BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Just now, davulsukur said:

Derby lose again and now sit second bottom of the league. 

I'll be surprised if their gaffer isn't binned in the morning. 

Rooney to take over was already a rumour previously, would be a bat shit crazy decision though if they did it now.

I'd be surprised if Derby were so foolish to take such a gamble at this point. I think Cocu will be gone soon but I'd be amazed if their owner gambled on Rooney who has never struck me as manager material. 

I think it is more likely they'll end up bringing McClaren back for another spell to save them, or look abroad.

They seem to be a bit of a mess and with a big money takeover lined up can't afford to be hanging around the bottom 3.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good chance of getting top 6. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Based on what?

That Stuart is the question. And given there is "no chance" of relegation despite our form and injuries, you do wonder how these conclusions are made. 

And if the unchallengeable opinions reason comes out I may bang my head against the wall...

Edit I'm also not sure how someone can think there is no chance of being relegated, think we will make top six and be happy with the job the manager is doing and where we are languishing in the league...

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

That Stuart is the question. And given there is "no chance" of relegation despite our form and injuries, you do wonder how these conclusions are made. 

And if the unchallengeable opinions reason comes out I may bang my head against the wall...

Edit I'm also not sure how someone can think there is no chance of being relegated, think we will make top six and be happy with the job the manager is doing and where we are languishing in the league...

I think I have the answer but I'm pretty sure its not PC correct so best not to post,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd be surprised if Derby were so foolish to take such a gamble at this point. I think Cocu will be gone soon but I'd be amazed if their owner gambled on Rooney who has never struck me as manager material. 

I think it is more likely they'll end up bringing McClaren back for another spell to save them, or look abroad.

They seem to be a bit of a mess and with a big money takeover lined up can't afford to be hanging around the bottom 3.

Nar i don't think they will go for Rooney now, it was just paper talk a few weeks back.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good chance of getting top 6. 

I just can’t see it now. I don’t see Mowbray being savvy enough to get the points on the board. The way he was going on after the Boro game you’d think we had half the u12s in the squad. That team was more than capable of beating Boro at home!

His negativity rubs off on the players and it shows. How can we go from fast flowing football to boring disjointed long ball?

under TM I think we will remain the nearly men. We are destined for a mid table finish, in my humble opinion.

26 minutes ago, phili said:

Ainsworth does seem to be learning very quickly how to operate in the Championship.

First thing he seems to have done is to sort out their defence, stopped playing so open and to make it difficult for sides to score against them.

What is this wizardry? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My opinion 

I'm on his ignore list so please can someone repost. 

Having an opinion does not count as a valid reason for thinking something or make something true. An opinion needs evidence to back it up to be valid.

For example if I say Messi is a rubbish footballer or the moon is made of cheese they might be my opinion, but they are not true, valid or unchallengeable.

Same goes in this case  too. Just stating it's your opinion doesn't make it true, valid or unchallengeable especially given the evidence strongly suggests otherwise. 

So what evidence is there to suggest we will get top 6? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I'm on his ignore list so please can someone repost. 

Having an opinion does not count as a valid reason for thinking something or make something true. An opinion needs evidence to back it up to be valid.

For example if I say Messi is a rubbish footballer or the moon is made of cheese they might be my opinion, but they are not true, valid or unchallengeable.

Same goes in this case  too. Just stating it's your opinion doesn't make it true, valid or unchallengeable especially given the evidence strongly suggests otherwise. 

So what evidence is there to suggest we will get top 6? 

I admire your tenacity. Good luck with eliciting a reply ....

• Like 2

I don't think we will go down for several reasons but there is a distinct possibility of it. 

My reasons for thinking we will be safe are:

1) there is a good chance we will get better when players get back. I've said before we can't rely on this but logically of the 7+ players out at least one or two will improve us. We can't rely on all of them coming back being all guns blazing so there are question marks as to whether it will it be enough. But there should be some improvement in the team. 

2) We have battered weaker teams. If we can batter enough of the weaker teams, and we are doing that convincingly, then we should have enough points to stay up. It's not looking great against any competent team but there are a number of weak ones that we have done well against so that should see us up. 

3) Wednesday and Wycombe started late. The former are still not in positive points whilst Wycombe are only just got off the mark 6 or 7 games in. You have to think that the headstart over them means both are prime relegation candidates. These two clubs have a huge disadvantage which means there are less, certainly at least 1 less, relegation places at stake. That can only help. 

The big worry that makes me think we could get relegated is over complacency/relying on players to get back. This season has a bit of a 99 echo to it, especially with the injuries and overconfidence. Back then we shouldn't have gone down even with the injuries and poor management, and teaches us shouldn't isn't the wake as won't. There's a bit too much of a deja vu feeling for me to be completely comfortable even with the factors above suggestingnl that we should stay up. 

Someone said the other week that the sides that have beaten us would 'definitely be in the top 6 at the end of the season", as though it was to be expected we would struggle to compete with those sides.

Since we lost to those sides, their records have all been iffy.

Forest - W1 , D3 , L1  (Failed to be Luton, Derby and Rotherham)

Ex Premier League Watford - W1 , D2 , L1 (Failed to beat Wycombe. Lost at Barnsley)

Reading - L2  (Lost to Coventry and PNE)

Swansea - D1

There's always an excuse when we aren't doing well. Always a reason to leave it for 3 / 6 / 12months.

. We needed another proper striker at the club in the summer. I said it was one of the 3 priority signings and got names like Gally and Brereton thrown back at me. If they are leading the line we will always be blunt, unless Dack somehow returns and fits into our formation at the top of his game.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody else thinking that home advantage doesn't count for much these days in our league ?

Absolutely. Since football resumed after the first lockdown 36.5% of Championship matches were won by the home side compared to 36.1% by the away side. 

Rovers have managed to buck the trend somewhat by losing more away games than any of the 30 sides that have played in the Championship since then (Lost 7 out of 10 away from home).