BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I am comparing!

Brentford are in London, we're not which makes the entire comparison virtually meaningless.

As a secondary factor the facilities in the Riverside are antiquated by modern standards which is why its considerably cheaper than the rest of the ground.

Haven't seen Preston's or Wycombe's prices but if they're more than us that doesn't mean to say we've got it right, more that both Clubs have got it wrong in Preston's case and in the case of Wycombe you again have to take into account disposable income down there.

Know what you mean, but think we should wait till next week, find out the prices then make a judgement. Personally I’d like us to use the Huddersfield model, think every stand £259. 

• Like 1

You'd be forgiven for thinking he's just worried about covering his own wages and justification. 

I was pleased when they got in a proper experienced CEO and of course he made all the right noises that the likes of Shaw, Shebby never did. Can't remember of the cuff when he first started and the present situation can't be helped but since he's been here more of the ground has been shut, the number of STs and hardcore attenders has shrunk. We've also spewed 12 million in the wrong areas of the team with very little return and the ground looks like nobody uses it from the outside. 

Add in two price rises for the most loyal section of customers and a Waggot tax for the casuals then it's not adding up to a great resume so far !

I now think apart from some admim duties what's the point in him ?

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

Know what you mean, but think we should wait till next week, find out the prices then make a judgement. Personally I’d like us to use the Huddersfield model, think every stand £259. 

That was the way to go a few years ago, perfect for a club like us. Get them back, get them in then you can work on keeping them and maybe even squeezing them a bit.

Price rises around here in this climate and situation will only ensure less newbies and less renewals then once the gates drop to 80's levels regularly it's damn near impossible to get them back.  A wise man learns from history and it doesn't look like he's got to grips with ours. He's running it like one in a city of 500k or a densely populated London borough.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I’m certainly not on £300,000 a year like our ceo so certainly not qualified to think on his level. But perhaps when social distancing ends what about if we sold season tickets for £100-150. Even as a Rovers pessimist id hope we’d double current numbers. So 10-15,000 season tickets. More folk inside the ground. More people spending money at the concession stands. Perhaps the extra atmosphere might create a bit of a buzz around the place and encourage more walk ons who normally wouldn’t go for a morgue like atmosphere.

The logic being 15,000 fans paying £150 is better than 10,000 paying £200 or 5,000 paying £400.

Nah let’s just rinse what dwindling core fans we have left. Expect them to thank us for it.

Edited by matt83

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The proof will be in the pudding. You see no issues, Facebook sees no issues.

So presumably we’ll be selling plenty, certainly outselling a local fourth division outfit that are at 7k already.

If we don’t get close, why Unsall?

Didn’t say no issues, just throwing in other clubs prices but everyone has an excuse.

Re Bolton prices between £216 and £ 299 like you say 4th division, if they sell more must be better fans?? Think the main reason is, they are so thankful the club didn’t go the same way as Bury, and sound decent owners, certainly compared to what they had.

Like I’ve said I’ll see what the prices are and make a judgment, mind you I’ll still get one regardless. Can only afford Riverside though ?

28 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m certainly not on £300,000 a year like our ceo so certainly not qualified to think on his level. But perhaps when social distancing ends what about if we sold season tickets for £100-150. Even as a Rovers pessimist id hope we’d double current numbers. So 10-15,000 season tickets. More folk inside the ground. More people spending money at the concession stands. Perhaps the extra atmosphere might create a bit of a buzz around the place and encourage more walk ons who normally wouldn’t go for a morgue like atmosphere.

The logic being 15,000 fans paying £150 is better than 10,000 paying £200 or 5,000 paying £400.

Nah let’s just rinse what dwindling core fans we have left. Expect them to thank us for it.

Matt i do agree with you ..but this proposal gets thrown up nearly every summer.

There are so many other factors now that Rovers (all football) have to contend with. Its not the cheap season ticket secures all. Granted it should secure more fans especially in this uncertain time for quite a lot of people but not that many new ST holders but more regular ST holders this season. 

Last twenty years the influence of Sky ( i know ..done to death ) ..the lack of 3pm games ..decent Boxing Day derbies ..pubs open all hours ..a massive influence ..people quite happy to spend a Saturday affy in November in a boozer watching Jeff and his ..er girls possibly watching the scores as they happen. In the olden days pubs shut at 3pm on Saturdays so a perfect excuse to go the footie ..home tea.. ready for them to open at 7pm .

Get success ie promotion that changes things ... but even PL football doesnt guarantee you full houses ..again because of all the outside factors that the modern day chucks up ..look at Burnley ..cant sell out 23000 ? 

Price plays a part but too many outside influences im  afraid.

• Like 1

Another one is needlessly shifting the most attractive fixtures to awkward and unpopular kick off times just to make life more comfortable for a small number of people. People get fed up with it especially when the club lies about it and claims the police force it.

