BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

6 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Its the journey that matters. Profits are nothing.

Anyway well done to Brentford. Keep selling their top players eveey season and still get equally good replacements. Well run club it seems, off and on the field. If theres a team that i want to be promoted (other than us), its them. And maybe Swansea.

Brentford show what can be achieved without parachute payments and the like. 

Interestingly it's taken them years to get here but there had been clear progress year on year. 

I thought the owner has dropped a massive clanger when Warburton left over their change in scouting methods. Looking back I might have backed the wrong horse on that one. 

• Like 4

On 09/02/2021 at 21:00, JHRover said:

I see 'dinosaur' Mick is off to a good start at Cardiff. In free fall and now two wins and two draws from four games.

I'll have anyone a bet that they finish above us come 46 games.

Just bringing this one up again. Dinosaur Mick on course to go above us tonight. Such a good job we're on a journey with a modern innovative attractive management team rather than a hoofball 'dinosaur' aint it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just bringing this one up again. Dinosaur Mick on course to go above us tonight. Such a good job we're on a journey with a modern innovative attractive management team rather than a hoofball 'dinosaur' aint it?

Not really surprising though ,is it? Wanted him when Kean left and he's still delivering now. He will probably get them to the play offs this year or automatic next year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not really surprising though ,is it? Wanted him when Kean left and he's still delivering now. He will probably get them to the play offs this year or automatic next year 

We've had 3-4 opportunities to bring him in, just like Warnock, yet the snobs think we are too good for those type and buy into the 'journey' myth. Time and time again they prove their abilities elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We've had 3-4 opportunities to bring him in, just like Warnock, yet the snobs think we are too good for those type and buy into the 'journey' myth. Time and time again they prove their abilities elsewhere.

Mick's turnaround there so far speaks for itself. Sort the defence out and build from there. Keeps it simple. 

For the last 25 games say, do we really play any better/more attractive? I find it hard to watch. I don't think neutrals are blown away by us either. It seems pundits barely watch us. 

Great move by Cardiff. Would imagine Bristol will sack their manager tonight 

• Like 6

Pretending that Warnock and McCarthy were still unemployed and you were asked by 10 Rovers fans this weekend ‘well who could replace Mowbray that would be any better?’

Mention those two and the majority would reply with something on the lines of ‘shit football, wouldn’t want that here’. 

Putting to one side the total denial that they must be in if they think they are actually watching ‘good football’ at Ewood Park, it shows how absolutely nothing has been learnt 10 years on from a certain sacking...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Pretending that Warnock and McCarthy were still unemployed and you were asked by 10 Rovers fans this weekend ‘well who could replace Mowbray that would be any better?’

Mention those two and the majority would reply with something on the lines of ‘shit football, wouldn’t want that here’. 

Putting to one side the total denial that they must be in if they think they are actually watching ‘good football’ at Ewood Park, it shows how absolutely nothing has been learnt 10 years on from a certain sacking...

I don't know about Warnock, but I wouldnt say McCarthy plays ugly football. He's practical and uses what he has at his disposal to get results. He's not a long ball merchant or anything. He just sorts out the basics and gets them right. Is that ugly nowdays, maybe for some rovers fans it must be 😬

• Like 1

I do know Ipswich fans were saying it but, I mean, look where the alternative got them? What happend there was they were thinking their players were better than they were and it was Big Bad Big Mick holding them back, when in reality , he was keeping them midtable

Alright @Sparks Rover your man White man looks decent to be fair. Looked like a better version of Travis last night

• Moderation Lead

It’s a bit bizarre to see people lamenting the style of other managers I.E McCarthy when they get results.

I accept that everyone has different opinions, but I just can’t agree that we play ‘good football’. There’s a lot of huffing and puffing, but nothing that really gets you off your seat. 

• Like 8

This is like the ideal position for this team, a game in hand win off 7th. So technically we are the best of the rest. Mowbray has his spiel, everyone has their excuses in the back pocket and we continue on business as usual, until the actual full-scale collapse happens, because we are never going to be in the position to challenge for automatic under Mowbray, he wouldn't dream of even suggesting it and this season is as good as any for getting into the play offs, could be way harder next season. 

Lack of full stops there,but just the way it feels....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s a bit bizarre to see people lamenting the style of other managers I.E McCarthy when they get results.

I accept that everyone has different opinions, but I just can’t agree that we play ‘good football’. There’s a lot of huffing and puffing, but nothing that really gets you off your seat. 

Mowbrays time here is done, but there have been games this season where we’ve played some really good football, the sort of football that you simply can’t play on the pitch at Ewood at the minute and we don’t have the physicality in the team to go more direct which makes it worse. I can’t believe how bad we’ve let it get, we aren’t a great side but that pitch is doing us no favours whatsoever. Is it not possible to play our home games at a different ground for the rest of the season? We need a new pitch and a new manager ASAP

Been impressed with Barnsley every time we’ve played them this season and last, even though we’ve somehow managed to win both the home games. But the only way we’re getting anything on Wednesday night is if they’re knackered after playing Chelsea on Thursday and then Brentford today.

12 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Tony will be fretting like mad.

Their manager has only been there since October so no slow-build for them.

How long does it take to weigh up the relative strengths and weaknesses of 20 odd players ? A month ? Then come up with a coherent way of playing ? Another month ?

Or if you're our guy - 4 years and counting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's only Barnsley's first win in six or so league fixtures, yet they're now level on points with us.

It shows just how poor the league is, and an indictment of just how poor we are considering the relative quality of player between the two clubs.

There's big group of teams on 39-38-37 points. We're leading the group on goal difference.

Its impossible to say that a league position is misleading because points tallies vary year on year and league positions are all that matters. But our goal difference helps perception especially for those keen for Mowbray to stay who are keen to point to our league placing as proof of progression.

We are 9th, so 2 places higher than last season, but we are 7 points away from 6th place, so a 3 game turn. We are level on points with 4 teams underneath us, and a 3 game swing the other way could allow 20th place to catch up to us. We arent on the cusp of our top 6 target.

• Like 1

I think Barnsley are going to roll us over quite comfortably on Wednesday. They should have beaten us at Ewood and after today they’ll be flying.

The Mowbray death spiral is never done after two games either. Funnily enough too, I bet you won’t hear Mowbray confess how much rest we’ve had in comparison to them either. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think Barnsley are going to roll us over quite comfortably on Wednesday. They should have beaten us at Ewood and after today they’ll be flying.

The Mowbray death spiral is never done after two games either. Funnily enough too, I bet you won’t hear Mowbray confess how much rest we’ve had in comparison to them either. 

Funnily enough this league is so bonkers we will probably win 2 or 3 nil on Wed