BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Well Bournemouth have just sacked their manager after a spell of poor results. Looks like they aren't going to sit back as they slide out of promotion contention.

Always a risky appointment. Another example of an assistant or coach promoted to manager that hasn't worked out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well Bournemouth have just sacked their manager after a spell of poor results. Looks like they aren't going to sit back as they slide out of promotion contention.

Always a risky appointment. Another example of an assistant or coach promoted to manager that hasn't worked out.

Is Mowbray linked? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just seen that news come up. 

Seemed to follow a familiar pattern with assistants who aren't good enough for management. Early positive results followed by some poor form which they can't recover from and eventually get potted.

I'm sure they expected to be around the automatics this season, so it will be interesting to see who they bring in.

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Lampard to take over now? 

Will Lampard not be expecting better than Bournemouth at this moment in time?

Having just left Chelsea and been far from a disaster there I'd have thought he'd be looking at a PL job like Palace or something rather than another Championship job.

Easy to see why linked though, especially with Uncle Harry just down the road putting a word in.

The positive is we have Branthwaite and Harwood-Bellis in our side, players that can defend...a breath of fresh air....also Douglas will want to do well with Pickering already signed.....think Douglas may be signed to compete with Pickering in the summer.....Bell will leave in summer.

Rankin-Costello, Ayala, Bennett and Evans also back in contention soon.

Dack soon firing on all cylinders...we should compete.

Edited by neophox

Disappointing to see Bournemouth sack Tindall in that I would prefer to see them to continue to underperform.

I dont see why Lampard would be able to feel entitled in regards to deserving a better job than Bournemouth, in fact he would be lucky to get the job.

He did ok on Derby to get them 6th which is where Bournemouth are now, and he wasnt particularly great at Chelsea, a job which he got based on his playing credentials.

34 minutes ago, Meesh said:

How many games counts as current form? 1.8 points per game required to reach 75 points. We exceed that based on our last six games.

There's more to it than just results. Our current form isn't good enough. Any other ref and we'd have played most of the Boro game with ten men and penalty awarded against us. We got lucky then. Same with our last game, if the linesman had have blinked at the wrong time that would have been a 1-1 draw. 

I'd really love to be able to come on here bigging us up but there's no point in fooling ourselves, we aren't playing well enough. Sooner or later that lucky streak runs out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Disappointing to see Bournemouth sack Tindall in that I would prefer to see them to continue to underperform.

I dont see why Lampard would be able to feel entitled in regards to deserving a better job than Bournemouth, in fact he would be lucky to get the job.

He did ok on Derby to get them 6th which is where Bournemouth are now, and he wasnt particularly great at Chelsea, a job which he got based on his playing credentials.

I'm not sure about that, Derby finished 6th the season before he joined with 75 points.

In Lampard's full season in charge they finished 6th again but on 74 points.

No improvement at all.

Like you said I think he would be lucky to get the Bournemouth job, and if I was in charge there I don't think he would be my first choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Am with you on this. He did the same as every other Derby manager with that expensive squad - playoffs and not promoted. Hardly ground breaking. 

Chelsea he didn't do great at either despite a lot of money. So really not sure what managerial achievement qualifies him to be a favourite for this role. 

Also given Bournemouth have been struggling with a rookie manager appointing another seems even more daft imo. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's more to it than just results. Our current form isn't good enough. Any other ref and we'd have played most of the Boro game with ten men and penalty awarded against us. We got lucky then. Same with our last game, if the linesman had have blinked at the wrong time that would have been a 1-1 draw. 

I'd really love to be able to come on here bigging us up but there's no point in fooling ourselves, we aren't playing well enough. Sooner or later that lucky streak runs out.

Spot on 👏🏻

Smart guy is Lampard as we are constantly reminded - very high IQ etc. But, he did no better than anyone else at Derby and didnt set anything alight at Chelsea. Perhaps he could go on to become a good manager but he has had huge 'leg ups' due to his name and I feel he should prove he cut it in the mustard at clubs that rely on tactical nous rather than money.

Still feel Lampard was always seen as a cheap option for Chelsea with their transfer ban etc - there to tide things over, bring on a bit of youth (they didnt have much choice). Once given money and had the ability to spend he hasnt done great.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Smart guy is Lampard as we are constantly reminded - very high IQ etc. But, he did no better than anyone else at Derby and didnt set anything alight at Chelsea. Perhaps he could go on to become a good manager but he has had huge 'leg ups' due to his name and I feel he should prove he cut it in the mustard at clubs that rely on tactical nous rather than money.

Still feel Lampard was always seen as a cheap option for Chelsea with their transfer ban etc - there to tide things over, bring on a bit of youth (they didnt have much choice). Once given money and had the ability to spend he hasnt done great.

To be fair to Lampard I doubt if he had much of a say regarding the players that the money was spent on.

• Like 1