BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

8 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

How is the club actually benefitting by spending £300,000 per annum on this individual?

Grow the fanbase

Increase revenue

Run a tight ship

Develop the clubs brand

Engage with the local community (unless pissing them off counts)

Public face of the company (when he can be arsed)

I genuinely believe I’d do a better job pro bono in my spare time. 

• Like 6

Forget high level business strategy decisions and managing the clubs resources. The bloke can’t even prevent weeds growing out of the side of the stadium. If we’d employed a cleaner on a cleaners salary as the ceo at least the stadium would be clean. If swag can’t get the basics right how can he get important corporate decisions right. 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2020 at 14:04, matt83 said:

Forget high level business strategy decisions and managing the clubs resources. The bloke can’t even prevent weeds growing out of the side of the stadium. If we’d employed a cleaner on a cleaners salary as the ceo at least the stadium would be clean. If swag can’t get the basics right how can he get important corporate decisions right. 

Thats the problem with such a shyte infrastructure.   I bet a lot of upper championship clubs employ a facilities manager to oversee the ground, offices, traijing ground, academy, etc.  I'm not sure this has even crossed their mind.  

In a decade of ownership they've spent nothing on improving Ewood or Brockhall beyond essential maintenance that they can’t dodge on.

It shows, even just watching on Quest.

the most interest they've shown was when they stuck the Clayton and Douglas murals up.

Makes Waggott's talk about a new Riverside pie in the sky stuff.

• Like 4

On 03/10/2020 at 12:06, Stuart said:

It really is critical for the future of the club that Waggott doesn’t set out a ST strategy next season that penalises fans who didn’t buy this season - for whatever reason.

This is key  Stuart but I can't see any alternative the way he's done it, he's locked us into an extremely slippery slope.

The way it should have been done is to charge for season passes at i follow rates whilst there's no attendance then upgrade to the full price when fans are allowed back in. Not hike up prices massively now but attempt to sweeten it by a supposed credit against next season's ticket which will no doubt be cancelled out by price increases over the next couple of seasons anyway. That "refund" would only have had any real value used in conjunction with a promise of a price freeze for next season as well.

Meanwhile, anyone who decided to give it a miss this season for whatever reason, faces the prospect of a double increase for next season when prices are hiked again to cover this season's "refund" as obviously you can't let a new customer in cheaper than an existing one.

In a ham-fisted attempt to get a bit more money into the building on a very short term basis, he probably doesn't even realise the extent of the damage he's likely to have done yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

obviously you can't let a new customer in cheaper than an existing one.

Sorry but that’s not obvious to me. The discount has already addressed that, hasn’t it?

For example, if next season’s Riverside ticket stayed at £399 (while the elsewhere went to £439) - and ignoring the devastating impact such pricing will have on attendance even generally - then renewers would pay the discount rates (£239 and £269 - assuming they got to no games this season).

Anyone renewing or a new buyer would still be hit with the £439 price to start with. There couldn’t surely be a £439 price for renewers and then a £479 price for newbies/returnees (in some kind of pseudo early bird deal)? If anyone at the club suggests that then they haven’t got the club’s long term interests at heart.

In fact, the Riverside price is likely to have to be reduced next season while the other areas would have a £399 price freeze. That would be somewhat understandable. To not do this will cripple us. Talk about taking from the poor to give to the rich - or killing the not-very-golden goose!

Meanwhile Venkys are, what, the fifth richest owners in the Championship?

Waggott needs to have a massive strategy rethink or rethink his own position.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Sorry but that’s not obvious to me. The discount has already addressed that, hasn’t it?

For example, if next season’s Riverside ticket stayed at £399 (while the elsewhere went to £439) - and ignoring the devastating impact such pricing will have on attendance even generally - then renewers would pay the discount rates (£239 and £269 - assuming they got to no games this season).

Anyone renewing or a new buyer would still be hit with the £439 price to start with. There couldn’t surely be a £439 price for renewers and then a £479 price for newbies/returnees (in some kind of pseudo early bird deal)? If anyone at the club suggests that then they haven’t got the club’s long term interests at heart.

In fact, the Riverside price is likely to have to be reduced next season while the other areas would have a £399 price freeze. That would be somewhat understandable. To not do this will cripple us. Talk about taking from the poor to give to the rich - or killing the not-very-golden goose!

Meanwhile Venkys are, what, the fifth richest owners in the Championship?

Waggott needs to have a massive strategy rethink or rethink his own position.

I'm agreeing with you. 

What I meant was, headline prices will be the same for everyone next season but the renewers this season will get a credit against the price. I do however think it would be naive in the extreme to think that there won't be a corresponding price hike over the next 1-2 seasons to compensate for the "refund" meaning that anyone going back to it after a season's break faces a double hike in prices which is a massive deterrent.

