BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Waggott intervening in the EFL initiative that is iFollow would be a very very bad move. It would demonstrate a level of callousness, nay, hatred towards casual fans that would make the Waggott Tax on walk-on tickets look like a discount.

The death knell of thousands of renewals next season.

He would have to be a simpleton of epic proportions to do so.

On 24/09/2020 at 23:21, Giant said:

I bought a season ticket in the knowledge that I would be getting a minimum of 23 home games and 7 away on iFollow, with the difference between my season ticket price minus £230 (23 games x £10) knocked off the price of next season’s ticket. I also guarantee to have my seat for next season. It will be an unlikely bonus if I get to see any live games at Ewood. Sorry, I don’t feel ripped off or cheated by the Rovers, as I knew full well what I was getting for my money.

Exactly and is precisely why I bought one. From the very start I knew we wouldn't be in the ground till March at the earliest. I said I would buy an ST when I knew what I was purchasing and did so within days.

I agree the club took too long to issue ST details. I'm prepared to accept a significant amount of planning was needed to ensure if we were allowed to return to Ewood the club could meet the necessary restrictions before selling STs.

Price rise? I don't know really. It was essential to my son's well-being I arranged for him to watch Rovers. I didn't consider the increased cost. I hoped buying early might gain us some priority if gates were very limited. For example if the club said the first 1000 to buy get in. I wanted to be 999 and not 1001. Not that I see this as a fair solution but was one I thought could happen.

Overall I think my view is £50+ would not tip the balance for anyone who could afford an ST. There are thousands for whom £349 or £399 is simply unaffordable today and I would support everyone of those who feel other priorities must come first.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

For me, it was always very simple. I would have bought a season ticket, even with the price increase. The ifollow option is absolutely fine to me and I can actually envisage the government caving in and allowing spectators back in January rather than March say.

The big 'but' which I imagine most saw coming is to me so obvious that it blows my mind that it isn't dealt with. Someone else in my house already has a pass. They can get ifollow already on the same screen in the living room. Why on Earth would I get one too?! Why would any family buy more than one season pass/ticket?! Think of the number of supporters in the 8-10k regular base who live with others. All the children. Many of the adults. What do they get other than a promise and something they already have via a family member? The argument about keeping Rovers going ignores the fact that this is a drop in the ocean compared to operating losses. If Venkys pull out, will Rovers survive because a couple of thousand people paid for a season pass? Any household with more than one pass is either financially insane or doesn't get along and they want to be in separate rooms when watching Rovers (or I suppose they are more committed than I am).

I will buy some form of half-season ticket at whatever cost when that ticket is for live games. Until then, I'll follow on ifollow but with £400 extra quid to keep me company...

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 5

On 25/09/2020 at 20:30, chaddyrovers said:

Do you accept why Rovers fans won't buy a season ticket now for various reasons like dont want Ifollow as a back up, or people circumstances have change since last season

I, for one, won't buy a season ticket because of waggot and his awful treatment of loyal supportets. 

8 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

For me, it was always very simple. I would have bought a season ticket, even with the price increase. The ifollow option is absolutely fine to me and I can actually envisage the government caving in and allowing spectators back in January rather than March say.

The big 'but' which I imagine most saw coming is to me so obvious that it blows my mind that it isn't dealt with. Someone else in my house already has a pass. They can get ifollow already on the same screen in the living room. Why on Earth would I get one too?! Why would any family buy more than one season pass/ticket?! Think of the number of supporters in the 8-10k regular base who live with others. All the children. Many of the adults. What do they get other than a promise and something they already have via a family member? The argument about keeping Rovers going ignores the fact that this is a drop in the ocean compared to operating losses. If Venkys pull out, will Rovers survive because a couple of thousand people paid for a season pass? Any household with more than one pass is either financially insane or doesn't get along and they want to be in separate rooms when watching Rovers (or I suppose they are more committed than I am).

