BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

cos for various reasons. People are losing their jobs or being made redundant in coming weeks, plus no guarantee on entering the stadium any time soon and don't want to watch a stream every game, family or work circumstances, etc

Sorry to hear about your job situation.

The fact that games are being streamed doesn't bother me from the point of view of buying a season pass. I don't agree with any of the restrictions or regulations regarding Covid from the word go but if the Government decree that's the way it is then that's not the Club's fault and it doesn't detract from my interest in the games at all.

However surely you can agree that as many people are likely to be struggling and/or in a similar boat to yourself job wise, it was utter insanity to raise prices for what by your own admission is an inferior product?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Or perhaps they just cannot afford another steep price rise from Waggott.

which I already said Ewood, When I said In present circumstances where people are losing their job or even threat of redundancies or family situation change over the coming or past months or etc. Each person has they own reasons Ewood. I given mine last week. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The fact that games are being streamed doesn't bother me from the point of view of buying a season pass. I don't agree with any of the restrictions or regulations regarding Covid from the word go but if the Government decree that's the way it is then that's not the Club's fault and it doesn't detract from my interest in the games at all.

However surely you can agree that as many people are likely to be struggling and/or in a similar boat to yourself job wise, it was utter insanity to raise prices for what by your own admission is an inferior product?

Thanks Rev. 

I have money in my savings for season ticket but until I find a job or long term/permanent job I am not able to commit to one. But other factors are I am not interested in watching Ifollow or paying money for non enter of season ticket I can't used. So until the government gives the green light for stadiums to allow fans in I am not buy one which sad me to this but thats how it is now. I don't see what the club can do for me given my reasons for not renewing. I will still be listening to every game on Radio Lancashire 

Of course I can agree that people are unhappy about the price rise this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

"We've done everything we can" (in relation to making ST's affordable) - Waggott (about 12 minutes 20 secs in)

Utter shite. 

He should get ironic T-Shirts with that BS printed on it underneath the poo emoji.

Our fanbase is decimated and he thinks he has done all he can. This is just the most recent incident in years of alienating Rovers fans. His policies relied on away fans more than home ones. Now there aren’t any he’s f*cked. Must be delighted to have landed at a club with owners who care so little that it doesn’t even matter.

Milk the fans.

Patronise the fans.

Blame the fans.

Send the bill for the difference to Venkys.

”We’ve done all we can”

Makes me weep to think of how we were run just 10 years ago and how we are being run into the ground. And yet it’s ironic that the most exciting team we’ve had in all that time and we can’t even watch. What is it with this lot and timing?

Fans may as well keep their money in their pocket. Don’t give it to Waggott’s retirement fund, save it for when the club really needs it after this lot disappear. £400 x 6000 people will go a long way during the rebuild.

If ever there was a time for “the PL pledge”. :rolleyes: 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

RB, you need to see someone if you think we can ignore Covid.  The NHS would be overrun, we would have double, or more the deaths we've had and there would be riots.  There wouldn't be enough storage for the dead and countless thousands would be suffering from Long-Covid.  Crazy.

• Like 3

You've hit the nail on the head there Stuart.

**** things up completely, shrug your shoulders and as you say "pass the bill onto Venky's for the difference" possibly because they don't know any better.

Then "Do pass go, do collect your £300k p.a."

Nice job to have. Everyone should have one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

RB, you need to see someone if you think we can ignore Covid.  The NHS would be overrun, we would have double, or more the deaths we've had and there would be riots.  There wouldn't be enough storage for the dead and countless thousands would be suffering from Long-Covid.  Crazy.

You forgot the plagues of locusts and frogs.

'We've done everything we can' was explained by the fact you can spread the cost over the season. That's it. So no different to other seasons.

He's literally done nothing except put prices up. Someone said he was retiring soon. Looks like it might have already started. 

This is all caveated of course with possibility that he has absolutely no power to make any kind of decisions on ST prices etc and he's just told what to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

And Bolton shifted 8000 for the 4th division. 

You're putting your head in the sand.

Of course individuals have difficulties. But our sales have plummeted by two thirds on last season.

I haven't renewed yet and don't think I will. Not because I can't or due to Covid 19. But because I can't tolerate the way the club has behaved and won't sign up to sit behind a Diamond Club member in priority.

And Bolton will now be working out how to pay those 8000 people back, or grovelling for their good will to keep their money for no product, or defer for jam tomorrow. 

Rovers have been far more honourable, what has been put on sale is clear and understandable and honest. You don't seem to understand that 8000 sales v 2100 sales is completely irrelevant. The only difference at this point is how many people each club has to refund (and the associated admin costs involved). 

The last paragraph doesn't surprise me. For the entire summer you have moaned about every single aspect of BRFC but most loudly about how you would buy a ST as soon as they went on sale because you could afford to and wanted to support the club. All mouth and no trousers springs to mind. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

And Bolton will now be working out how to pay those 8000 people back, or grovelling for their good will to keep their money for no product, or defer for jam tomorrow. 

Rovers have been far more honourable, what has been put on sale is clear and understandable and honest. You don't seem to understand that 8000 sales v 2100 sales is completely irrelevant. The only difference at this point is how many people each club has to refund (and the associated admin costs involved). 

