BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets 2020-21

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But surely if suppporters WANT to support the club financially by giving them money and are not only willing but able, it should be encouraged by the club itself? 

There can be provisions dependant on different scenarios that might play out, even if the worst case scenario is a deferred season ticket for the season after, which still has boosted the clubs cash flow at a time of need. The supporters know that the situation is unclear, but the willingness is still there

Even if your stance is that it is morally wrong should the club do that, which i dont really get, surely you dont think it is that rather than a simple lack of proactivity that has prevented it?

Again RF99 ..nothing stopping those WANTING to or in a financial position to  make a donation to the club if happy to and they think its for the good of the club . By buying something that may not exist and the reluctance for refunds over four games last season  anyone signing up to a ST right now are running the risk of "donating" 350 quid. So go ahead give the club the money.

As for the moral stance maybe the club is or aint thinking that way who knows .

The logistics of also fitting in 8500 ST into the ground isnt straight forward either. People WILL have to swap seats if not stands ..lots of people sat towards the ends of possibly four stands with views that arent the best because people may have to sit say three to four seats apart on a row and possibly the club may have to miss a row out every other row backwards to so call social distance .There will be a lot not willing to sign up for this and quite rightly are awaiting just to see how the hell seating arrangements will work before  paying up front.

The question is would people hand over money for say a new car or T.V. only to be told sorry its doesnt exist at the moment and if it doesnt materialise you could lose your money ..but thank you all the same..? A ST is after all an actual product.

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Again RF99 ..nothing stopping those WANTING to or in a financial position to  make a donation to the club if happy to and they think its for the good of the club . By buying something that may not exist and the reluctance for refunds over four games last season  anyone signing up to a ST right now are running the risk of "donating" 350 quid. So go ahead give the club the money.

As for the moral stance maybe the club is or aint thinking that way who knows .

The logistics of also fitting in 8500 ST into the ground isnt straight forward either. People WILL have to swap seats if not stands ..lots of people sat towards the ends of possibly four stands with views that arent the best because people may have to sit say three to four seats apart on a row and possibly the club may have to miss a row out every other row backwards to so call social distance .There will be a lot not willing to sign up for this and quite rightly are awaiting just to see how the hell seating arrangements will work before  paying up front.

The question is would people hand over money for say a new car or T.V. only to be told sorry its doesnt exist at the moment and if it doesnt materialise you could lose your money ..but thank you all the same..? A ST is after all an actual product.

If they brought out a product, listed the potential situations/scenarios that could arise, for example ifollow links if up to a certain number of games are played behind closed doors and then they can be allowed in later in the season. Or doomsday, its behind closed doors all season, the payment covers the season after, then that would surely work?

It could also been mentioned that at the moment there is a lack of clarity around facilities, (Concourses etc) a likely inability to have designated seats/stands then people arent under any illusions.

The worst thing that could happen would be that due to the uncertainty, no one takes them up on the offer. You would then be proved right. And what harm would be done even if that happened? Nothing. But there are people that would take it, as we have seen on here and as I have shown with screenshots from elsewhere.

It is NOT the same as asking for a donation because there ARE various ways in which fans could be rewarded for the payment. It is not just sticking a few hundred quid into the clubs account. You are getting to see games however it is possible as things unfold.

And if a car company or a TV company proposed that, they wouldnt get ANY offers because the situations are totally different, those companies wouldnt have a customer base desperate to help, and there wouldnt be a possible alternative (ifollow links, payments deferred to cover following seasons etc) like there would be in this instance.

I have seen mentioned comments suggesting that the club "cant win" with reference to complaints about last season. The problem is that the season ticket situation for last season was retrospective, fans DIDNT go into the season expecting what has happened to happen, nobody did, but the club went with a fairly unusual (considering the way most Championship clubs tackled it) one size fits all policy regarding remuneration. If fans bought one for this season, they would know and expect things to change, they know the situation in advance.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The worst thing that could happen would be that due to the uncertainty, no one takes them up on the offer. You would then be proved right. And what harm would be done even if that happened? Nothing.

And what harm is being done by the club taking the sensible option to wait for clarity before going on sale? None at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ben Frost said:

And what harm is being done by the club taking the sensible option to wait for clarity before going on sale? None at all. 

Cash flow shortages?

We arent going to have clarity any time soon, even after the season has begun, we wont know say 5 months into the season whether fans will be there, so there will always be an element on uncertainty.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Ben Frost said:

Disconnection with the supporter base, through a lack of engagement?

From a purely financial point of view, it seems crazy that if you’ve got fans that are willing to pay money, why on earth wouldn’t the club want to take it? 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If they brought out a product, listed the potential situations/scenarios that could arise, for example ifollow links if up to a certain number of games are played behind closed doors and then they can be allowed in later in the season. Or doomsday, its behind closed doors all season, the payment covers the season after, then that would surely work?

