BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

19 hours ago, north_ender said:

It sounds like they want to appoint a young upcoming coach as more of a head coach, with the club controlling transfers by investing more in recruitment staff and analysts. Like at Brentford or Barnsley.

Neil is a good coach but he has had tensions with the hierarchy about transfers throughout his tenure and is more of a 'win now' manager, whereas the club want to generally bring in younger players and bring them on.

He has hardly played Tom Bayliss, for example, who the club bought from Coventry, but experienced heads like Ched Evans or Cunningham are thrown straight into the side and trusted from the off.

The two parties are no longer on the same page. He will do well elsewhere and we will be capable of kicking on without him, but for everyone's sake he needs to be moved on with the club's best wishes.

No disrespect, but the PNE job is an awful one.

Neil has had his team sold from under him and the fans are delusional with their expectations.

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Neil has had his team sold from under him and the fans are delusional with their expectations.

Its seems alot of fans blaming Peter Risdale and saying he is the problem.

I can see Preston going for Morecambe Derek Adams or Crewe David Artell. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

40 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Hughton's Forest haven't performed as well as  I thought they would since his appointment. I don't know, if that puts his job under threat.

Hopefully, because if they stick with him they'll be in the top 6 next season.

He did this at Brighton. Struggling down at the bottom when he took over, did enough to keep them up then turned them into promotion winners. I've no doubt he'll do the same at Forest if given time. The owners there are mental though so might not let him get on with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Selective use of stats.

PNE have 4 pts from the last 6 games. We have 6 pts from the last 6 games.

PNE have 8pts from the last 10 games. We have 7pts from the last 10 games. 

They've won 2 in 12. We've won 1 in 12.

Neil's stats slightly better, with a far worse squad IMO. 

Mowbray is a very lucky man to still be in a job. Lucky to have idiots above him. 

The only true statistics are the league table across the season. Based on obvious regression, both deserve sacking, indeed Mowbray has spent much more and not had to sell to get to such a position.

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hopefully, because if they stick with him they'll be in the top 6 next season.

He did this at Brighton. Struggling down at the bottom when he took over, did enough to keep them up then turned them into promotion winners. I've no doubt he'll do the same at Forest if given time. The owners there are mental though so might not let him get on with it.

They may not. They may think there are better choices out there, now. Like you, I think they'll get up there, if they leave him be. We'll see, if there's a team in the playoff places collapses this year like Forest did last. I thin Reading are a result away from cracking and Barnsley may have peaked too soon.

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yes it is a very tough job. Which is why despite the bad run we have been on, most fans are thankful to Alex Neil for the job he has done. It has been a herculean effort to keep us competitive and pushing the edges of the play-offs for 3 years whilst we continue to sell our best players and fail to re-invest.

In a sense there are attractions to the job. It is a fairly stable club where managers get time, we now have a top quality training ground, and the squad will always be very easy to man-manage.

But the management of contracts, transfers and basically everything off the pitch to do with football this season has been nowhere near good enough which is why fan criticism is now heading in Ridsdale's direction.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, north_ender said:

In a sense there are attractions to the job. It is a fairly stable club where managers get time, we now have a top quality training ground

It is a good facility. I'm surprised Mowbray and Tesco weren't on that before they put Brockhall up for sale.  

Little Wembley for us.

On EFL it showed the fixtures for Rotherham during April. They have to play 9 games.

Dates 2nd, 5th, 10th, 13th, 17th, 21st, 24th, 27th, TBC

Gaps between fixtures 1 (five days), 2 (four days), 4 (three days).

If it were Rovers I'd expect the whole under 23 squad to be included for rotation.

On 22/03/2021 at 14:24, bazza said:

On EFL it showed the fixtures for Rotherham during April. They have to play 9 games.

If it were Rovers I'd expect the whole under 23 squad to be included for rotation.

That is a very tough ask for them. Especially since they don't have the biggest squad. Could be what determines the relegation places. 

Not a fan of it but could see them targeting certain games due to the congestion. 

20 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That is a very tough ask for them. Especially since they don't have the biggest squad. Could be what determines the relegation places. 

Not a fan of it but could see them targeting certain games due to the congestion. 

When you are in Rotherhams position you have to target a win in every game.

On 22/03/2021 at 14:24, bazza said:

The flip side there is that is with a couple of back to back results they can move up the table very quickly.

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Brentford 1-0 down at Huddersfield thanks to another clanger from Raya. Getting rid of him is about the only decision Tony has managed to get right in the last 2 years.

Well given we got much worse in Walton I wouldn't put that down as a correct decision at all. How good Raya is, is another debate but even with his clangers he is miles better than Walton who had more clangers in him and less of the superb saves as well. 

Kaminski for Raya ignoring the Walton debacle (although it really isn't possible to do) seems a decent swap on the face of it for the fees involved. But even Kaminski has looked a bit error prone of late and less of a strong swap than earlier on in the season. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Norwich promoted. I really hate this time of the season. Watching other fans celebrating, with us either playing dead rubbers or looking over our shoulder.

Webber and Farke have done a good job there this season and how they kept most of that squad together and signing players like Gibson and Skipp who have been very good signings for them

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wonder if they will show the same level of disdain this time to promotion, and if their manager will say that he expects them to go back down again. There's a way of doing things.

I would suggested that they will invested in the squad this summer without over spending on fees and wages. 

I have no idea why you have a problem with how they did it last time around when you consider where the club was 2 years before they were in the premier League, they were days away from administration. Did you know this? 

Plus they used the Premier League to build a new training ground, and off the field structures aswell as finance signings this season.