Thankfully that one was ditched.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Another one is needlessly shifting the most attractive fixtures to awkward and unpopular kick off times just to make life more comfortable for a small number of people. People get fed up with it especially when the club lies about it and claims the police force it.

Thankfully that one was ditched.

Yep all adds up JH . Again Boxing Day / NY Day fixtures are so out of sync you sometimes have to think whos doing these fixtures ? Some clubs dont even have games on Boxing Day /NY Day .. too many outside influences ...although Sky is the predominant factor. Yet "football" is supposed to entice fans back in ..not a chance.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, unsall said:

Re Bolton prices between £216 and £ 299 like you say 4th division, if they sell more must be better fans?? 

Like I’ve said I’ll see what the prices are and make a judgment, mind you I’ll still get one regardless. Can only afford Riverside though ?

£275 to £350 at Bolton

41 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Talking to some lads at work today who are Stoke season ticket holders and they pointed me in the direction of this, and there plans for next season.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-season-ticket-streams-4490827

Sounds like a good idea. Fair and gives everyone a chance to watch games.

The bit missing would be an iFollow deal to watch the remaining games.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Championship games get moved for TV.

All of these schemes at other clubs seem to have a theme - they are trying to put supporters at the forefront of their thinking. At Rovers, it’s all about money.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sounds like a good idea. Fair and gives everyone a chance to watch games.

The bit missing would be an iFollow deal to watch the remaining games.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Championship games get moved for TV.

All of these schemes at other clubs seem to have a theme - they are trying to put supporters at the forefront of their thinking. At Rovers, it’s all about money.

It's actually on there, it's another £50 on whatever there half season ticket is for the remaining home games on ifollow, plus all midweek away games.

We wouldn't even need anything like that though, as supply wont outstrip demand.

• Like 1

Stoke ST outline plan of 11 games with priority for current ST holders plus streaming for 11 home games not covered in plan, plus away mid-week streaming is a good start. They don't sound like they're penny pinching but starting to help fill seats in a fair/reasonable/business way. Allowing priority to current ST holders and the fact that supporters know which limited games they could go to is a good marketing tool but our ST figures are too low for this to work for us?

We all know no where is safe but its the level of risk as individuals we take. Not easy for any club. Stoke have put this head/heart decision out to their fans

Don't know how many STs would be allowed at Ewood but assuming upper tiers at BBE & DE are closed, would (say) a maximum of 6k into a 23k capacity be acceptable?? The word "test" for the first game is used a lot but how do they review a result. 300 who attended a charity football match near Sunderland have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days after 28 who attended tested positive.   

• Like 1

Obviously communication and lack of replica shirts is terrible.

But it is extremely reasonable of the club not to offer to sell something (a season ticket) for something which doesn't exist.

It is quite possible the entire season will be played behind closed doors.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Stoke ST outline plan of 11 games with priority for current ST holders plus streaming for 11 home games not covered in plan, plus away mid-week streaming is a good start. They don't sound like they're penny pinching but starting to help fill seats in a fair/reasonable/business way. Allowing priority to current ST holders and the fact that supporters know which limited games they could go to is a good marketing tool but our ST figures are too low for this to work for us?

We all know no where is safe but its the level of risk as individuals we take. Not easy for any club. Stoke have put this head/heart decision out to their fans

Don't know how many STs would be allowed at Ewood but assuming upper tiers at BBE & DE are closed, would (say) a maximum of 6k into a 23k capacity be acceptable?? The word "test" for the first game is used a lot but how do they review a result. 300 who attended a charity football match near Sunderland have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days after 28 who attended tested positive.   

That's a worry for any working person. 

Massive inconvenience.

Is it really worth the risk. 

3 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Have to admit I'm not that fussed about being a guinea pig for the trial run, but how will they determine who can go to that game? First x amount of ST holders who buy presuming they go on sale next week? ST holders who only live within x miles of Ewood?

I'm really considering what to do this year with a season ticket, with all the uncertainty, what the matchday experience will be like, the price rise etc.

Be interesting to see how this trial goes if it happens. 

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Have to admit I'm not that fussed about being a guinea pig for the trial run, but how will they determine who can go to that game? First x amount of ST holders who buy presuming they go on sale next week? ST holders who only live within x miles of Ewood?

I'm really considering what to do this year with a season ticket, with all the uncertainty, what the matchday experience will be like, the price rise etc.

Be interesting to see how this trial goes if it happens. 

Why don't they just put them on sale now and allow entry for Wycombe to the first 5000 who buy them before the 19th September.

Seems fair to me. We probably won't sell that many by then anyways so don't need to worry. Just let anyone in.

Only problem is that with the club shop closed those who don't have Internet access might struggle to renew. Doubt Rovers will be bothered about that though.