BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

20 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

True. I think they were hoping Eddie Howe wouldn't bail on them. They've had to make decisions they've never really wanted to make and that's never a good backdrop to making good decisions.

Norwich look to be over their jittery patch. Those currently 2-6 look jittery. If 2 were to drop out of the playoffs, my faves would be Reading and Bournemouth with Cardiff and Middlesborough (under managers rejected here) to replace them. For us to get into the playoffs or higher would take an almost miracle or a conversion of Mowbray of Damascene proportions.

It's the season to go up all right as none of the candidates for promotion bar Norwich look particularly impressive. (And I do wonder for Norwich it part of their wobble was a huge injury list catching up with them.) 

Brentford are looking s bit shaky after a big run, Swansea got hammered recently. Bournemouth seem determined not to get top 6 and Reading have been hit and miss. Equally Stoke and Boro have had some poor results this season and up till recently Cardiff have had some struggles too (funny the difference a manager makes.) 

I think you are right this is the season to go up and would extend your point to not just the top 6 looking vulnerable but the chasing pack too. Nothing to fear and a clear opportunity. It didn't take Cardiff long to get in the mix after struggling whatsoever. 

It's so frustrating. 

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Which may be 1 week after Pearson has taken the Bristol job. Dammit!

Pearson would have gone to Bristol City in any event as he lives in the south west and City are a much better run and financed club than Rovers with potential equivalent to his one of previous clubs, Leicester. He would have had no need to suffer Venkys in their now downsizing mode.

• Like 1

I would not let Doctor Mowbray diagnose an ingrowing toenail.

He would amputate at the knee.

Delighted that Ryan is healing faster than expected - by weeks .....

Delighted that Sam Gallagher can post on Instagram:

'Thanks everyone for the messages and well wishes'

'Glad it's not too serious and hopefully be back out there soon'

• Like 1

Only 8 of the other 23 clubs have picked up less points than we have this season, we are 2/3 of the way through it. It would have been 7 had Millwall not got a late equaliser at Luton Town.

We need to drop this act of misfortune that we are just on a bad run or suffering through luck/injuries. Over a majority of the season we've shown that we are mid-table. We've gone no nearer the top 6 than Millwall, Luton or Barnsley.

Mowbray needs to go because of that alone. 

It's quite simple. Either we are much better than our results and position suggest, in which case he needs to go for not achieving what he should, or we aren't better than our position suggests, in which case what the hell has 3 years of slow build been for?

• Like 7

• Backroom

The last few weeks the teams around the top 6 have been faltering.

In that time we managed to lose 4 on the bounce, even a half decent run would have had us right in the mix yet here we are, again 

• Like 2

We are in the bottom half of the table and unless we buck up our ideas there is a queue forming of clubs in some form that may overtake us.

The journey progresses

Looking at that table Wycombe need a miracle to survive and I'd be thrilled to see Big Club go too.

I think we will be ok ....... famous last words

A Capture.JPG

Edited by AllRoverAsia

It seems likely to me that the 3 promoted clubs will go straight back down. Last time that happened?

Wycombe need a miracle despite a good win last night. Rotherham are still in there despite a very good run over January. I still think Sheffield Wednesday will be just about OK.

Big Club would be enjoyable but they've a nasty habit of surviving by fine margins and expect they will do it again.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We are in the bottom half of the table and unless we buck up our ideas there is a queue forming of clubs in some form that may overtake us.

The journey progresses

Looking at that table Wycombe need a miracle to survive and I'd be thrilled to see Big Club go too.

A Capture.JPG

We've lost as many as Coventry. Staggering progress. 

• Like 2

We have one of the worst managers in the league. Absolutely no surprises here. The signs were there since October.

What it has done is highlight the ownership issues the club has yet again. A corner I'd hoped we'd turned but seemingly not.

I don't know where we go from here. Thankfully some high earners contracts are up in the summer which simply has to free up some smaller permanent transfers to be done, ideally by a manager that can put a defence together.

It's going to be another case of 5 - 6 signings needed simply to achieve mid-table. Unless Venky's plan to spend millions (???) In my opinion we'll have even less chance of promotion next year which makes this season completely unforgivable.

It has been a disaster from the playing surface to the dugout. Whoever is responsible for the pitch to become like it has and for the current manager still being here is completely to blame.

You get out what you put in and unfortunately with Rovers corners are constantly cut. You can't fluke your way to promotion with the help of Premier League clubs that are doing it properly, you have to do it all properly yourself.

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The journey progresses

A Capture.JPG

Don't worry the goal posts will change to topping the mini league of mid-table. And with the form of Forest, QPR and Derby we could well be dropping further. 

Thankfully it looks like Preston and Luton are running out of steam too. Mind you the fact we are pretty much on a level with them with vastly superior resources speaks volumes. The downwards journey continues. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Adding to the McCarthy thing- they were behind Bournemouth when he took over.

They won there tonight to overtake them and get into the top 6. But apparently, the football is shite, whereas ours is obviously top drawer....

Meanwhile, we are in 15th....

• Like 6