BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Worst Rovers signing ever?

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Keith Andrews wasn't awful. He was brought in two divisions up by a manager who was already disliked. Keith tried his best for us but he didn't have the quality for the Prem.

I'll never knock a player who gives his best for the Rovers even in spite of fans cat-calling him. You cannot have him in the same pigeon hole as Murphy, Orr, Best and Duffy.

We were in the Prem at the time - he was awful for Rovers. Fabulous L1 player though, I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Grabbi  by a country mile for me

The story goes Souness wanted a centre forward and asked his team to go out and get the top scorer in Serie B.

We ended up with a (homesick) player who considered himself a no 7 for a price at which you could apparently have bought the town his parent Club was in, let alone the Club or the player.

Bloody hell, is that true?

Imagine being that cavalier with someone else's money. 

22 hours ago, Amo said:

Did Andrews give his best? I don't remember him throwing his body on the line that often. He was another Lowe. Covered a lot of grass while doing very little.

Andrews tends to get a pass because we had Lowe and Petrovic soon after and they were even more ineffectual.

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57322352

Couldn't find the appropriate topic but the odious two hat fits in this one pretty well. Bradley Orr continuing to be a prized and utter pillock. 

Belongs in ICBINF. An insidious and divisive place I have very happily avoided for several years now.

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Belongs in ICBINF. An insidious and divisive place I have very happily avoided for several years now.

It’s been discussed in another thread already. Not sure ICBINF would be the right place for it tbh.

On 18/08/2020 at 01:10, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, is that true?

Imagine being that cavalier with someone else's money. 

Perhaps he could be forgiven, for bringing in the Turkish Delight, but there were some very dodgy stories going around about some of his signings, allegedly. 

• Backroom

I was reading an article the other day and was surprised to see Grabbi's name pop up. Moise Kean was talking about him.

“Corrado Grabbi was like a father to me. He was the coach who took me off the street and made me realise what football and life are all about.

Had no idea Grabbi was Juventus' under-15 coach. Sounds like he's much better at that than he was as a player!

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not to mention Murphys mate...Central midfield. Forgets his name.

dickson etuhu!!

the portugese lot signed by keane take some beating🤢i thought at the time,if you are any good you`re going to be playing for one the big three,i.e benfica,sporting or porto you aint going to sign for a team in northen england you`ve most likely never heard of and have no idea where it is

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well the story has nothing to do with football.

Well no, but Bradley Orr used to play for us (as much as I’d be happy to forget that he did), so I reckon it’s fair enough in here....

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57322352

Couldn't find the appropriate topic but the odious two hat fits in this one pretty well. Bradley Orr continuing to be a prized and utter pillock. 

And to think he's a multi-milliionaire who stole a living from us and other clubs.

Not the worst player we've had but certainly the biggest prat