BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Kean on TalkSport very soon

Thanks - I thought I had seen something. It's galling to think that the authorities had evidence handed to them on a plate and still chose not to pursue what seemed to be an open and closed case.

I'm sure I read that the NDC's and sweeteners last ten years. If true I hope some of the people who signed them to public and embarrass the shysters involved.

• Moderation Lead
34 minutes ago, 47er said:

That's part of the dossier that Glen Mullen published isn't it? Was unequivocal about that as I recall.

Been a while since I heard the dossier mentioned! Vintage BRFCS.

• Like 1

There was absolutely crystal clear conflict of interest going on at Ewood but the snake seemed to have it stitched up legally.

I'm sure a real investigation would have thrown up enough evidence to undermine that but they didn't want to know.  Who knows who he had in his pockets and also once you do that with one club then several others come forward demanding the same. That shouldn't be a problem it's what the authorities are there for.

Sadly they just set a few guidelines that allow a multitude of grey areas in between. That it seems then allows those running the game to remain absolved of any real responsibility. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A finders fee went into his pockets from both sides.....

The gist of it Rovers were looking for a buyer, that lot were looking for a football club.

The key point is---did either side know that the intermediaries were working on behalf of the other side as well? I'm assuming they didn't but I don't  actually know.

If they didn't surely that's very dodgy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

The key point is---did either side know that the intermediaries were working on behalf of the other side as well? I'm assuming they didn't but I don't  actually know.

If they didn't surely that's very dodgy?

Seems to me it was the perfect storm.

The Trust were getting desperate after nearly allowing themselves to be conned the first time round. Then he digs up a firm and family that checks out financially on the face of it.  From the Indian side he presents them a club whose saleable assets on the books match the asking price and whose wage bill is all but covered by Prem income.

The nitty gritty will be far more interesting but he certainly did a snake oil job on both sides so iv'e no doubt they were happy to tip up their million quid each.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Seems to me it was the perfect storm.

The Trust were getting desperate after nearly allowing themselves to be conned the first time round. Then he digs up a firm and family that checks out financially on the face of it.  From the Indian side he presents them a club whose saleable assets on the books match the asking price and whose wage bill is all but covered by Prem income.

The nitty gritty will be far more interesting but he certainly did a snake oil job on both sides so iv'e no doubt they were happy to tip up their million quid each.

But there is a clear conflict of interest unless both sides knew.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

But there is a clear conflict of interest unless both sides knew.

They probably did, Trust/Walkers really really wanted rid and they or rather one of them really wanted a football club. He was the ultimate middleman it seems but we are just dealing with it on face value.

How it all came about may be far more interesting yet it seems the twohat stayed one step ahead of any potential recourse.

I was always amazed that Saint John Williams got such an easy ride. After he was promoted to Exec Chairman I’m sure I remember an LT article where he said it freed him up to pursue his main objective of finding a buyer. Given he already knew Anderson - dealt with him when recruiting Steve Kean - pound to a penny he recommended giving the assignment to Anderson.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I was always amazed that Saint John Williams got such an easy ride. After he was promoted to Exec Chairman I’m sure I remember an LT article where he said it freed him up to pursue his main objective of finding a buyer. Given he already knew Anderson - dealt with him when recruiting Steve Kean - pound to a penny he recommended giving the assignment to Anderson.

But didn't he (along with Finn and Goodman) write to the Raos advising them that Anderson's involvement in transfers was a huge transgression. If that had prompted an investigation into Andersons conduct surely he would have been complicit. Either way John there are more questions than answers and my hope is that somebody like Williams or Finn will someday search their conscience and spills the beans on the whole sordid affair.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But didn't he (along with Finn and Goodman) write to the Raos advising them that Anderson's involvement in transfers was a huge transgression. If that had prompted an investigation into Andersons conduct surely he would have been complicit. Either way John there are more questions than answers and my hope is that somebody like Williams or Finn will someday search their conscience and spills the beans on the whole sordid affair.

I thought that was a classic case of stable door bolting, he probably didn’t know the depth of Anderson’s relationship with the Raos. Doesn’t change the fact that our nemesis Anderson was invited in through the front door by someone who either should’ve known better or done more homework.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They hired Anderson to find a buyer not run the club himself but essentially that's what happened.

