BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

I think the very fact that there has been so much push back against the likes of Kent and Lancashire being moved en masse into Tier 3 means that there will be some break up at the next review. With regard to Lancashire I think it's quite likely that Lancaster City Council will go to Tier 2 - it has lower rates than its neighbouring boroughs in Cumbria and North Yorkshire who are in Tier 2.

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I hope that’s the case, absolutely no reason why rural Lancs with minimal cases, places around Lancaster and Wyre, for example, should be tagged with somewhere like Hyndburn.

Same with Ribble Valley, closer to home! 
Very frustrating that London boroughs with much higher infection rates are tier two....

This should all probably be on the Coronavirus thread rather than here but you need to remember that the tier classification is about the situation in local hospitals and the infection rate in over 60s as well as the overall infection rate. I guess that places like Ribble Valley, whilst having low rates, have an older population and are also dependent on the hospitals in Preston, Blackburn and Burnley.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought all Lancs would be moved Tiers, not on a borough by borough basis, or not at all? I.e the big kick off in Tier 3 Kent which has a big variance across the county.

Isn't there something about Blackburn with Darwen being (council wise) separate from Lancashire, like Blackpool ?

Edited by rigger

Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool are separate unitary authorities and therefore administratively outside Lancashire and do all local authority services themselves. Other boroughs in Lancashire operate some services whilst others are delivered at county level. Given that both are surrounded by other parts of Lancashire, I don't think it it really makes any difference regarding the pandemic and how the tiers are being calculated.

From the Fans Forum minutes -

‘MG asked about uptake of Diamond Club season tickets. GC replied that there had been a lot of interest but in the end only a very small number had been sold.’

File that with other Waggott masterstrokes that include the surcharge, the 10k raffle and £45 match tickets

• Like 1