BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

24 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Seriously? I mean seriously?
He’d have kept Stoke up easily. It did sour admittedly that said surely a bad half season is outweighed by the far greater successes.

You concern me with your blind enthusiasm for TM and his can do not wrong attitude and lack of ability to critique him. I’m all for opinions but you seem overly negative to anything critscing TM. 

He had Stoke on a Coylesque 20 points from 22 games when they got rid of him and based on what he then did for Southampton no way would he have kept Stoke up.

Your concerns do not bother me, I'm afraid.

Hughes did a very good job at Stoke over 5 years, three top half finishes and 13th in his four full seasons, went sour at the end like many a job does for a manager, doesn’t mean he was a bad manager for Stoke.

By that rationale Souness was a poor manager here because of the decline in his last season and a bit - very silly reasoning from Masher.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Hughes did a very good job at Stoke over 5 years, three top half finishes and 13th in his four full seasons, went sour at the end like many a job does for a manager, doesn’t mean he was a bad manager for Stoke.

By that rationale Souness was a poor manager here because of the decline in his last season and a bit - very silly reasoning from Masher.

Not really.

According to Wikipedia since he left us in 2008 he has managed clubs for 381 games. Some of those will be in cup competitions but in those games he has won 134 and drawn 96 which on a points per game basis is 1.307 per game. Currently this season we have 33 points from 24 games which is 1.375 points per game which I keep hearing from here is not good enough. So how is Mark Hughes good enough ?

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You serious?

Because post a few months at City he was managing some of the smaller clubs in the Premier League (and still finished in the top half the majority of the time).

Bloody hell Masher, not rocket science, is it!

Aye not managing L1 with a plethora of talent in that league 🤦🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He had Stoke on a Coylesque 20 points from 22 games when they got rid of him

You seem to be suggesting it was correct for stoke to sack Hughes after those results but they compare favourably with the (from memory) 7 points from 13 games that Mowbray contrived in 19/20 season.

Should Mowbray have been potted at that point ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Not really.

According to Wikipedia since he left us in 2008 he has managed clubs for 381 games. Some of those will be in cup competitions but in those games he has won 134 and drawn 96 which on a points per game basis is 1.307 per game. Currently this season we have 33 points from 24 games which is 1.375 points per game which I keep hearing from here is not good enough. So how is Mark Hughes good enough ?

I realise you're only fiishing  but not sure you should be quoting stats in favour of your argument.

In the season we got relegated Mowbray managed 22 points from 15 games with the squad he inherited from Coyle at a rate of 1.466 points per game.

Three full seasons on, two in the Championship and one in League One and seven transfer windows later, how does this season's 1.375 points per game represent the "progress" you keep telling us about?

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You serious?

Because post a few months at City he was managing some of the smaller clubs in the Premier League (and still finished in the top half the majority of the time).

Bloody hell Masher, not rocket science, is it!

Mate, he's been fired from his last 2 jobs because he was judged to be getting his teams relegated. Poor tactics, poor judgement in the transfer market - £15m on Berahino. He's a busted flush at club level and is best advised to hang on for the Wales job which may well soon be available.

So Mowbray was a busted flush when he came to Rovers then? Some mental gymnastics at play here, Masher.

You are pleased with how he’s performed here... so it’s almost like an experienced manger can turn it around - also see Moyes and a thousand other examples.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Mate, he's been fired from his last 2 jobs because he was judged to be getting his teams relegated. Poor tactics, poor judgement in the transfer market - £15m on Berahino. He's a busted flush at club level and is best advised to hang on for the Wales job which may well soon be available.

Although he wouldn't be my first choice for Rovers, I do think that Hughes still has something to offer as a manager, and hopefully the break will have done him good.

He's never managed in the Championship, so all his stats to date need to be viewed with that in mind. Managing a smaller club in the Premier League is a tough gig. Just ask Tony one season = one relegation.

5 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

North End 0-0 at half-time against Reading. Pitch looks in good nick.

You wouldn’t think it was 7 miles down the road from Ewood.

I have not seen any explanation why the indoor pitch at Brockholes was not used. Anyone know why?

Because the club is run by imbeciles. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

I have not seen any explanation why the indoor pitch at Brockholes was not used. Anyone know why?

I was wondering exactly the same.

If you can't use the indoor facilities in exceptional circumstances due to bad weather what's the point in having them? Isn't that the main reason they're there?

If you were being cynical you'd say that we noted Ewood was in terrible condition after the last home game and having a few injuries and being in poor form we didnt fancy playing the game and trained on the pitch deliberately to get the game called off.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was wondering exactly the same.

If you can't use the indoor facilities in exceptional circumstances due to bad weather what's the point in having them? Isn't that the main reason they're there?

If you were being cynical you'd say that we noted Ewood was in terrible condition after the last home game and having a few injuries and being in poor form we didnt fancy playing the game and trained on the pitch deliberately to get the game called off.

That would suggest the semblance of a plan!

As I’ve said before I used to go to the gym at Deepdale and it struck me that there was always maintenance staff around the ground, they’d be jet washing, painting, weeding, cleaning. Just little bits of touching up of the place that keeps you on top of a decent sized estate - Does anybody really think anything similar goes on at Ewood through the week?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Today’s Times...

‘Rising star of the week - Ben Whiteman (Preston). Only three games into his Championship career after a move from Doncaster Rovers, the 24 year old midfielder is already showing signs he has the ability to play at an even higher level’

Anyone know much about him?

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Today’s Times...

‘Rising star of the week - Ben Whiteman (Preston). Only three games into his Championship career after a move from Doncaster Rovers, the 24 year old midfielder is already showing signs he has the ability to play at an even higher level’

Anyone know much about him?

Joe Rothwell wanabee.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

awful penalty miss by Lucas Joao. 

It was very dull game. 

I thought Reading looked a very good side, dominated the game but it just wasn't their day they could have stayed there all night and wouldn't have scored. I've been very impressed with Reading and their manager whenever I have seen them this season.