BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I see dinosaur Micks Cardiff are 2 up away at Luton and up to 7th as it stands.

In fairness Tony "Good football" Mowbray's Rovers do have 2 games in hand but I wouldn't stick a mercer on him using the advantage.

Mick is going to put the handbrakes on soon and deliberately avoid the play-offs because they aren't ready for the PL yet and need a 'slow build' over the next 4 years.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Bristol City reacting to a poor run. Holden out the door within an hour of their latest defeat.

They've now got first dibs on new managers. I'd expect Paul Cook in there soon.

Bristol City spend weeks searching and interviewing potential managers then pick the caretaker manager Holden to be long term head coach. so what was the people in charge of recruitment the new head coach so impress by him at the time ahead of other candidates? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bristol City spend weeks searching and interviewing potential managers then pick the caretaker manager Holden to be long term head coach. so what was the people in charge of recruitment the new head coach so impress by him at the time ahead of other candidates? 

Holden at Bristol, Tindall at Bournemouth, Woodgate at Middlesbrough, all examples why appointing internal coaches isn't the answer.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Holden at Bristol, Tindall at Bournemouth, Woodgate at Middlesbrough, all examples why appointing internal coaches isn't the answer.

My point was why Bristol City choose Holden over other external candidates like Hughton or Appleton. Both were mention for that job during the last vacancy. 

Anyway Paul Cook is the leading favourite for the Bristol City job

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was why Bristol City choose Holden over other external candidates like Hughton or Appleton. Both were mention for that job during the last vacancy. 

Anyway Paul Cook is the leading favourite for the Bristol City job

Bristol City selected Holden for all the same reasons people put forward Johnson as our next manager:

Already at the club. Cheaper. Trying to be clever rather than going down the tried and tested route. An inexperienced coach who won't rock the boat. People want a 'new' name with 'fresh' ideas.

It very rarely works out.

Meanwhile seasoned campaigners McCarthy and Warnock once again proving their abilities in turning around disaster zones in a matter of weeks to the cusp of the play offs.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Bristol City selected Holden for all the same reasons people put forward Johnson as our next manager:

Already at the club. Cheaper. Trying to be clever rather than going down the tried and tested route. An inexperienced coach who won't rock the boat. People want a 'new' name with 'fresh' ideas.

It very rarely works out.

Meanwhile seasoned campaigners McCarthy and Warnock once again proving their abilities in turning around disaster zones in a matter of weeks to the cusp of the play offs.

I wouldnt mind Damien Johnson to be our next manager/head coach but always very wary that it could go badly wrong and we lose a good experience coach. 

Havent you already that you want an young British manager like Neil, Rowett, etc to replace Mowbray? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldnt mind Damien Johnson to be our next manager/head coach but always very wary that it could go badly wrong and we lose a good experience coach. 

Havent you already that you want an young British manager like Neil, Rowett, etc to replace Mowbray? 

I'm not particularly bothered how old they are or what country they are from. I think Rowett and Neil have done good work, better than they get credit for, at smaller or not well funded clubs. If we were in the game of headhunting decent up and coming managers then they would be high on my list. Both know the Championship inside out which is very different to a rookie or lower division manager.

Sadly we seem to prefer to do nothing, wait for the job to become vacant and then chose from those desperate for a job.

I've no strong preference if it is a 60 year old or 30 year old as long as they can manage.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not particularly bothered how old they are or what country they are from. I think Rowett and Neil have done good work, better than they get credit for, at smaller or not well funded clubs. If we were in the game of headhunting decent up and coming managers then they would be high on my list. Both know the Championship inside out which is very different to a rookie or lower division manager.

Sadly we seem to prefer to do nothing, wait for the job to become vacant and then chose from those desperate for a job.

I've no strong preference if it is a 60 year old or 30 year old as long as they can manage.

Rowett would be interested how he would do with this squad. He failed at Stoke but did an excellent job at Birmingham. 

I suggested a few realistic suggestions who I would like to replace Mowbray he was to leave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rowett would be interested how he would do with this squad. He failed at Stoke but did an excellent job at Birmingham. 

I suggested a few realistic suggestions who I would like to replace Mowbray he was to leave

New manager prediction.

Step 1 Are they connected with HSH?

Step 2 Are they on the scrap heap?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont know which managers have agents or who they are. 

How I long for the days when I didn't know and didn't care...

My final straw was when Warnock had Cheston's offer withdrawn and in came Owen Coyle (SEM/HSH)....

Think Kean, Lambert, Bowyer (I think), Mowbray....

So if TM does go, it is not as if the club will recruit from a wide field....Next.. Pulis? He is HSH and -of course-out of work!