Hiring a bank robber to collect the shop takings. He’d been such a trustworthy paragon of virtue until then too...! The amount of time Willians had been in the game dealing with agents, including Anderson, and he had no idea the man couldn’t be trusted??

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Hiring a bank robber to collect the shop takings. He’d been such a trustworthy paragon of virtue until then too...! The amount of time Willians had been in the game dealing with agents, including Anderson, and he had no idea the man couldn’t be trusted??

I guess it just shows you how desperate the then owners were to get rid. I'm sure the wheels were well greased all along the chain.

Often wondered if Williams reluctance to get involved after he'd gone and it was all going to shit was down to a bit of a guilt trip. His fingerprints were on it if he hired Anderson and ok'd the Venkys although in truth the big decisions then were higher up the food chain.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

e.g The infamous John Obi Mikel shenanigans between Chelsea and ManU -at least six years before his involvement with Rovers!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

e.g The infamous John Obi Mikel shenanigans between Chelsea and ManU -at least six years before his involvement with Rovers!

Exactly. It would astound me if the recommendation to give Anderson the sales brief hadn’t come from Williams, who should have known better given he’d spent a big chunk of the previous decade dealing with such snakes. Maybe JW thought he could manage him but was subsequently comprehensively out-manoeuvred.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 17:09, Exiled in Toronto said:

Exactly. It would astound me if the recommendation to give Anderson the sales brief hadn’t come from Williams, who should have known better given he’d spent a big chunk of the previous decade dealing with such snakes. Maybe JW thought he could manage him but was subsequently comprehensively out-manoeuvred.

Called Kean a true professional as well. Many journalists considered Agnew one of the worst PR men in the league. The club had the mentality of "oh well let's just speak to the Lancashire Telegraph it's all Rovers fans read and we can easily control Nield (and Cryer for a couple of years)". 

The trustees were already tied up in legal action with other grasping scum who deeply resented Jack's backing of Rovers. They did a lazy enough job of selling the club why make more work for themselves? ?

Maybe there still is a NDA. Perhaps the 20th anniversary of Jack's death would be a good time to break it. Could be a notable date for other reasons too aside from obvious. 

Edited by Vinjay

On 10/08/2020 at 17:44, RoversClitheroe said:

Did anyone ever try to take legal action?

Yeah the Trust & some of Jacks clan, amongst each other !!!  They weren't bothered.

Allegedly there was an out of court settlement between Vs & some part of the tantric ones mob, not sure if that was even real or just to pacify prying eyes. 

Unfortunately, it's always the fanbase who are left to pick up the pieces.

Even stalwarts like John Williams and Tom Finn rode off into the sunset, despite seeing all the good work they put into the club down the years be completely undone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yeah the Trust & some of Jacks clan, amongst each other !!!  They weren't bothered.

Allegedly there was an out of court settlement between Vs & some part of the tantric ones mob, not sure if that was even real or just to pacify prying eyes. 

No allegedly about it .

"

The MoS obtained documents detailing Venky's legal battle with Kentaro, a fight both sides wanted kept secret. I took them to the FA's head of integrity, Newton, spreading them across his desk at Wembley Stadium in 2012.

'Where the hell did you get these?' he said, incredulous. He had no idea a club under the FA's jurisdiction was at war with an FA commercial partner. No action was taken.

Venky's settled out of court with Kentaro after several years."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480682/Who-guilty-trashing-historic-club-like-Blackburn.html

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

No allegedly about it .

"

The MoS obtained documents detailing Venky's legal battle with Kentaro, a fight both sides wanted kept secret. I took them to the FA's head of integrity, Newton, spreading them across his desk at Wembley Stadium in 2012.

'Where the hell did you get these?' he said, incredulous. He had no idea a club under the FA's jurisdiction was at war with an FA commercial partner. No action was taken.

Venky's settled out of court with Kentaro after several years."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4480682/Who-guilty-trashing-historic-club-like-Blackburn.html

Thanks for posting Perth. Having a refresh on the whole sorry escapade reinforces my intense dislike of our owners.

But nevermind, they are paying the bills eh.............. ???

• Like 4