BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

On 17/02/2021 at 19:04, Leonard Venkhater said:

How I long for the days when I didn't know and didn't care...

My final straw was when Warnock had Cheston's offer withdrawn and in came Owen Coyle (SEM/HSH)....

Think Kean, Lambert, Bowyer (I think), Mowbray....

So if TM does go, it is not as if the club will recruit from a wide field....Next.. Pulis? He is HSH and -of course-out of work!

Calm down we’re on a journey only been 28+2 games. 

Get the seatbelt on, Tony’s Sierra is full and century fm are playing 

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Something very odd happened at Huddersfield today. Swansea conceded 4. Previously conceded 15 in the season. Could HSH be ordering Cooper to get himself fired to line him up to be sent here?

WTF...yeah right ..im sure all the players colluded and agreed to lose today ..Area51 for you mate ..whatever next .

37 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

WTF...yeah right ..im sure all the players colluded and agreed to lose today ..Area51 for you mate ..whatever next .

Area 51?

Collusion? I wouldn't know, anything's possible.

When an entire team's not at the races, you know something is up. Something perhaps along the lines of your manager telling you just before you go out on the pitch that today is his last game in charge.

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Woodgate appointed as Bournemouth manager until end of the season..

Henry turned down the job. 

Strange goings on there. Appointing a rookie at the beginning of the season, then going for another rookie after sacking the first rookie (seriously, what has Henry achieved to even be on a shortlist for a club looking to get out of the Championship at the first attempt?) and now putting Woodgate in charge until the end of the season -  which considering his last stint as a manager seems like the equivilent of throwing in the towel for this season entirely. 

I can only assume cashflow problems as otherwise I see no logic in their thinking at all. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Strange goings on there. Appointing a rookie at the beginning of the season, then going for another rookie after sacking the first rookie (seriously, what has Henry achieved to even be on a shortlist for a club looking to get out of the Championship at the first attempt?) and now putting Woodgate in charge until the end of the season -  which considering his last stint as a manager seems like the equivilent of throwing in the towel for this season entirely. 

I can only assume cashflow problems as otherwise I see no logic in their thinking at all. 

Leaves that sixth place up for grabs pity we are not in the running.

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think Tindall was appointed cos of the lack of the summer break being so small.

On Woodgate appointment till end of the season, I can see the logic and he has pick results up. But it appears that sacking Tindall the owners and board had no one line up. Which I am surprise by. If Rovers are/were sacking Mowbray I would hope they have someone line up to replace him immediate. Or at least a plan 

On Henry, I have no idea why. 

I read in the Athletic that they spoken to Wagner so why thats not happened I dont know. 

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Neill wanted out by their fans but he completely outsmarted Mowbray recently.

..don’t think Neill would be that much better than Mowbray...yes, he’s had little to spend but his set up is negative......” let’s keep at 0-0 and pinch one “ ...we have to aspire . We need new blood, new ideas, someone with tough standards and expectations...someone of the 21st century....maybe The Cawley brothers are worth a shout ...and , before replies ask , “ who would come here ?”.....who wouldn’t??? If Venkys continue to support financially, with the young players we have and have coming through....and a fan base hungry, desperate for a new leader....there’s much to commend our club. 

They’ve got to be thinking...”.If they’ve given Mowbray that long and that amount of money.....I would  be the equivalent of The Messiah.

8 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

don’t think Neill would be that much better than Mowbray...yes, he’s had little to spend but his set up is negative......” let’s keep at 0-0 and pinch one “ ...we have to aspire . We need new blood, new ideas, someone with tough standards and expectations...someone of the 21st century....maybe The Cawley brothers are worth a shout ...

Why the Cowley Brothers over Neil? Any new appointment is a risk but not sure what they have that sets them apart. They've done well at one lower league club. Neil is young but has done a good job at all 3 clubs he's managed. PNE sell their best players continually and yet he's still got a win % at PNE of 39%. That is decent. 

I'd take him over Mowbray any day pf the week. Just my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Tindall was appointed cos of the lack of the summer break being so small.

On Woodgate appointment till end of the season, I can see the logic and he has pick results up. But it appears that sacking Tindall the owners and board had no one line up. Which I am surprise by. If Rovers are/were sacking Mowbray I would hope they have someone line up to replace him immediate. Or at least a plan 

On Henry, I have no idea why. 

I read in the Athletic that they spoken to Wagner so why thats not happened I dont know. 

Why does Woodgate until the end of the season make sense? As touched on, they have already sacked a rookie, entrusting the remainder of a key promotion push which could be a precursor to a fire sale should it fail to materialise to another rookie who did such a dreadful job at Boro makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Woodgate appointed as Bournemouth manager until end of the season..

Henry turned down the job. 

Terrible, terrible decision. Reckon they won't make playoffs now. Appalling manager who did a lot of damage to Boro. Can't see what they were thinking at all. 

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why does Woodgate until the end of the season make sense? As touched on, they have already sacked a rookie, entrusting the remainder of a key promotion push which could be a precursor to a fire sale should it fail to materialise to another rookie who did such a dreadful job at Boro makes no sense at all.

Cos he is already doing the job plus he has pick up some results. made sense to the board. Does it make sense to me? No. It's an easy decision. I've read their statement online. They said they ended their managerial search. Plus I'm delighted they appointed him cos I had a bet on his appointment there. 

I would have had someone line up before sacking Tindall. That's my hope when Mowbray goes. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos he is already doing the job plus he has pick up some results. made sense to the board. Does it make sense to me? No. It's an easy decision. I've read their statement online. They said they ended their managerial search. Plus I'm delighted they appointed him cos I had a bet on his appointment there. 

I would have had someone line up before sacking Tindall. That's my hope when Mowbray goes. 

I dont think Venkys care enough to plan with such detail. I suspect that when Mowbray does go, it will be off his own back and lead to a spell of confusion.

This should be the end of Bournemouths promotion hopes, so the likes of Brooks, Lerma and Kelly amongst others will probably be off in the summer. 

A shame we are not competitive under Mowbray as there could be a top 6 vacancy this season.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bournemouth aren’t the first and won’t be the last club to throw away the vital early period after relegation with a succession of bad decisions.

True. I think they were hoping Eddie Howe wouldn't bail on them. They've had to make decisions they've never really wanted to make and that's never a good backdrop to making good decisions.

Norwich look to be over their jittery patch. Those currently 2-6 look jittery. If 2 were to drop out of the playoffs, my faves would be Reading and Bournemouth with Cardiff and Middlesborough (under managers rejected here) to replace them. For us to get into the playoffs or higher would take an almost miracle or a conversion of Mowbray of Damascene proportions.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think Venkys care enough to plan with such detail. I suspect that when Mowbray does go, it will be off his own back and lead to a spell of confusion.

This should be the end of Bournemouths promotion hopes, so the likes of Brooks, Lerma and Kelly amongst others will probably be off in the summer. 

A shame we are not competitive under Mowbray as there could be a top 6 vacancy this season.

Have Brooks,.Lerma or Kelly perform this season? 

Venkys bought Lambert in after Bowyer sacking and Mowbray came in day after Coyle sacking. 

I think it’s sod’s law that in a season where this could have been our best chance of a top 6 finish, some of the teams in the top 6 haven’t been too convincing. Big missed chance. Says a lot about the standard when Bournemouth have been poor that they still lie in 6th spot.

• Like 2