The last paragraph doesn't surprise me. For the entire summer you have moaned about every single aspect of BRFC but most loudly about how you would buy a ST as soon as they went on sale because you could afford to and wanted to support the club. All mouth and no trousers springs to mind. 

The structure of ours is the correct one. Had we put them on sale earlier and without a price rise, sales would have gone up and wouldnt have had to be paid back.

Im not sure if Bolton offered immediate refunds, did they?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Probably not. The T&C's would have stated that games played behind closed doors due to Covid were not refundable. 

What and that's now suddenly OK?! I must have been reading a different forum all summer. Because if Rovers had taken money since May off 8000 fans and then invoked the small print last week after the latest government restrictions, this place would have gone up in smoke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

What and that's now suddenly OK?! I must have been reading a different forum all summer. Because if Rovers had taken money since May off 8000 fans and then invoked the small print last week after the latest government restrictions, this place would have gone up in smoke.

Absolute rubbish. The current structure would have sufficed, whereby the details were very much in the main statement and not in the small print.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolute rubbish. The current structure would have sufficed, whereby the details were very much in the main statement and not in the small print.

You've completely missed or ignored that I was referring to Bolton's dishonest 8000 sales and their small print, not our honest 2100 where you agree the details are clear and up front. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

You've completely missed or ignored that I was referring to Bolton's dishonest 8000 sales and their small print, not our honest 2100 where you agree the details are clear and up front. 

Have Bolton been dishonest, ie did they only put that detail in the small print? Although there was an obvious uncertainty for anyone buying a season ticket.

But yeah I agree with our structure. The price rise was ill informed and the release far too late.

21 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

If it's in the T&C's then of course it's ok. It's incumbent on individuals to read them. I think most people knew there was a 2nd wave coming (apart from Dido Harding obvs) and that games behind closed doors were a distinct possibility. 

I’m currently recovering from major surgery so will be shielding and therefore not able attend matches whilst infection rates are high. I know others who are also unwilling to attend for similar reasons. 

I have contacted the club several times stating that I would be happy to renew my season ticket if iFollow was an option to attending but to date have not received a definitive answer. 

It seems that the club are missing out on renewals from a significant number of fans because they are assuming that most are actually wanting to attend matches when in reality many, more vulnerable folk, are not comfortable in doing so. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes mate. They’ve been terrible. There’s no more negative adjectives that I can say to describe their tenure that haven’t already been said. 

But it’s your club. Our club. We’ll still be here long after Swag, Mowbray and Venkys...so collect your toys, stick your bottom lip back in and support your club in its hour of need. 

I had already made a decision before the lockdown not to buy a season ticket this season and Waggott's actions in recent weeks have done nothing to change my mind. I haven't missed going to Ewood one bit and have already been to 10 games of non league football this season where the football is reasonably priced and supporters are valued.  It is those clubs that need help not the likes of the Venky's and Mr Waggott on 300K.

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

"We've done everything we can" (in relation to making ST's affordable) - Waggott (about 12 minutes 20 secs in)

Utter shite. 

Why quote 5 words (1 second) from a 22 minute interview? Perhaps you just looked for a soundbite? Overall I think it's a really good perspective on the challenges every single club outside the Premier League have to face. 

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

No, don’t make this out to be something it isn’t.  If you can’t afford a ticket then you can’t afford it. I know how bad the employment situation is and my company has employed over 250 extra people since March. People who lost their jobs in the blink of an eye after years of service in various industries. I’ve also employed people off this board and offered to help others in private conversations. 

The “stop whinging...” is to those with the means to pay who are hiding behind their “disgust” at the extra £20 and a delay on releasing the details.

(Changed thread)

Do you think that a "true supporter" doesnt have a genuine right to withold from buying when the product decreases in quality due to its uncertainty/ifollow substitute, yet a price rise at the same time? Its a case of sucking it up and accepting it whatever the price is, no scope for principles?

The problem with your viewpoint is not even that is ignorant, even if you think the principles are correct it makes no business sense. You might think that people are hiding, are not committed enough, are not true fans. The club has the same attitude. There are 2 options. Change things to get sales up or continue the guilt tripping.

My season ticket has gone up by £50.

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Why quote 5 words (1 second) from a 22 minute interview? Perhaps you just looked for a soundbite? Overall I think it's a really good perspective on the challenges every single club outside the Premier League have to face. 

Because he said it before and he was wrong then as well, would be my guess....

10 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Because that's the only bit that refers to the ticket prices. Why commit just 5 words to it is a question for Waggott. I'm guessing it's because he couldn't defend it. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

(Changed thread)

Do you think that a "true supporter" doesnt have a genuine right to withold from buying when the product decreases in quality due to its uncertainty/ifollow substitute, yet a price rise at the same time? Its a case of sucking it up and accepting it whatever the price is, no scope for principles?

The problem with your viewpoint is not even that is ignorant, even if you think the principles are correct it makes no business sense. You might think that people are hiding, are not committed enough, are not true fans. The club has the same attitude. There are 2 options. Change things to get sales up or continue the guilt tripping.

My season ticket has gone up by £50.

That’s just my opinion mate. If you’ve got the means then don’t hide behind your ‘disgust’. Get your hand in your pockets, support your club and crack on! 

We’ll agree to disagree ??