31,367

Thats £4,234,500 

Even if we sell 9,000 it won’t produce anything like £4m. More like half that when you factor in children, young adult and senior discounts.

• Like 1