BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure he will take this.   His stock is still fairly ok because chelsea are a special case and I expect a palace or other lower premier league club will be on his agenda.  Fail at Bournemouth and he has nowhere to go really.

On the flip side Bournemouth should be one of the favourites for promotion. Good squad, in the top 6 already, a few excuses like no transfer window to hide behind. To me it looks like a quick win job for him - get them promoted and see what comes up. Certainly an easier gig than doing decently with Palace. 

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Watford remind me a bit of us. They have some very talented individual players but as a team just don't look a cohesive unit and heavily rely on some individual brilliance from someone to win them games.

I know what you mean. They remind me even more of us when we first relegated. Moments of quality from Rhodes/Gomes/MGP had us winning games that we never looked like controlling. 

On today's showing they look a million miles away from a promotion standard team. They have a few more points on the board, but I'd put them alongside Bournemouth as candidates to drop out of the top 6. 

• Like 1

Watford are the perfect example of a side that proves that having a bigger wage bill does not necessarily mean the manager is at an advantage! There is no reason for an inferiority complex v Watford, they are underwhelming for me.

Essentially, a lot of their star quality in Doucoure, Pereyra, Deulefou etc who were key to their Premier League side have jumped ship, and they have been left with players like Deeney and Gray who are past it, they dont score goals any more or offer a threat.

The one player they have as an asset now is Sarr but even then he hasnt perhaps hit the heights that people may have expected.

They do have some obvious experienced heads with quality, Foster is injured, they also have Hughes, Chalobah and Cleverley but nothing to be feared.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benhben said:

Raya with a howler at the start of the Brentford game. Got stuck and flapped at a set piece. 

Doesn't sound familiar....

Made 3 world class saves later in the game though in another win for them. Toney with 2 more to go to 22 for the season - now that is what 7 million should get for you in a striker.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I think I know who you refer to. May be a Man I have seen post previously....

I think we have to look at Brentford as an example. Nimble transfer policy, forward thinking management...I bet you as much as you want they've already identified Toney's replacement...meanwhile,  monday morning down Brocky and Tony is busy identifying his breakfast barm on the brekkky menu

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Another goal for Toney tonight,Armstrong is 6 behind,i think he can forget about finishing top scorer now.

And he assisted the other 2. I always thought he had something about him but thought he was massively overpriced at 7 million. Looks a snip now.

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Reading firmly in our sights now. We perhaps won't catch Brentford. 

Top now.  Shame we can't have a manager and set up like theirs.  They sell 60m worth and replace with like for like for next to nothing, we spunk 12m on a couple of plonkers, a carthorse and someone elses kids.  Well done Mowbray.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Top now.  Shame we can't have a manager and set up like theirs.  They sell 60m worth and replace with like for like for next to nothing, we spunk 12m on a couple of plonkers, a carthorse and someone elses kids.  Well done Mowbray.

Its the journey that matters. Profits are nothing.

Anyway well done to Brentford. Keep selling their top players eveey season and still get equally good replacements. Well run club it seems, off and on the field. If theres a team that i want to be promoted (other than us), its them. And maybe Swansea.

Edited by yellowsubmarine