It could also been mentioned that at the moment there is a lack of clarity around facilities, (Concourses etc) a likely inability to have designated seats/stands then people arent under any illusions.

The worst thing that could happen would be that due to the uncertainty, no one takes them up on the offer. You would then be proved right. And what harm would be done even if that happened? Nothing. But there are people that would take it, as we have seen on here and as I have shown with screenshots from elsewhere.

It is NOT the same as asking for a donation because there ARE various ways in which fans could be rewarded for the payment. It is not just sticking a few hundred quid into the clubs account. You are getting to see games however it is possible as things unfold.

And if a car company or a TV company proposed that, they wouldnt get ANY offers because the situations are totally different, those companies wouldnt have a customer base desperate to help, and there wouldnt be a possible alternative (ifollow links, payments deferred to cover following seasons etc) like there would be in this instance.

I have seen mentioned comments suggesting that the club "cant win" with reference to complaints about last season. The problem is that the season ticket situation for last season was retrospective, fans DIDNT go into the season expecting what has happened to happen, nobody did, but the club went with a fairly unusual (considering the way most Championship clubs tackled it) one size fits all policy regarding remuneration. If fans bought one for this season, they would know and expect things to change, they know the situation in advance.

But ..with so many scenarios ..at the moment the club has no idea what scenarios there actually could be until the Govt makes a decision on letting fans back in and in what numbers ? So surely best to simply wait. 

Its a different world today RF99 ..the days of just religiously signing up every season without sometimes batting an eyelid have gone im afraid...regardless of what situation our beloved Rovers are in ..theres a bigger picture for a lot of people to actually consider.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Disconnection with the supporter base, through a lack of engagement?

From a purely financial point of view, it seems crazy that if you’ve got fans that are willing to pay money, why on earth wouldn’t the club want to take it? 

But then K-Hod getting accused of not delivering on  what they proposed if the "scenarios" put forward doesnt materialise and people have coughed up the money??

Damned if they do ..damned if they dont this Club as we well know. They got a bit of a slating when they introduced the cardboard cut out scheme ...people saying how dare they when  ST refunds werent on the table . 

Imagine what fans will be spewing if  stuck with iFollow after shelling out 350 quid  when fans arent let back in for whatever reason..

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

As that very famous reggae singer once said ‘you can’t please all the people all of the time’.

Covid has affected every football club, not just ours. Lesser clubs have managed to get their act together, but we are just hanging about seemingly.

If you think they’ve done enough, then fair one, but I think they could be doing more really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

But ..with so many scenarios ..at the moment the club has no idea what scenarios there actually could be until the Govt makes a decision on letting fans back in and in what numbers ? So surely best to simply wait. 

Its a different world today RF99 ..the days of just religiously signing up every season without sometimes batting an eyelid have gone im afraid...regardless of what situation our beloved Rovers are in ..theres a bigger picture for a lot of people to actually consider.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But then K-Hod getting accused of not delivering on  what they proposed if the "scenarios" put forward doesnt materialise and people have coughed up the money??

Damned if they do ..damned if they dont this Club as we well know. They got a bit of a slating when they introduced the cardboard cut out scheme ...people saying how dare they when  ST refunds werent on the table . 

Imagine what fans will be spewing if  stuck with iFollow after shelling out 350 quid  when fans arent let back in for whatever reason..

I would agree perhaps if there wasnt fans already and waiting to donate, who obviously know that the service that they will get is unclear.

That wont be clear at any point either really. So season tickets wont be able to go on sale until after the season has started, thats implied by your scenario. If fans arent allowed in from October onwards, then theyd be delayed again. And even if they are, theres a chance of a second spike or that fans will stop being allowed in again.

Can the club afford to not try and generate income right through all that? And what are they waiting for? Because as I said, it will never even during the season become totally clear what people are buying.

Last season isnt a fair comparison, its a game changer if people know what they are buying into, ie uncertainty. But are still willing to. Last year it happened unexpectedly.

If I was to buy a season ticket today, what would my seat number be?

Would I be able to sit with my mate and his family from a different household?

If everyone renewed would they just space everyone out until they run out of seating and just shunt people into the next stand?

Those clubs who have already sold tickets have no idea how they are going to deal with it. Presumably the guess is iFollow until normal service is resumed? Rovers won’t want the expense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure, probably not to be honest until the situation does become clearer. But not 100%.

so you view is similar to mine by wanting much more info before signing up? 

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cash flow shortages?

We arent going to have clarity any time soon, even after the season has begun, we wont know say 5 months into the season whether fans will be there, so there will always be an element on uncertainty.

What cash flow shortages? 

The government was allowing trials inside sport stadium this summer to decide on what capacity could be used. 

