BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

I would have preferred a draw from Stoke v Cardiff and for Watford to not have won but other than that a decent night with points dropped for Swansea, Bournemouth and Stoke. 

Tomorrow is an opportunity to push on through the famous ceiling by beating a team above us. Not much in it with the teams behind us - the likes of Huddersfield, Cardiff and Luton in particular in decent form and not far behind us.

• Like 1

Read a piece on Forest in The Times this morning, doesn’t sound a happy camp.

Joe Worrall was quoted saying ‘yeah we’ve got Knockaert, Grabban, Freeman, but if we don’t try hard enough... I’ve got to choose my words carefully here, we’ve got to work harder, simple as that. 

‘Us players are in a team but not friends’, which isn’t a surprise as they’ve had 5 managers and signed 70 players in three years. When asked if the constant churn is impacting the team he replied ‘no comment’.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Read a piece on Forest in The Times this morning, doesn’t sound a happy camp.

Joe Worrall was quoted saying ‘yeah we’ve got Knockaert, Grabban, Freeman, but if we don’t try hard enough... I’ve got to choose my words carefully here, we’ve got to work harder, simple as that. 

‘Us players are in a team but not friends’, which isn’t a surprise as they’ve had 5 managers and signed 70 players in three years. When asked if the constant churn is impacting the team he replied ‘no comment’.

Always worth remembering this kind of stuff when the 'Mowbray Out' chat starts. The attitude of the Rovers players has never been in doubt under Mowbray and they seem to have a genuine bond. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Always worth remembering this kind of stuff when the 'Mowbray Out' chat starts. The attitude of the Rovers players has never been in doubt under Mowbray and they seem to have a genuine bond. 

It depends what you mean by attitude. All pals together on holiday and taking the piss in training - yeah great. Coming back from a goal down - not so great.

Too many happy go lucky nice lads and not enough bastards who'd kick their granny to win a game of snakes and ladders.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It depends what you mean by attitude. All pals together on holiday and taking the piss in training - yeah great. Coming back from a goal down - not so great.

Too many happy go lucky nice lads and not enough bastards who'd kick their granny to win a game of snakes and ladders.

As in they work hard for each other, in total contrast to what the Forest player says about his teammates. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

As in they work hard for each other, in total contrast to what the Forest players says about his teammates. 

The games we've lost when we've gone behind would suggest otherwise. The stats don't lie in that respect. If we score first we're in with a shout, if the opposition score first you may as well switch your TV off.

The games we've lost when we've gone behind would suggest otherwise. The stats don't lie in that respect. If we score first we're in with a shout, if the opposition score first you may as well switch your TV off.

They wouldn't. They suggest a team mate that lacks a Plan B, not a team that doesn't work for each other. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's your opinion. My opinion is we lack winners with some fire in their bellies. Oh and a manager who knows how to put some fire into them.

Of course it's my opinion. But it's also back up with what I see. Are you saying they don't work hard for each other? And 'lacking winners with fire in their bellies' has nothing to do with work rate. You seem to be discussing a different point to the one I made. I was referring to the point the Forest lad made about his teammates lack of effort. Apologies if that wasn't clear. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Of course it's my opinion. But it's also back up with what I see. Are you saying they don't work hard for each other? And 'lacking winners with fire in their bellies' has nothing to do with work rate. You seem to be discussing a different point to the one I made. 

No I don't think they work hard enough. Did we work harder than Bristol last week or Norwich on Saturday ? You can bet your house that Rotherham will work harder than Rovers will on Wednesday night. We might out football them and win but chances are we won't out enthuse them. Running off the ball is hard work, especially when you're 99 % sure you won't get the ball. We don't do enough of it. We don't win more tackles, second balls, contested headers, interceptions than our opponents most of the time. When we do we usually win.

Having a laugh on Snap Chat or what ever media site they're on doesn't make for team spirit when you're up against it.

Have a look at David Speedie on the nostalgia site - that's what " working hard as a footballer " looks like.

No I don't think they work hard enough. Did we work harder than Bristol last week or Norwich on Saturday ? You can bet your house that Rotherham will work harder than Rovers will on Wednesday night. We might out football them and win but chances are we won't out enthuse them. Running off the ball is hard work, especially when you're 99 % sure you won't get the ball. We don't do enough of it. We don't win more tackles, second balls, contested headers, interceptions than our opponents most of the time. When we do we usually win.

Having a laugh on Snap Chat or what ever media site they're on doesn't make for team spirit when you're up against it.

Have a look at David Speedie on the nostalgia site - that's what " working hard as a footballer " looks like.

Disagree. I see a team that works hard for each other on the pitch. Not sure the relevance of Snapchat to that??

Championship Team Statistics | WhoScored.com

We've made more tackles that Rotherham,Bristol C and Norwich this season. We've also attempted more tackles than the latter two teams and the same number as Bristol C. 

Norwich have made the least interceptions in the league. 

If you've got the stats for distance travelled by each player, and compare it to other teams,  that would be interesting to see? It might prove your point.

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/14/football-london-could-forced-back-behind-closed-doors-capital/

Allowing fans back in London worked out well didn’t it.

Not only did it directly influence our match against Brentford but with the shameful cost-saving decision to cram 2000 fans into one stand while having three empty, ensure no social distancing and with lax enforcement of masks, it has almost certainly contributed to the increase in transmission rates.

Whatever anyone thinks about the nature of the virus itself, until the rates come down we are stuck in this crippling lockdown scenario.

If the economy is most important then end the restrictions and stop testing - make it about common sense. Because this half-one-thing and half-the-other under the pretence that it will do anything other than short term slowing in a nonsense.

If health is more important then close down schools again and invest in IT equipment because that’s where the greatest spread occurs.

Didn't know where to put this but Ben Marshall has done an under the cosh podcast, you can skip to the Rovers part. 

Doesn't really put him in a good light, he just got pissed constantly throughout his career, first 2 weeks at Rovers just spent on the lash and an interesting story with him and Alex marrow in Manchester too.

Talk about coyle and you can see from that alone why he was so crap as a manager.

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, he seemed to thrive more when he lived that lifestyle, he was a good player for us in the main and you cant argue with his reasons for leaving. Its a shame to hear about his mental health issues too.

The undr the cosh podcasts are brilliant in general.

I do like the podcasts. They get players who tend to have played for northern clubs, and are not usually Prem star types. You can easily lose an hour or two listening to them. 

Kilgallon had one. He spoke well of his time at Rovers and reckoned that the squad he played with had the talent to get promoted. Marshall being one of those he specifically mentioned.

• Like 3

Is this the one where he mentions the fridge full of Irn Bru that Coyle had? He called him a useless manager despite liking him as a bloke. 

Also said he knew the team was going to get relegated and that is why he did not sign a contract extension (which had a 50% wage reduction if they were relegated). That on top of players like Cairney, Hanley, Duffy etc all being sold. He did say he loved it here - probably the best period of his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Is this the one where he mentions the fridge full of Irn Bru that Coyle had? He called him a useless manager despite liking him as a bloke. 

Also said he knew the team was going to get relegated and that is why he did not sign a contract extension (which had a 50% wage reduction if they were relegated). That on top of players like Cairney, Hanley, Duffy etc all being sold. He did say he loved it here - probably the best period of his career.

Yer thats the one. 

Says they took a hammering one saturday game and were all dragged into training on a sunday. Feared the worst, doing loads of running/hard work etc. Coyle had them playing games, heading it over the crossbar to each other stuff like that. 

Yer, said he enjoyed it here but he wouldn't sign the contract because of the clause and he knew Coyle was taking us down. Terms he got at Wolves were basically the same as what we offered.