BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

8 hours ago, bazza said:

No they can't. They play Sheff W so need at least a draw to make it 44 points. If they lose, Sheff W go above them on goal difference.

So Sheff Wednesday would stay up with 43 points

• Like 1

Can't see Rotherham winning. Shame as they have been dealt a bum deal with Covid. When TM complains about Covid challenges people should point him to Rotherham's situation and highlight that's what a Covid impacted season looks like. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Rotherham had it in their own hands and blew it. No sympathy for them. 3rd relegation in 5 seasons, something not quite right there. They finished below Wycombe ffs. Even the likes of Burton managed to stay up for one season, and Coventry managed it quite comfortably this year. 

Sheff Weds similarly threw it away. In the end Derby simply had more bottle than the teams around them.

Some appalling teams down there though. Keep in mind we went down with 51 points in the 16/17 season. Four years on and we've managed a whole 6 extra points than a season where we were managed by Owen Coyle until February. 

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

Rotherham had it in their own hands and blew it. No sympathy for them. 3rd relegation in 5 seasons, something not quite right there. They finished below Wycombe ffs.

To be fair, Wycombe did well taking it to the last game....they've seemed doomed for months.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

To be fair, Wycombe did well taking it to the last game....they've seemed doomed for months.

I have more sympathy for them than the likes of Rotherham or Sheffield Wednesday. They improved as the season went on and started adapting to the division. If they manage to keep Ainsworth and their squad together there's no reason they can't bounce back at the first attempt. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DE. said:

Rotherham had it in their own hands and blew it. No sympathy for them. 3rd relegation in 5 seasons, something not quite right there. They finished below Wycombe ffs. Even the likes of Burton managed to stay up for one season, and Coventry managed it quite comfortably this year. 

Sheff Weds similarly threw it away. In the end Derby simply had more bottle than the teams around them.

Some appalling teams down there though. Keep in mind we went down with 51 points in the 16/17 season. Four years on and we've managed a whole 6 extra points than a season where we were managed by Owen Coyle until February. 

Very very harsh. Had the worst run in of any team by some distance and only just missed out.

Fatigue had clearly taken over by the end.

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Very very harsh. Had the worst run in of any team by some distance and only just missed out.

Fatigue had clearly taken over by the end.

They ultimately played the same 23 teams x2 as everybody else. Excuses about run-ins are just that, imo, masking the fact the team hasn't performed well over the course of a season. 

I'm sure they'll be back again for the 2022/23 season. Whether we'll still be in the Championship is another question.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DE. said:

They ultimately played the same 23 teams x2 as everybody else. Excuses about run-ins are just that, imo, masking the fact the team hasn't performed well over the course of a season. 

I'm sure they'll be back again for the 2022/23 season. Whether we'll still be in the Championship is another question.

I thought you were a little misguided, now I think you have a vendetta against Rotherham or Warne.

Ridiculous to suggest that Rotherham’s compacted run in was no different to anyone else’s season.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I thought you were a little misguided, now I think you have a vendetta against Rotherham or Warne.

Ridiculous to suggest that Rotherham’s compacted run in was no different to anyone else’s season.

Well, I decided to check the Rotherham forums to see if they were of the same opinion, but most of them seem to be of the same opinion that they just haven't been good enough.

"Our season summed up in that one game. Chances galore to get the job done and in the end we've paid a heavy price for missing them."

"Poor finishing all season, League One quality players not being quite good enough."

"

Same old, same old..................

Why didn't we keep stopping the game with subs and not wait until it was too late...............if's and but's

It's a sorry end, i've had enough of false dawns and silly promises, after watching since 1962, i've done now being a regular season ticket.....just pick and choose..........................................."

"Basically what everyone else has said is spot on. Summed up our season, just not quite good enough. It can be a cruel game at times and today is a fine example. Given the respective budgets we can hold our heads high, to compete and fall just short is gutting but yeah."

"Warny's lack of tactical knowledge let us down again I'm afraid to say  15 mins left we had to put fresh bodies on up top to give them something to think about but instead he let Cardiff push on ..... I do not understand what more warny has to do to show his followers on here just how poor he is tactically."

"What is the point of rotherham ever being in the championship if we don't invest to try at least for top half of the table,having league 1 and 2 players hasn't worked before but yet that's what we always do. We lack the quality and it shows down to bad recruitment/management"

I mean I could go on, but honestly I don't think my opinion is that offensive and seems in line with a lot of Millers fans. I certainly don't think it's enough to accuse me of having a vendetta, anyway. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Well, I decided to check the Rotherham forums to see if they were of the same opinion, but most of them seem to be of the same opinion that they just haven't been good enough.

"Our season summed up in that one game. Chances galore to get the job done and in the end we've paid a heavy price for missing them."

"Poor finishing all season, League One quality players not being quite good enough."

"

Same old, same old..................

Why didn't we keep stopping the game with subs and not wait until it was too late...............if's and but's

It's a sorry end, i've had enough of false dawns and silly promises, after watching since 1962, i've done now being a regular season ticket.....just pick and choose..........................................."

"Basically what everyone else has said is spot on. Summed up our season, just not quite good enough. It can be a cruel game at times and today is a fine example. Given the respective budgets we can hold our heads high, to compete and fall just short is gutting but yeah."

"Warny's lack of tactical knowledge let us down again I'm afraid to say  15 mins left we had to put fresh bodies on up top to give them something to think about but instead he let Cardiff push on ..... I do not understand what more warny has to do to show his followers on here just how poor he is tactically."

"What is the point of rotherham ever being in the championship if we don't invest to try at least for top half of the table,having league 1 and 2 players hasn't worked before but yet that's what we always do. We lack the quality and it shows down to bad recruitment/management"

I mean I could go on, but honestly I don't think my opinion is that offensive and seems in line with a lot of Millers fans. I certainly don't think it's enough to accuse me of having a vendetta, anyway. 

Fans are always critical of their own clubs.

But saying Rotherham’s fixture list was the same as everyone else’s - particularly when the margins were as tight as they were today - is hardly ‘offensive’ but is definitely grossly unfair.

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Fans are always critical of their own clubs.

But saying Rotherham’s fixture list was the same as everyone else’s - particularly when the margins were as tight as they were today - is hardly ‘offensive’ but is definitely grossly unfair.

The compacted fixture list at the end wasn't ideal for them, sure, but I still think it's more about their team just not being Championship standard - as it wasn't the last two times they came up and went straight back down (assume they had more normal run ins then but can't remember). They were in the relegation zone for most of January, February and March (granted 3/4 games behind everyone else, but still, even with 3/4 losses at that point in the season we wouldn't have been there) so I don't think it's the run in that is the primary cause of their relegation, unless you count the entire last half of the season as the run in. I am fairly comfortable with that opinion having browsed their forum for reaction, but I can assure you I have no vendetta against Rotherham and think they're in a good position to bounce back again along with Wycombe. 

Edited by DE.