33 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

I agree. Wait and see. If we get hit with second wave and football is suspending or fans are suspending from entering stadiums then clubs will have sort out refunds and different options

27 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

If cases continue to rise and we will be looking to enter a stadium again this season until we get vaccine. . 

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Those 2 issues are some of questions I have for the club concerning entering Ewood Park. 

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If everyone renewed would they just space everyone out until they run out of seating and just shunt people into the next stand?

Those clubs who have already sold tickets have no idea how they are going to deal with it. Presumably the guess is iFollow until normal service is resumed? Rovers won’t want the expense.

Obviously I am only saying what I would suggest, which is of just an average joe, but ironically is probably more thought than the club is put in to it...

But surely in the short term, designated seats become somewhat of an unfortunately impossible luxury.

Maybe they could ask for a preferred area and work around that? But theres no way they could guarantee anyone a particular seat surely.

But maybe it would just be as youve touched on, it would just be spaced out until they run out of seating, which I suspect would be unlikely. But you could apply in your "groups" so for example if you went as a family of 4, the 4 of you would be seated together, then a required space, then the next person/group, and so on?

Rovers wont want the expense of ifollow? Surely it would be mandatory across the football league and be an additional source of income, aswell as the season ticket money that they wont otherwise receive.

On a tangent slightly, I saw it mentioned that they may allow beer to be taken to seats to avoid congregating in the concourses. That would be brilliant, although maybe not immediately as imagine the toilet needs!

Just now, roversfan99 said:

But surely in the short term, designated seats become somewhat of an unfortunately impossible luxury.

Maybe they could ask for a preferred area and work around that? But theres no way they could guarantee anyone a particular seat surely.

well thats would upset alot of fans cos they have their seats for a number of years

But maybe it would just be as youve touched on, it would just be spaced out until they run out of seating, which I suspect would be unlikely. But you could apply in your "groups" so for example if you went as a family of 4, the 4 of you would be seated together, then a required space, then the next person/group, and so on?

what a group of friends who go together and travel in 1 car cos only 1 drives how can they go game when according to local restrictions you can car share with other people not from your household? Will families from different households be allow to sit together as normal? 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you view is similar to mine by wanting much more info before signing up? 

What cash flow shortages? 

The government was allowing trials inside sport stadium this summer to decide on what capacity could be used. 

I agree. Wait and see. If we get hit with second wave and football is suspending or fans are suspending from entering stadiums then clubs will have sort out refunds and different options

If cases continue to rise and we will be looking to enter a stadium again this season until we get vaccine. . 

Yes. But clearly some people @K-Hod and @Paul Mani the latest 2 are willing to buy even amidst the uncertainty. There IS demand there.

All clubs will be struggling for cash flow. Not necessarily yet to the point of threatening survival or anything, but obviously it will be affecting cash flow with no income.

Wait and see until when? Because as I said, the situation is obviously so fluid that there will never be a point when clarity is suddenly restored. If you wait and see, surely you wait until after the season starts as we at least know that at the start of the season, there will be no fans. So you wont have any clarity and thus income for 2 more months, for sure. Then the date could be pushed back further, again no clarity or income. Or best case scenario, fans will be allowed in from October. But from your logic, you cant still get any income in because what if theres a second spike and the gates are closed again?

So do you get the problem? You can say "wait and see" but there will never become a point when anyone knows for sure if its safe to start selling season tickets. 

Maybe state that refunds wont be allowed to make things totally transparent? More that any payments will be deferred until whenever it is when people are allowed back in.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well thats would upset alot of fans cos they have their seats for a number of years

what a group of friends who go together and travel in 1 car cos only 1 drives how can they go game when according to local restrictions you can car share with other people not from your household? Will families from different households be allow to sit together as normal? 

Well to be honest, tough shit. A lot of people will have not missed a game in x amount of time that have had to during lockdown. Its a shitty situation but its about making the very best of it that we can whilst its still here. There is no way that I can see anyway that you can guarantee anyones favourite seat. Its another unfortunate change in the short term even when fans are allowed back, there will be various differences which may hinder the old matchday experience we used to have. Its just the only way sadly.

Would it potentially be a decision maker either way if you cant sit where you do normally? 

Again, if it would be, fair play, each to their own, and I wouldnt judge you, but I dont see how that can possibly be maintained in a reduced capacity stadium when people cannot sit next to strangers.

And regarding your second question, that would have to be guided by the regulations at the time.

A way around that I suppose would be to apply in the group you would like to go with, but with a note as to different households, or should the terminology differ, "bubbles."

If it was a case where it was to fill the ground with the required spacing until full, at first 4 friends say from different houses may be put separately in, should the law dictate, then 2 months later if the law was relaxed, they can be together. Youd be driven by the law and the rules and regulations at the time, which would be forever changing.

And obviously, if you cant get to the ground without travelling with someone you are not allowed to be with due to social distancing, then unfortunately you cannot go.