For me prices should have been (at the very worst) frozen for this season and anyone renewing at a difficult time should have had the promise of a price freeze for next season as well. Other prices for new customers next season could have gone up but at least anyone who didn't renew this time round  for obvious reasons wouldn't have been facing such an off-putting scenario next summer.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

Just a thought and perhaps an alternative take on matters, what if:

June 1st 2020:

Right lads and lasses, as we all know we're all faced with the unknown from Covid-19 and when we may be able to allow supporters back into Ewood Park. Faced with the unknown, Season Ticket prices this season are frozen as per last season if purchased prior to July 31st and subject to a £50 surcharge from 1st August. As a consequence of social distancing, you may not be able to sit in your regular seat, we will however look to accommodate you as best we are able.

Should supporters not be allowed into Ewood Park or if supporters would prefer not to attend because of fears for their own safety, all home matches, in all competitions, will be available to subscribers free of charge on ifollow. As an act of good faith, a further 7 midweek away games will be available on ifollow free of charge.

We appreciate that the current situation is less than ideal for all of us and as a thank you for your continued and invaluable support, would like to offer all season ticket holders for the 2020/21 season a 30% reduction should you decide to renew your season ticket for the 2021/22 season before 1st July 2021.

Thank you very much for your continued support, WE Are The Rovers!!

• Like 2

Fantasy Island. I've driven up from Cornwall today for Mrs dad's funeral, had a drink with a mate in the Tinker in Ossy, £6.60 for a Stella and a Guinness, they know it's hard to attract customers cos of the current situation. Swag doesn't, or doesn't care.

Emotional rant.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Fantasy Island. I've driven up from Cornwall today for Mrs dad's funeral, had a drink with a mate in the Tinker in Ossy, £6.60 for a Stella and a Guinness, they know it's hard to attract customers cos of the current situation. Swag doesn't, or doesn't care.

Emotional rant.

If Swag was landlord he'd have put the price up to £16.60 and told the locals that if the pub folded it would be their fault for not coming in.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Surely you're not going against Government advice! ?

Follow the guidelines! 

?

But I would be following the guidelines tho Rev as the Government would ensure that Stadiums are Covid-19 safe. Clubs owners have said they would make it has safe as possible and it would help clubs financial asdwell

• Like 1

Interestingly (I thought anyway) sky's website seems to have the next couple of rounds of midweek fixtures listed as live on there red button, something that I thought was paused until fans were allowed back in.

Weren't the 7 midweek away games being shown for "free" a huge part of Waggot's selling pitch for the ST?

I know not everyone has sky sports, but I reckon the vast majority of ST holders will do.

• 1 month later...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-announce-huge-reduction-19376671

Interesting to see what Swansea are doing. They're already busy sorting out tickets for 2021-22!

Sales started on December 1st. Prices determined by the club following discussions with the Supporters Trust.

For those people who paid for this season and didn't claim their money back the price for 2021-22 is £99 in any stand. The offer is open to the end of February.

Now that is a season ticket policy. Start sales early, a proper financial incentive to buy quickly. Involving the supporters in deciding what is happening. No wailing about FFP and the need to generate more money - their parachute payments end soon and they are struggling financially.

So impressive. Compare to the amateurish money-grabbing approach of Waggott - we will be lucky to get prices before August 2021.

Think I'll email this to the club - not that it will achieve anything.

• Like 9

What's the situation regarding half season tickets/passes? Are we doing them this season or simply not bothering?

I just clicked on the website and it looks like anyone wanting to purchase a pass for the remainder of the season, or give one as a Christmas present would still have to pay the full season price!

Come on Rovers! Surely even Swag can do better than that!

• Like 3

I think you should email it straight away! What a great idea.

I don’t see the point in selling anymore just yet. Come Dec 14 Lancashire will drop to T2 allowing 2000 into the ground. Seeing we sold 2.5k season tickets only a portion of those fans will get into the ground, no walk ins and no half season ticket holders. This will probably be it for this season unless we get to see 3000 fans in the ground.

I expect to see Rovers fans in the ground before the years out??

33 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think you should email it straight away! What a great idea.

I don’t see the point in selling anymore just yet. Come Dec 14 Lancashire will drop to T2 allowing 2000 into the ground. Seeing we sold 2.5k season tickets only a portion of those fans will get into the ground, no walk ins and no half season ticket holders. This will probably be it for this season unless we get to see 3000 fans in the ground.

I expect to see Rovers fans in the ground before the years out??

Dec 14 Tier 2, highly unlikely, I hope I am wrong. 

I too think that it's extremely unlikely that Blackburn with Darwen will move into Tier 2 this year. Parts of Lancashire might but not Blackburn.

The club will put appropriate ticket packages on sale as soon as they can see that they can accommodate more than 2,000 fans in the ground. Whether that is half season tickets or some other package will depend on when that extra freedom happens. I can't at this stage there being anyone wanting to buy a season ticket as a Christmas present with no idea of what that ticket will get you.