1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was simple question which you refuse to answer so I will ask again Are you renewing your season ticket this coming season?

My point on Mowbray should be sack stands. He should have been fired already but somehow he has managed to escape. This coming season he will be under huge pressure from fans when we are back inside the stadium. Hopefully I will see you in there. 

Will you be getting a season ticket next season after not getting one this year?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mick is in a lot of ways the total opposite to Mowbray. Keeps things simple, plays everybody in their best positions, sticks to tried-and-tested formations and makes his teams hard to beat - building

I'm one of those people that wasn't sucked in by an admittedly very impressive couple of wins against dreadful sides early doors. The 'brilliant start' lasted about 4-5 games and saw us peak at about

Selective use of stats. PNE have 4 pts from the last 6 games. We have 6 pts from the last 6 games. PNE have 8pts from the last 10 games. We have 7pts from the last 10 games.  They've wo

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Will you be getting a season ticket next season after not getting one this year?

Yes I will getting one as long as we are allow inside stadium to watch my team. I dont want to watch entire season on a stream. Not used to following my club that way. My step-daughter is looking forward to watching them. Other friends are renewing. We just want to get back some normality of life after being on lockdown measures and restrictions for over 15 months now. 

27 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Brentford 2 up and by far the best side.

Mowbray probably on holiday not even watching.

Mowbray Out !

This season just gets worse. 

Just listening to the anthems in the background before the game.

It really gets to me that virtually every sporting event plays the anthem seemingly at double speed. Not only does this spoil it somewhat for fans trying to sing along, surely rushing the anthem is an insult to the nation? It is particularly obvious abroad at major championships, but the singer just then refused to speed up Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau to fit the tune. Props to him for doing it properly.

As for the game, I'd really hoped Bournemouth then Swansea beat Brentford but fair play to them. They're clearly better than their competitors and deserve to go up.

39 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

We get a bit of extra cash for Raya's promotion (assuming they dont cock it up) ?

So it has been said. I don't know how much though.

It's an interesting one, which way will work out best for our finances, as there were rumours Arsenal were going to come in for him again. Probably not going to happen if they go up.

If he reaches the Prem and stays Brentford's number one, then an excellent season could see him in demand at a very tasty price, and of course we have a sell-on. On the other hand, if he flounders and shows he isn't up to that level, we will probably never hear those figures again that were quoted last summer.

At least if they go up, which looks likely, the money is guaranteed. However much that is.

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We'll be due another £2m from the Raya deal if it continues like this. That's a third of a BB, or a full AA (and a bit more). 

If it turns out that we get 5 million for him, I think that's approaching getting a pretty reasonable deal. 

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

If it turns out that we get 5 million for him, I think that's approaching getting a pretty reasonable deal. 

I think it was in the LT or LL the other week that it was £3m initially with a promotion bonus taking it to £5m.

Thought it looked a blatant red in real time but the replay shows it was an accident and ended up looking like a lunge 

Effectively ended any chance of a comeback, not that they showed any signs of it 

Can't say Brentford didn't deserve it. Not a single shot on target for Swansea and they just didn't look up for it at all. 

40 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Glad Brentford went up. More money for us and proves TM talks bull saying you need £109+ million to get promoted. 

The kind of structure Brentford have - which has produced consistent results year after year and resulted in them ultimately playing in the Premier League for the first time in their history - is so far beyond Venky's that it's depressing to even think about. Compare the dysfunctional mess we call a 'structure' to Brentford's model and it is night and day - the difference between an owner who genuinely wants the club to succeed and owners who are content with just keeping the lights on and paying the bills. 

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you need good coaching,astute scouting and a consistent game plan,none of which are present at ewood😪

Indeed. Two of the four playoff teams didn't have parachute payments showing it is not the magic ingredient needed for promotion. Not that the clown will ever be called out on it. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

The kind of structure Brentford have - which has produced consistent results year after year and resulted in them ultimately playing in the Premier League for the first time in their history - is so far beyond Venky's that it's depressing to even think about. Compare the dysfunctional mess we call a 'structure' to Brentford's model and it is night and day - the difference between an owner who genuinely wants the club to succeed and owners who are content with just keeping the lights on and paying the bills. 

No arguments here. Although with our advantages - fan base and academy, 4 years in the job and being bullet proof even with the loons in charge you would think the conditions are there to be a bit closer to that model. 

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I see Raya still looks crap against crosses

Is that you Tony? Them grapes must taste very bitter indeed.

In other news, yet another ex Rovers player now in the PL. It used to be that leaving Rovers was a curse, now it’s a blessing!

Mowbray out! Venkys act!

Looks like Rovers don't copy the Brentford model. We prefer to use the Grimsby Town model.

Brentford deserved to win today. Very surprised how poor Swansea was and they never got going. Will be interested in Cooper stays at Swansea next season. 

Didn't think it was a red card. Disappointed Fulton was given a red for that. 

Posted (edited)

I was just disappointed Brentford won. Family members down in London support them. We used to be able to look down on them. And Brentford are nasty, niggly little team. I watched a rugby match yesterday that was absolutely brutal.  Brentford's players should be embarrassed at the ease with which they went down as though dying, only to get up and play on without a care in the world. I'm not impressed with Swansea, but Brentford in the PL just feels all wrong to me.

Edited by gumboots
53 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I was just disappointed Brentford won. Family members down in London support them. We used to be able to look down on them. And Brentford are nasty, niggly little team. I watched a rugby match yesterday that was absolutely brutal.  Brentford's players should be embarrassed at the ease with which they went down as though dying, only to get up and play on without a care in the world. I'm not impressed with Swansea, but Brentford in the PL just feels all wrong to me.

I thought a Swansea sending off looked likely from very early in the game. You expect players to be pumped up for such a big game, but Swansea channelled that in the wrong way.

The eventual red card was perhaps a little unlucky, but the game was probably lost  by then, and the right team won.

Fair play to Brentford. Just because they aren’t a big name, fashionable club, you get what you deserve. That’s why they are where they are and we are where we are.

10 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Looks like a reasonable deal until one remembers that we then went and spunked it all on Sam Gallagher. 

15 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

We get a bit of extra cash for Raya's promotion (assuming they dont cock it up) ?

Chortle!

What a pity it will be pished up against the wall of chumps, cronies and journeymen we are supposed to believe are playing for the badge.

Having a manager with a track record of dismal failure, a reputation for being asleep at the wheel whilst not giving a fook, and demonstrable skills only in gurning and spouting shite doesn't sound to me like a recipe for anything other than another season of having our heads rammed firmly down the bog.

Get the cash for Raya in, but....

Mowbray Out!, Waggot Out!, Cheating Guring Liars OUT!