BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

49 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Rovers have managed to buck the trend somewhat by losing more away games than any of the 30 sides that have played in the Championship since then (Lost 7 out of 10 away from home).

Yet we can’t win a match at home for love nor money apart from basement boys and ten men, Wycombe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blue blood said:

3) Wednesday and Wycombe started late. The former are still not in positive points whilst Wycombe are only just got off the mark 6 or 7 games in. You have to think that the headstart over them means both are prime relegation candidates. These two clubs have a huge disadvantage which means there are less, certainly at least 1 less, relegation places at stake. That can only help. 

Wednesday had their deduction halved. So they are on 5 points now.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/12123776/sheffield-wednesdays-points-deduction-halved

And Wednesday has an identical Win/Draw/Lose record as us this season so far.

6 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Wednesday had their deduction halved. So they are on 5 points now.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/12123776/sheffield-wednesdays-points-deduction-halved

And Wednesday has an identical Win/Draw/Lose record as us this season so far.

Well that isn't great news for us. Of course the deduction that they have still helps us but yes that does reduce our margin for error. 

19 hours ago, Blue blood said:

) Wednesday and Wycombe started late. The former are still not in positive points whilst Wycombe are only just got off the mark 6 or 7 games in. You have to think that the headstart over them means both are prime relegation candidates. These two clubs have a huge disadvantage which means there are less, certainly at least 1 less, relegation places at stake. That can only help. 

It's far too early to be writing anyone off. Wycombe are four points behind us with 36 games left!

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's far too early to be writing anyone off. Wycombe are four points behind us with 36 games left!

Wow. Given his badly Wycombe have started that shows how much we are underachieving. 

Perhaps a tad premature but a bad start really can cost you  just look at our latest relegation. Those first 6 games proved to be the difference maker. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Obviously, but what have you based your opinion on?

Quality of our squad vs other teams squad. Games I watched in the Championship. 

Unknown factors is how of players with pick up injuries, Covid-19 infection and self isolated period plus empty stadiums 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Quality of our squad vs other teams squad. Games I watched in the Championship. 

Unknown factors is how of players with pick up injuries, Covid-19 infection and self isolated period plus empty stadiums 

There's also the small matter of how we are performing on the pitch!

On paper we look to have a good squad and a decent one even with the injuries (see I agree with you on occasions!) But we aren't playing to either of our theoretical ability levels (with or without injuries). 

It's also worth noting that should we not get in the playoffs as you suggest we should, that won't reflect well on the manager...

When the nobbers equalised at Rotherham with 10 minutes to go I felt sure they would push on and win as they have done a couple of times already this season. Delighted to see it go the other way. Let’s string a winning run together now Rovers (please!)

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Derby are in real trouble. Cocu must be on borrowed time

Derby bent the rules when signing Rooney but got away with it imo. Despite that they are failing on the field under Phillip Coco who was self isolating today.   

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Derby are in real trouble. Cocu must be on borrowed time

Sounds like they will have new owners incoming shortly. I would imagine Cocu is gone once that is officially confirmed. 

What's to stop someone like Chansiri saying "to hell with it" and just threaten to shut their club down. Or at the very least let them wither away slowly and deliberately sign substandard players for next to nothing. Sometimes you have to fight scorched earth with scorched earth. It wouldn't be good for an individual club but if it's all about attacking FUP it wouldn't bother me much. An uncompromising stand for the greater good of the game. 

Derby's takeover seems to be happening very quickly. Man City's was even quicker. Sovereign wealth is a tremendous guarantee. I don't think Morris is the type to do no homework and sell to someone (for instance people who have no idea what relegation is) who isn't right. He's made some mistakes such as building around a washed up cretin but this takeover looks win win for them. At least as much as it can be in a FUP world.

26 minutes ago, DE. said:

Sounds like they will have new owners incoming shortly. I would imagine Cocu is gone once that is officially confirmed. 

I can see Cocu going but it's where they go next and is Mel Morris still calling the shots after these new investors are coming in. 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

When the nobbers equalised at Rotherham with 10 minutes to go I felt sure they would push on and win as they have done a couple of times already this season. Delighted to see it go the other way. Let’s string a winning run together now Rovers (please!)

Very pleased Preston lost. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I can see Cocu going but it's where they go next and is Mel Morris still calling the shots after these new investors are coming in. 

The article I read didn't mention how much Morris would be involved - but if the people with money want change, it'll happen, and you couldn't blame them for looking at Cocu's record at Derby and thinking 'we can do much better than this'. 

• Like 1

Morris being so anti-FUP might even be what led to the approach rather than dealing with someone who's supported it. Helps that the club was for sale as well I guess. Sheffield Wednesday might have been considered but with two prominent clubs in Sheffield (not that it stopped cousin Mansour) perhaps that's why they selected Derby County. There's been theories that part of Man City's attraction (as well as being an EPL club) was the challenge of overtaking Man United which in all due respect to Sheffield United isn't quite the same. Of course City were in the EPL and had an ideal stadium/location. Of course they would have looked at an EPL club this time (Newcastle) but it's much harder to remove a sitting owner than prevent a buying one. Derby's stadium has tons of room for expansion too and is more modern than Hillsborough.