Would it potentially be a decision maker either way if you cant sit where you do normally? 

It would be part of any decision that I have to make aswell as the number of other things I have posted on this subject

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

A way around that I suppose would be to apply in the group you would like to go with, but with a note as to different households, or should the terminology differ, "bubbles."

Well thats a massive problem and will put off fans for buying to things can go back to normal

Yes I’d buy a ticket as soon as available , maybe I can’t go straight away but at least I’d be doing my bit for the club, I may not be able to sit exactly in the seat I want with who I want but it’s a start , it would still feel good , and ultimately it’s not all about ME is it . 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It would be part of any decision that I have to make aswell as the number of other things I have posted on this subject

Well thats a massive problem and will put off fans for buying to things can go back to normal

Its unfortunate I appreciate. But i just cant see how it is possible. Part of the matchday experience that simply cant come back (as far as I can see) until the restrictions are totally gone and attendances are unlimited.

if that was the deciding factor that made you choose that you didnt want to attend games until things are totally back to normal, that would be totally understandable. But I just dont see an alternative during the days of limited capacities.

1 minute ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Yes I’d buy a ticket as soon as available , maybe I can’t go straight away but at least I’d be doing my bit for the club, I may not be able to sit exactly in the seat I want with who I want but it’s a start , it would still feel good , and ultimately it’s not all about ME is it . 

Further evidence that theres money essentially waiting for the club should they pull their finger out.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously I am only saying what I would suggest, which is of just an average joe, but ironically is probably more thought than the club is put in to it...

Rovers wont want the expense of ifollow? Surely it would be mandatory across the football league and be an additional source of income, aswell as the season ticket money that they wont otherwise receive.

On a tangent slightly, I saw it mentioned that they may allow beer to be taken to seats to avoid congregating in the concourses. That would be brilliant, although maybe not immediately as imagine the toilet needs!

I take your point but some areas, e.g. the family stand would have a problem accommodating everyone.

If it is currently 75% subscribed (it’s more like 90% mins) and they can only have it 50% occupied then one-third of existing ST holders there will have to be moved - which will probably end up being the BBE upper (as the Riverside as is will probably be spaced out and full - and not in a good way).

If they didn’t mind the iFollow element they could easily get them on sale and start this season like they finished the last.

Our club is amazing really and so inconsistent. Don’t want to entertain refunds but don’t want to accept money from any fans willing to support the club.

Now the beer idea is a good one - and one long overdue in terms of treating fans like human beings instead of cattle. A few of the bar staff walking round with beer on tap, masks, visors and a card reader. Especially if there are empty rows between people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its unfortunate I appreciate. But i just cant see how it is possible. Part of the matchday experience that simply cant come back (as far as I can see) until the restrictions are totally gone and attendances are unlimited.

if that was the deciding factor that made you choose that you didnt want to attend games until things are totally back to normal, that would be totally understandable. But I just dont see an alternative during the days of limited capacities.

This will be massive problem for some. I would want to be similar area to my normal seat if I did renew. So many different questions to answered by football authorities and Government before anyone enters a stadium

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Covid has affected every football club, not just ours. Lesser clubs have managed to get their act together, but we are just hanging about seemingly

Some clubs (not sure if they are lesser or not) have had them on sale and then taken them back off sale. That's chaotic, it's not having their act together. Imagine the mayhem when those clubs have to decide who gets to sit where. 

Hanging about is the correct thing to do in these circumstances. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This will be massive problem for some. I would want to be similar area to my normal seat if I did renew. So many different questions to answered by football authorities and Government before anyone enters a stadium

Of course and maybe there will be a way in which

I bet if you said to most fans otherwise willing to attend that they can only go back if they are temporarily seated elsewhere, they would take that.

I suspect how fans are seated in terms of preferred seats etc will be down to the club. They will obviously have rules such as the maximum capacity, the minimum space between people etc but whether its totally random from there or whether they attempt to pander to preferred areas etc is down to the club.

10 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Some clubs (not sure if they are lesser or not) have had them on sale and then taken them back off sale. That's chaotic, it's not having their act together. Imagine the mayhem when those clubs have to decide who gets to sit where. 

Hanging about is the correct thing to do in these circumstances. 

The problem is, what is the waiting for? As I said, there wont be a point this season as to when it will be certain that season tickets can be sold without fear of any problems. 

We dont know until October if indeed fans are given the go ahead so hanging about means no income until then and of course a logistical nightmare getting it sorted with minimal notice.

If it gets put back, we wont know until when so again, no income.

Even if x% can attend in October, what they have paid for will be in jeapoardy in case it is stopped, for example if the R shoots up and/or a second wave takes surge.

The main logisitical headache will be fitting in people into the stadium. I suspect that we wont have that problem so we are already one up.