BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

19 minutes ago, DE. said:

The compacted fixture list at the end wasn't ideal for them, sure, but I still think it's more about their team just not being Championship standard - as it wasn't the last two times they came up and went straight back down (assume they had more normal run ins then but can't remember). They were in the relegation zone for most of January, February and March (granted 3/4 games behind everyone else, but still, even with 3/4 losses at that point in the season we wouldn't have been there) so I don't think it's the run in that is the primary cause of their relegation, unless you count the entire last half of the season as the run in. I am fairly comfortable with that opinion having browsed their forum for reaction, but I can assure you I have no vendetta against Rotherham and think they're in a good position to bounce back again along with Wycombe. 

Rooney’s Derby aren’t Championship standard either. They couldn’t even take points from us!

10 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I've noticed that he's been campaigning against Rotherham and Warne all season. #DEOut!

Hey, these Ipswich woolly-backs aren’t like us you know! He’s probably a Mick McCarthy fan still.

(Only joking @DE. I love you really)

Edited by Stuart

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I've noticed that he's been campaigning against Rotherham and Warne all season. #DEOut!

Damn, rumbled! 

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Romney’s Derby aren’t Championship standard either. They couldn’t even take points from us!

Hey, these Ipswich woolly-backs aren’t like us you know! He’s probably a Mick McCarthy fan still.

(Only joking @DE. I love you really)

I agree with you there, I actually think now that Wycombe have adapted a bit to the Championship they are better than Derby. Unfortunately their poor start doomed them. 

Thanks for the love, I'll try to overlook your affection for Rotherham but can't promise anything 🧐

• Like 1

Rotherham lack 3 or 4 championship quality players. If their had a championship quality striker than they would have stayed up. Lewis Wing was a good loan signing for them. I expect them to win league 1 next season under Paul Warne

On Rooney and Derby's season. I think its been a complete mess off the field and its affect the players there. But their recruitment last summer was poor and Cocu's poor start cost them. these takeovers that failed are a problem also. Rooney needs to get his recruitment right this summer. Listening to his post match interview, Rooney sounded like he wants the takeover sorted and start recruiting players. Expect a overhaul of that squad there. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Damn, rumbled! 

I agree with you there, I actually think now that Wycombe have adapted a bit to the Championship they are better than Derby. Unfortunately their poor start doomed them. 

Thanks for the love, I'll try to overlook your affection for Rotherham but can't promise anything 🧐

To be honest I think my affection was aimed more towards Paul Warne. Not often you see a manager choke up and fight back the tears in a post-match interview.

Being so close and having it snatched away must have really hurt.

Meanwhile our manager is not interested in where we finish.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

To be honest I think my affection was aimed more towards Paul Warne. Not often you see a manager choke up and fight back the tears in a post-match interview.

Being so close and having it snatched away must have really hurt.

Meanwhile our manager is not interested in where we finish.

Assuming Warne sticks around I'm sure they'll be back. They have getting promoted from League 1 down to a science at this point! Just need to have a serious review next time they get promoted to ensure the mistakes of the last three relegations are learned from. 

As for Mowbray, I just want him gone. I don't know if I can stomach another season of failure with him at the helm. 

4 hours ago, DE. said:

I have more sympathy for them than the likes of Rotherham or Sheffield Wednesday. They improved as the season went on and started adapting to the division. If they manage to keep Ainsworth and their squad together there's no reason they can't bounce back at the first attempt. 

There are a few teams in league 1 that might disagree with you

• Like 1

Are we allowed to warn about the potential dangers of breaching FFP again if both Sheffield Wed and Derby go down due to FFP-related penalties? 😉

(Tongue half in cheek of course haha 🙃. Covid repercussions obviously the elephant in the room for any FFP breaches in the near future...)

Considering their financial chicanery, more than happy to see both go down, and credit to Wycombe who looked well off any chance of survival to start the year!

Will be curious to read the final verdict as it seems Derby are still cleared on the stadium sale, which was the bigger potential breach, but this is apparently regarding their fiddling with amortisation. All it will take is 1 point... (edit: ah, scratch that as they'd still be ahead of Wycombe on GD if they lose only 1 point)

Edited by RoverCanada

A few thoughts on this. 

You have had manure and spurs complaining about fixture congestion this season, both with more squad depth then Rotherham (even factoring in it's not a like for like comparison.) So to say fatigue isn't a real factor for them seems very harsh indeed. Not surprising that it was a late equaliser that they conceded, fatigue levels must have been high indeed.  Given it was so close I'd agree with those saying that it was the difference maker in them going down. 

On Derby no way will it count for this season, but hopefully next. Not that Sky will want that for Rooney, not that I imagine he will stay if they do get a points deduction. I've a feeling though this will take a while to be resolved. 

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting start to the Brentford v Bournemouth play off match. Bournemouth take the lead with a swift counter attack from a Brentford corner when the home defence literally, go awol. Brentford equalise with a penalty which frankly isn't one. It's going to be a tough shift for the referee.

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bloody awful so far by the Ref.

Cant see the match finishing 11 aside and would be delighted to see the arrogant Toney get a red.

Definitely not a penalty.

I dislike Bournemouth the least.

They definitely like the London clubs at this level. Even the commentators are biassed. Let's hope Brentford don't win and Toney goes to the Premiership to get found out by a few competent refs (John Moss excepted -terrible ref)

• Like 1

I now live in the hope and expectation of a Raya moment in the Final.

Bournemouth scuppered by a Ref bottling it and awarding a dreadful penalty and the early red card.

It probably makes Brentford favs to go up but I hope the pricks fail.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Bournemouth, WBA, Sheffield United all need new manager before the new season so it will be interest who they appoint

Wouldn't be surprise if Frank Lampard took the Bournemouth job

Sheffield United looks likely to appoint Jokanovic as next boss

Don't see WIlder getting the WBA unless he accepts Luke Dowling role as Sporting Director or he gets his wishes and Dowling role is removed or change and he gets overall charge. Other possible candidates could be Steve Cooper, Karl Robinson or Valerien Ismael. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bournemouth, WBA, Sheffield United all need new manager before the new season so it will be interest who they appoint

Wouldn't be surprise if Frank Lampard took the Bournemouth job

Sheffield United looks likely to appoint Jokanovic as next boss

Don't see WIlder getting the WBA unless he accepts Luke Dowling role as Sporting Director or he gets his wishes and Dowling role is removed or change and he gets overall charge. Other possible candidates could be Steve Cooper, Karl Robinson or Valerien Ismael. 

Wonder why Mowbray is never linked with these jobs. There is no better manager out there. He should have loads of options.

• Like 5