Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

V12 take the risk, ie Rovers get all the money up front and if someone stops paying the installments it's V12 who lose out. 

The Premium Credit back up option last year was offered after V12 were rejecting people but was done on the basis of Rovers taking on the risk. I can't see that being offered in these circumstances.

I'm not sure how V12 assess people because my credit score is far from ideal yet over the last couple of years they've financed me a new washing machine, a new laptop and last years ST ?‍♂️ 

Likewise, I fully expected to be rejected last year tbh, but, having never missed a payment & nothing in my circumstances changing (other than taking the 3mth mortgage holiday offered) didn't expect a problem. 

I didn't know about how it worked last year & maybe should've read a little more into it, but hey, you live & learn. It's not like I can spend it down the pub now anyway! ?

Many thanks to you & @RevidgeBlue for your frank & honest replies. Much appreciated! ?.

Edited by windymiller7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From memory, this happened last season to a lot of people (myself included) with the finance Company used back then (I thought it was a different one) and the "solution" back then was that you had to go through the rigmarole of being turned down before then applying with Premium Credit who seem to accept anyone with a pulse.

Not sure if the Premium Credit fall back is available this season but either way it's hardly ideal and a further deterrent to renewing.

Happened to me also last season , but I wasn't told about the alternative option.  I had to borrow cash from a family member.  That issue, the flat refusal to refund pro-rata costs for BCD games, and this season's pricing policy must be preying heavily on Mr Waggott's mind.  Therefore, I've decided to help him with what must be an incredibly increasing burden of guilt, by not renewing.

My first season ticket was with my first pay packet as a 16 year old in 1976.  All these years later Swaggott has finally managed to achieve what my missus has failed to do in 40 years - driven me away!!!!

Radio Lancs commentary from now on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With these pro rata refunds my prediction for next season is another price hike to cover the costs. Waggott won’t be able to sleep knowing people will get anything at a discounted rate even having lost out this season. Drive away even more of the ever dwindling fan base.

I hope one day Waggott has an honest appraisal of the situation and after he resists his instinctive urge to blame the fans for not lapping up the tripe he serves ask himself why people aren’t coming in. Then what can be done.

And whilst I’m not on £300,000 therefore totally unqualified I’ll give him 2 ways to get fans in. 1 a successful side (not easy and clearly not going that route with Tonebola). 2 very cheap tickets. (Fairly easy to implement but happy doing that either).

A 3rd way would be to generate good will and unconditional loyalty to the club where regardless of results, entertainment or price people turn up regardless. Over the last decade no attempts have been made to win back the lost fans and if anything driving more away.

We’re a total shit show largely of our own creation. Very sad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shit news. Surely with very limited crowds, a gradual process, plenty of procedures in place, all socially distanced and of course pilot events, there is no need to pause things.

We cant wait for a vaccine which may never come and even if it does wont totally eridicate the virus. Depressing update.

Football games are played before 10 o clock and the curfew doesnt come out until after then anyway.

Screenshot_20200921-232027_Twitter.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant wait for a vaccine which may never come 

We are going have to sadly. Can we really afford not to? 

Its shit not being allowed back in but that's the rules. Schools and their education are more important for me. 

It's looking promising that a vaccine will be here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are going have to sadly. Can we really afford not to? 

Its shit not being allowed back in but that's the rules. Schools and their education are more important for me. 

It's looking promising that a vaccine will be here. 

I disagree. Not to get too much into a covid debate as I am totally fed up with it but the deaths/hospitalisations are so low relative to what they were and the collateral damage ecnonomically, job loss, mental health etc is huge. And most importantly, the process would be gradual, and it would be based on strict procedures regarding limited capacities and social distancing to minimise the risk.

Even if a vaccine came it will take a long while it wouldnt totally eridicate the virus as not every single person would have it.

Totally fed up with it all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I disagree. Not to get too much into a covid debate as I am totally fed up with it but the deaths/hospitalisations are so low relative to what they were and the collateral damage ecnonomically, job loss, mental health etc is huge. And most importantly, the process would be gradual, and it would be based on strict procedures regarding limited capacities and social distancing to minimise the risk.

Even if a vaccine came it will take a long while it wouldnt totally eridicate the virus as not every single person would have it.

Totally fed up with it all. 

Think most people are fed up with it all but rules are rules. This is something most people have never had to do before. 

People are losing their jobs and I will be one of these this week from the looks of it. 

We were deaths and infections to remain low and not spiked like March and April time. 

Vaccine solved this issue. People have they own choices about having a vaccine. I would have it tomorrow if it allow me and my family back to a normal way of life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think most people are fed up with it all but rules are rules. This is something most people have never had to do before. 

People are losing their jobs and I will be one of these this week from the looks of it. 

We were deaths and infections to remain low and not spiked like March and April time. 

Vaccine solved this issue. People have they own choices about having a vaccine. I would have it tomorrow if it allow me and my family back to a normal way of life. 

Very sorry to hear that you are going to lose your job. My personal opinion is that many others will due to unnecessarily draconian measures all things considered. I am not suggesting pretending that it doesnt exist but I think that the pilots and the phasing back of fans should continue. 

Even if you are willing, the vaccine will not totally eridicate the virus. If it ever comes. We are probably going to have to live with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very sorry to hear that you are going to lose your job. My personal opinion is that many others will due to unnecessarily draconian measures all things considered. I am not suggesting pretending that it doesnt exist but I think that the pilots and the phasing back of fans should continue. 

