BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

9 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Indeed we have. But, in my opinion, Toney is the better player and will either take them up or be sold on for a profit.

It really is some recruitment they have going on there.

No I agree Toney has done well, don’t think he’s much better than AA though. 

11 hours ago, neophox said:

The positive is we have Branthwaite and Harwood-Bellis in our side, players that can defend...a breath of fresh air....also Douglas will want to do well with Pickering already signed.....think Douglas may be signed to compete with Pickering in the summer.....Bell will leave in summer.

Rankin-Costello, Ayala, Bennett and Evans also back in contention soon.

Dack soon firing on all cylinders...we should compete.

Bennett and Evans also back to wow us all again🤥

• Backroom

Interesting one for Lampard now if the Bournemouth job is his to refuse.

Cushy enough number, nice part of the country, small fan base to keep content but if he went there and didn’t get promotion it may mark as another failure on the CV, think he’ll be careful about the next job.

Think he’ll end Up there though as they seem well matched 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy has always championed having a system whereby the manager doesnt have sole decision making over recruitment so surely he should have done better despite having been "burdened" with top class talent?

Always championed is a OTT

I do think Sporting Director/head coach structure can work in both people are in sync with the tactics the team will play and players roles within the formation and tactics. Like Norwich with Webber and Farke for example 

A few Championship musings. 

It's a tough title race. Norwich could be out of the automatic places if Brentford and Swansea both win games in hands. A bit like last season it feels like 2 from 3 for automatic places, which did not end well for Brentford. History to repeat itself? 

Despite that not too worried for Norwich (well worried isn't the right word, that's reserved for us) as all teams will have a wobble during the season, it's the nature of the championship. Added to which the other two teams have to win their games in hand so not a cause for dispair. Plus Norwich know what's needed to get the job done. 

That said I hope whoever gets third is so demotivated and crushed by missing out we steamroller them in the playoffs (I can dream.) Entertaining for the neutral this 3 way automatic tussle though. 

Bournemouth have got Woodgate in interim charge. Talk about out of the fire and into the frying pan. May get some manager sacked kind of bounce you see but it's not going to help Bournemouth at all having a rookie manager, and a poor one at that, at the helm. Need an appointment there asap. 

Perhaps Bournemouth are having Woodgate as caretaker to ensure that fans are happy if Lampard takes the role. One way to make Lampard look a good catch I suppose. 

39 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Perhaps Bournemouth are having Woodgate as caretaker to ensure that fans are happy if Lampard takes the role. One way to make Lampard look a good catch I suppose. 

Not sure he will take this.   His stock is still fairly ok because chelsea are a special case and I expect a palace or other lower premier league club will be on his agenda.  Fail at Bournemouth and he has nowhere to go really.