BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No JW Upper (corporates aside)?

If we thought shutting the Blackburn End Upper and DE caused a stink - the JW Upper has thousands of long standing ST holders, with months out of the ground, folk getting out of the habit, plenty of them older supporters, now having to move seats, rightly or wrongly I imagine plenty will take a look at their options in the JW lower or Riverside - and think ‘nah!’

Sat in JW Upper since built.

Waggott can feck off if he thinks I'd even contemplate sitting anywhere else.

I think Waggott is an incompetent imbecile who is way out of his depth as CEO of Rovers.

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No JW Upper (corporates aside)?

If we thought shutting the Blackburn End Upper and DE caused a stink - the JW Upper has thousands of long standing ST holders, with months out of the ground, folk getting out of the habit, plenty of them older supporters, now having to move seats, rightly or wrongly I imagine plenty will take a look at their options in the JW lower or Riverside - and think ‘nah!’

Looks like I’m moving then!

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I'm not too precious about my own seat or even sitting in the JW Upper as we have for some years but what really irritates me is that the whole stand is being given over to the prawn sandwich brigade many of whom only go to a few games as guests. Also a lot of them don't even enter the ground but prefer to stay drinking in the lounges. But as they pay more then they are treated better than us ordinary fans. And Waggott and his cohorts will still get their free admission to the best seats in the house.

Easier to ‘monetise’ or whatever other BS terminology he’s learnt on his MBA this month...

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm not too precious about my own seat or even sitting in the JW Upper as we have for some years but what really irritates me is that the whole stand is being given over to the prawn sandwich brigade many of whom only go to a few games as guests. Also a lot of them don't even enter the ground but prefer to stay drinking in the lounges. But as they pay more then they are treated better than us ordinary fans. And Waggott and his cohorts will still get their free admission to the best seats in the house.

Yep. Sums it up. Presumably the hospitality folk will have no issues gaining admittance for the pilot fixture whilst us plebs have to enter a ballot to decide who gets to go.

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'll be honest, I've sat in the Jack Walker upper since it was built and in the Nuttall Street Stand before that.  I would happily sit anywhere in the JW upper but I will not buy a season ticket to sit behind the goals in the Blackburn End.  As you know, we often have to do that at away games and I really don't enjoy watching football from that viewpoint.  I had every intention of buying a season ticket even though I thought I would probably not go to many games because of the virus.  However, now that I know I'm going to be kicked out of the JW upper to allow corporate to have that area I doubt if I'll bother renewing.

What about the JW lower?

Like I said in my earlier post, I think unfortunately a lot of long standing fans will feel the same as this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What about the JW lower?

Like I said in my earlier post, I think unfortunately a lot of long standing fans will feel the same as this.

Are they doing away with the family stand? Because if not you need to buy a child ticket to be able to sit in half of the JW lower. The other half is already well populated with ST holders (me and my mates among them), the empty seats are down nearer the DE and corner flag. 

I'd like to know what the clubs intentions are here because currently most seats in the Jw lower are taken by ST holders. Some will need to move elsewhere. They can't surely be planning on turfing people out of there but then moving others from elsewhere in.

I'd also like to know why as a paid up 1875 club member I will have to enter a ballot on level pegging with non members and on a lower pegging than hospitality people.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

I'll be honest, I've sat in the Jack Walker upper since it was built and in the Nuttall Street Stand before that.  I would happily sit anywhere in the JW upper but I will not buy a season ticket to sit behind the goals in the Blackburn End.  As you know, we often have to do that at away games and I really don't enjoy watching football from that viewpoint.  I had every intention of buying a season ticket even though I thought I would probably not go to many games because of the virus.  However, now that I know I'm going to be kicked out of the JW upper to allow corporate to have that area I doubt if I'll bother renewing.

Totally in agreement with you.

Based upon my experience and knowledge of fans who sit there, think there will be many in JW Upper who feel the same.

I thinks it's crass management which will alienate hundreds of fans at a minimum and when fans like yourself feel that way then the alarm bells at Ewood should well and truly be screeching.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yep. Sums it up. Presumably the hospitality folk will have no issues gaining admittance for the pilot fixture whilst us plebs have to enter a ballot to decide who gets to go.

The ballot is only for the trial match to see how it works to see if we can go back the st will be on sale lower tiers first then once sold out uppers next if demand for them 

50 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

The ballot is only for the trial match to see how it works to see if we can go back the st will be on sale lower tiers first then once sold out uppers next if demand for them 

I don’t think a trial match will go ahead so no ballot. I don’t think we will sell out lower tiers even if we used the cardboard cut-outs.

36 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'll be honest arbitro, I've tried to support the club on here throughout this difficult period and tried to understand the problems the club is facing.  But they really do make it difficult.  If they had said we are keeping the JW Upper closed because of costs or the difficulties in making it Covid secure I could understand that and accept that.  But to throw out long time season ticket holders - many like myself who are senior citizens shall we say - in favour of the corporate brigade is, quite frankly, nothing short of disgraceful.  The JW Upper is one of the larger seated areas, it's an area where older fans may well have felt more secure in terms of social distancing but instead lets bunch everyone together in the lower tier as it will look better on TV.

As you say, when we are both at Swansea or Cardiff on a cold wet Wednesday night, where are the corporate mob at that point? 

I know that Covid is making life difficult for every one of us and every business is facing difficult decisions but the Rovers seem unable to grasp that looking after an ever decreasing supporter base is going to be vital, not just this season but in the years to come.  Covid-19 could easily become Mr. Waggott's 1960 Cup Final fiasco!  

I don't think they need anywhere near the full JW upper for corporate. I think they are overestimating demand here.

They should have halved the stand, with corporate going into one half and X amount of season tickets available in the other on a first come first served basis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

When a supporter like you makes a statement like that you know that the club has gone too far.

This will be kicking the hardcore in the nuts.

In another point, Waggott has said “ticket prices are ready”. I’m assuming this price will be reduced pro rata for every game missed but I’m certainly not convinced.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

When a supporter like you makes a statement like that you know that the club has gone too far.

This will be kicking the hardcore in the nuts.

In another point, Waggott has said “ticket prices are ready”. I’m assuming this price will be reduced pro rata for every game missed but I’m certainly not convinced.

You have used a word that doesn’t appear in Swags vocabulary. Reduced.