BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Pearson's an odd one. He certainly doesn't fit into the same bracket as the Hughton, Bruce, Warnock, McCarthy's of the Championship who time after time go into clubs and have immediate positive impacts and haul teams into play-off contention.

His job at Leicester was outstanding, but it was a slow-burner and took him 2-3 years to get them into shape with good backing behind them.

He's an odd character and seems to leave clubs in strange circumstances - Leicester, Derby, Watford - and it wouldn't surprise me if he left Bristol in the summer. Obviously I'd rather have him here than Mowbray but I wouldn't see it as an immediate route to promotion as i would the names mentioned above. I also think it could go badly wrong with him - strikes me as a sort of character who players will either love and die for or one where people quickly turn against him and just don't take to his methods. That's before you get round to owners.

Also wouldn't surprise me to see Bristol go after Chris Wilder.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprise Sky are doing the Sheffield game but Derby again. Blimey

Not really - the only story left for Sky is the relegation fight. Rotherham's game tomorrow is being shown and I guess next week's midweek game will be too. The two other clubs really involved are Wednesday and Derby.

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

No Adam Armstrong for efl player of the year. Buendi toney and pukki are nominated 

Not that I’m Armstrong’s biggest fan but given that Harvey Elliott has been nominated for EFL young player of the season, it’s basically about the club rather than the player - including parent club.

• Like 7

Sheffield Wednesday, arguably one of the poorest Championship teams have just conceded a penalty (albeit missed) by trying to play out from the back. It's crazy expecting players with clear inadequacies to play in a way massively above the level of their abilities.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Derby can still go down and it should be an interesting final weekend.

Derby v Sheff Wed

Cardiff v Rotherham

Bottom of the table: 

Screenshot_20210504-212044_Scores.jpg

Rotherham have to win. That will be tough at Cardiff . The Wednesday V Derby could go any way.

Think Rotherham are finished. Our draw was an abysmal result against a side full of heart but short on quality and knackered after a long hard run of games.

Shows up Mowbray's drivel about us being 'jaded' at Sheffield Wednesday.

Can't see Rotherham winning at Cardiff. Hope they do and send the two 'MASSIVE' clubs down. Two less examples of clubs we can't compete with for the two clowns at Rovers on their next excuse giving exercise.

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Derby can still go down and it should be an interesting final weekend.

Derby v Sheff Wed

Cardiff v Rotherham

Bottom of the table: 

Screenshot_20210504-212044_Scores.jpg

Would be quite an escape for Wednesday if they could win 1-0 and Rotherham only draw.

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

Rotherham have to win. That will be tough at Cardiff . The Wednesday V Derby could go any way.

Sheff wed could beat Derby and relegate them on goal diff

Derby have done a few dodgy things and escaped punishment (Selling ground back to themselves, Rooney being a "coach" to avoid FFP sanctions) 

I'd have no problem with them going into league one.

What a day Saturday will be.

If Rotherham fail to win they will be relegated. 

If Derby win they will be safe.

If Sheff W beat Derby they will stay up only if Rotherham fail to win.

If Sheff W draw with Derby and Rotherham win, Wednesday and Derby get relegated.

I think it will be Derby County who will survive. I cannot see Rotherham getting 3 points at Cardiff. And Derby will scrape a draw.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Can stay up on 43 points, makes that 51 of ours even more galling... 

No they can't. They play Sheff W so need at least a draw to make it 44 points. If they lose, Sheff W go above them on goal difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Is that the same Cardiff that has won just one of their last 6 home games and have nothing to play for?

The same Cardiff that has only lost 3 in 21 under McCarthy and are 8th. 

Stranger things have happened and final day can be crazy time but I just don't think it will happen for Rotherham. I hope it does though.

If Derby get the draw (44 points) and Rotherham win (44 points), Rotherham will go above them on goal difference.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would love it; just love it.

Edited by bazza
  • Like 1