Even if you are willing, the vaccine will not totally eridicate the virus. If it ever comes. We are probably going to have to live with it.

Thanks. 

Of course we will more jobs in hotel and airport sectors. We need to protect people andreduce social contact at this stage to limit the the virus impact

If people dont want the vaccine that's their choice but a vaccine is how we get rid of it. Start of next year hopefully

 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So no fans in October. That takes us to November, winter with all that entails with other respiratory illnesses, perhaps an actual second wave, full lockdown etc. 

Anyone see fans in before spring (if at all this season) ?

 

It will be March at the earliest as I've been saying for weeks for the very reasons you give above.

I hope we get back to Ewood in March but won't be surprised if we don't go back this season. There's nothing to suggest gatherings of 10,000+ can be safe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ll survive (famous last words) as Venky’s don’t seem to mind continually chucking good money in after bad, but Leagues 1 and 2, National League?

Unless there is an Arts industry style bailout (or the PL get involved - with strings attached, no doubt), it’s looking extremely grim... 

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've never experienced Covid in winter before so who knows what will happen. I'd imagine clubs are planning to have empty grounds until this time next year, and trying to plan how they can survive. We aren't even on our 2nd wave yet as we've never got rid of it. China are on their 5th!

Until there's a vaccine that reduces the risk of serious illness it will just keep coming back. Totally unprecedented and utterly tragic for a lot of people. Hopefully the vaccine comes soon. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

It will be March at the earliest as I've been saying for weeks for the very reasons you give above.

I hope we get back to Ewood in March but won't be surprised if we don't go back this season. There's nothing to suggest gatherings of 10,000+ can be safe.

Totally agree Paul.  Personally, I think it will be the start of next season before we start to see a return of spectators to football grounds.  Until there is a vaccine, which will no doubt be like the flu one that we have every year, there is no chance that large crowds will be allowed at any sporting venue.  This will be the season we watch our football via streams rather than live in the stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football/sport will be a total shell then at the start of next season. Massive job loss, many peoples mental health impacted, clubs going bust. The risk of having a low percentage of a ground open, people spaced out and socially distanced outdoors, following hopefully successful pilots is much safer than opening pubs, restaurants (even with a curfew) and offices.

At the start of next season, or even the season after, the virus will still be here. 

Definitely regret getting my season ticket. Money down the drain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Football/sport will be a total shell then at the start of next season. Massive job loss, many peoples mental health impacted, clubs going bust. The risk of having a low percentage of a ground open, people spaced out and socially distanced outdoors, following hopefully successful pilots is much safer than opening pubs, restaurants (even with a curfew) and offices.

At the start of next season, or even the season after, the virus will still be here. 

Definitely regret getting my season ticket. Money down the drain.

its about supporting the club financially same as every club thats flogged tickets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

its about supporting the club financially same as every club thats flogged tickets

Of course, probably frustration talking, because there is no reason in my opinion to take such draconian measures, there should be compromise like with other industries who the government clearly recognise are also vulnerable financially such as pubs, restaurants etc and I just hope that there is a u-turn and a bit of common sense.

That being said, if it had been confirmed before the season that there are no fans allowed all season but you can pay 400 quid anyway purely out of financial support, I and the very vast majority wouldnt donate money because, thats a luxury a working class man (or woman) couldnt afford or justify. Ultimately I have taken a slight risk which I was prepared to but it will be disappointing the longer that I cannot go and attend.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are the type of person that is likely to buy every streamed game then buying a season ticket is a no brainer in my opinion.

You have a fixed loss of £230.00 - which you'd have spent on tickets anyway.

You save £230.00 from not having to purchase away games - I believe this comes f.o.c for season ticket holders doesn't it?

You save your ticket money less the iFollow cost of £230.00 towards next seasons' ticket.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Of course, probably frustration talking, because there is no reason in my opinion to take such draconian measures, there should be compromise like with other industries who the government clearly recognise are also vulnerable financially such as pubs, restaurants etc and I just hope that there is a u-turn and a bit of common sense.

That being said, if it had been confirmed before the season that there are no fans allowed all season but you can pay 400 quid anyway purely out of financial support, I and the very vast majority wouldnt donate money because, thats a luxury a working class man (or woman) couldnt afford or justify. Ultimately I have taken a slight risk which I was prepared to but it will be disappointing the longer that I cannot go and attend.

 

Its why i think we will be back in stadiums sooner than you think, at least in small numbers the government will not want to pick up the huge tab for sports across the board collapsing, what puzzles me is PL clubs will get a bail out but spending continues at a huge level. Its far more serious for us and EFL clubs that need the ticket income

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Johnson mentioned Sunak was working on measures to support Sports Clubs i.e. football clubs. Think he also said no crowds at grounds until further notice. Then he mentioned 6 months of the new rules. That all points to no crowds for the foreseeable and a Govt bail-out, but who knows?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Millwall have just suspended ST sales. What will be the view of clubs now when it comes to refunds? Will they just look to roll over tickets till 2021/22 with ifollow to the rescue? Less of an issue here as I imagine we’ve sold, what? 2k-ish maximum?

It’s going to get to the stage that, at best, there will be a limited number of fans allowed in back end of the season, are STs still going to be valid pro-rata for a handful of games in March, April?

So it will be 2021/22 when clubs would *hope* for some semblance of normality ticket/admission wise, but if no vaccine...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.