I will buy some form of half-season ticket at whatever cost when that ticket is for live games. Until then, I'll follow on ifollow but with £400 extra quid to keep me company...

Aye, a family of 4, with no prospect of being able to go to Ewood any time soon, are only going to buy 1 Season Ticket/Pass. 

Considering they put them on sale for just two weeks, with a hefty price rise, only days before a local lockdown and then a government announcement of probably no fans allowed until Spring, they’ve done well to sell 2k...

(Yep, done well to sell 10% of what we had a decade ago. ‘I’d like to put on record my gratitude to the owners’).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

Fully understand this summers dilemma of should we shouldn't we but given recent history Rovers have form for being late to the ST party compared to a lot of others.

This time the dawdling has cost them badly as they put them on sale at the worst time with the fresh restrictions etc kicking in. I think it might have been double that if they'd made their minds up quicker.

They're unlikely to move much now.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A failure under any description of the word. And only a couple of days remaining before the end of a bizarre sales window of just over 2 weeks.

36 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Even worse than the low expectations that I had. I though we might manage to muster up 4-5K

I disagree with both of your comments. In present circumstances where people are losing their job or even threat of redundancies or family situation change over the coming or past months. I think if we reach 2.5k sales then I think its decent enough. You need to understand that fans aren't willing to commit for various reasons to just watching Ifollow coverage for majority of games this season which doesn't suit anyone. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In present circumstances where people are losing their job or even threat of redundancies or family situation change over the coming or past months.

I'm glad that you recognise this Chaddy. Given circumstances such as these do you not think that it was a foolish decision by Waggott to implement a steep price increase.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree with both of your comments. In present circumstances where people are losing their job or even threat of redundancies or family situation change over the coming or past months. I think if we reach 2.5k sales then I think its decent enough. You need to understand that fans aren't willing to commit for various reasons to just watching Ifollow coverage for majority of games this season which doesn't suit anyone. 

And Bolton shifted 8000 for the 4th division. 

You're putting your head in the sand.

Of course individuals have difficulties. But our sales have plummeted by two thirds on last season.

I haven't renewed yet and don't think I will. Not because I can't or due to Covid 19. But because I can't tolerate the way the club has behaved and won't sign up to sit behind a Diamond Club member in priority.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can you possibly say 2.5k sales is acceptable? How can that possibly be the threshold when last seasons figure was at least 8.5k?

I've no doubt you'd have said the same if the figure was 1500 or 1k.

"Done well in the circumstances"

?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm glad that you recognise this Chaddy. Given circumstances such as these do you not think that it was a foolish decision by Waggott to implement a steep price increase.

The price increase don't bother me as it not factor for me not renewing, But can understand why some people are annoyed and won't renew for that reason. 

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And Bolton shifted 8000 for the 4th division. 

You're putting your head in the sand.

Of course individuals have difficulties. But our sales have plummeted by two thirds on last season.

I haven't renewed yet and don't think I will. Not because I can't or due to Covid 19. But because I can't tolerate the way the club has behaved and won't sign up to sit behind a Diamond Club member in priority.

Couldn't care less what Bolton do tbh. 

You wanting them on sale and not even renew now. 

I haven't renewed for the circumstances I posted last week and that was confirmed today. But I don't want Rovers games on streams and neither do the people who I attend the game with. We don't want to watch a game on a stream. Its not the club fault either as these are testing times. You could have season tickets on sale months ago but without being able to attend games inside a stadium I wouldn't bought one. Other people who are happy with streaming games and happy to pay a season ticket price then fair play to you and credit to you. 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How can you possibly say 2.5k sales is acceptable? How can that possibly be the threshold when last seasons figure was at least 8.5k?

I've no doubt you'd have said the same if the figure was 1500 or 1k.

"Done well in the circumstances"

?

cos for various reasons. People are losing their jobs or being made redundant in coming weeks, plus no guarantee on entering the stadium any time soon and don't want to watch a stream every game, family or work circumstances, etc