BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

18 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

No but if the search for defenders ends up like the search for a goalkeeper the summer Raya left will you be happy? At least they are getting their business done early.

I'd prefer my business done, Good rather than early.

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I'd prefer my business done, Good rather than early.

Fully agree but that can't be said of Mowbray apart from kaminski. I am expecting Johnson to play centre half on a regular basis until others are fit

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

3 of their best players out of contract at end of the season.Id much rather be in our shoes than theirs.

If we signed Ched Evans would you be happy?

They have arguably their 4 best players out of contract - Ben Davies, Ben Pearson, Daniel Johnson and Darnell Fisher. It looks like Pearson is off to Celtic and there is wide interest in Davies. Whiteman is designed to replace Pearson and wold be their 4th signing if he did. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seen Richard Keough mentioned on the transfer thread. He’s just been given a £2milllion payout for unfair dismissal from Derby.

What stood out for me was he was on £24,000 a week! A decent centre half, but he’s never played in the PL and Derby haven’t had parachute payments or a billionaire owner. 

Absolute economics of the madhouse this league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Seen Richard Keough mentioned on the transfer thread. He’s just been given a £2milllion payout for unfair dismissal from Derby.

What stood out for me was he was on £24,000 a week! A decent centre half, but he’s never played in the PL and Derby haven’t had parachute payments or a billionaire owner. 

Absolute economics of the madhouse this league.

Mulgrew is on that or more I would say? I suppose they were paying Rooney whatever he was on too. Some strange stuff going on there with money alright 

Silly by Derby there. Whatever about the incident which was despicable and I would have no time for , they set themselves up for an easy takedown when they didn't sack anyone else who was involved. Badly advised. 

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

I see Cardiff have shown some cojones and got rid of Neil Harris..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/21/cardiff-sack-neil-harris-after-run-of-six-straight-defeats-football

Why can't we have a normal club..(one with some cojones and ambition) ?

Seems only yesterday people on here were holding him up as an example of a manager who knew what he was doing.

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Seems only yesterday people on here were holding him up as an example of a manager who knew what he was doing.

Yes, but then again, there seems to be someone upstairs at Cardiff who actually understands the game - quote from Vincent Tan (Owner) re Harris and David Livermore:

"..Their efforts to propel us towards a fifth-place finish and play-off position last year are recognised and appreciated, although sadly we are in a result-orientated business and our on-field results of late and progress this season has been very poor".

It appears the only results that seem to matter at Ewood these days are how much can be shaved off operating expenses by not undertaking routine stadium upkeep, skimping on pitch maintenance, reducing support staff to a low-cost skeleton. Venkys don't give a shit, do they, as long as they can off-set losses against other profitable assets in their dumb-ass portfolio?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

He can't even hold himself up in the dugout for a complete game these days, lying there gurning like a chump instead, with his hands over his ears and eyes..

I dunno WIR. Personally I think that's a smart move. I often want to put my hands over my eyes watching us of late... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Hughes to Cardiff!

Good shout, Seemed to get linked last time the job was on offer, but maybe too soon at the time to return to management for him.

Will be interesting to see how it works out if it does happen.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Good shout, Seemed to get linked last time the job was on offer, but maybe too soon at the time to return to management for him.

Will be interesting to see how it works out if it does happen.

If He can be favourite for Cardiff then surely the naysayers suggesting that rovers can’t attract better than Mowbray need to revisit there thinking. 

2 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

If He can be favourite for Cardiff then surely the naysayers suggesting that rovers can’t attract better than Mowbray need to revisit there thinking. 

More importantly who do the Cardiff fans want ..many on twitter dreading the thought of Hughes or Pullis ..and theyre two of their "own"

Edited by HowieFive0

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He can do for them what he did for Stoke and Southampton.

What successive European and top tier ten finishes for a club who’s had little top flight success before?

or keep up a deflated struggling asset stripped saints and attract a player who’s now advanced them in ings?

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He can do for them what he did for Stoke and Southampton.

He did a good job at Southampton, 3 successive 9th place finishes which is the best in the clubs history. Went sour at the end though. Signed quite a few technically gifted players there too.

Southampton less so although he did stay up in the first season as was the target. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

What successive European and top tier ten finishes for a club who’s had little top flight success before?

or keep up a deflated struggling asset stripped saints and attract a player who’s now advanced them in ings?

He left Stoke because he had put them in the relegation zone from which they did not recover, and was sacked from Southampton because he had put them there as well-fortunately his successor saved them.

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He left Stoke because he had put them in the relegation zone from which they did not recover, and was sacked from Southampton because he had put them there as well-fortunately his successor saved them.

Seriously? I mean seriously?
He’d have kept Stoke up easily. It did sour admittedly that said surely a bad half season is outweighed by the far greater successes.

You concern me with your blind enthusiasm for TM and his can do not wrong attitude and lack of ability to critique him. I’m all for opinions but you seem overly negative to anything critscing TM. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I have to agree. As football changed over the years some managers dont change with it and i personally think Hughesy falls into that category imo.

• Like 1