BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

Don’t know if this has been asked but what would have happened if Sunderland got to the EFL Trophy final today?

Would they have to defend it tomorrow??

What is happening to the trophy? They get it for one night?

Mad.

Also, Salford City can do one.

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don’t know if this has been asked but what would have happened if Sunderland got to the EFL Trophy final today?

Would they have to defend it tomorrow??

What is happening to the trophy? They get it for one night?

Mad.

Also, Salford City can do one.

Think today’s winners get a Papa Johns instead 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We truly are living in strange times. I never thought that I'd see Jason Lowe score the winning penalty in a Wembley final.

He contributed absolutely nothing all game 🤣

His career fascinates me.

On 13/03/2021 at 18:05, JHRover said:

Incredible run for Hasselbaink at Burton. Hammered Crewe away today who are a strong side at home. Something like 9 in 11 or 10 in 12 since he took over.

Hasn't he done well in a couple of roles? If so another worth a punt on to replace TM? 

34 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Hasn't he done well in a couple of roles? If so another worth a punt on to replace TM? 

Not sure. He did very well at Burton first time around in getting them out of League Two and top of League One. Nigel Clough the finished the job and got them to the Championship.

At QPR and Northampton he struggled, though most managers seem to struggle at those clubs.

Doing an unbelievable job now though. Maybe Burton is the right fit for him.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 18:08, S8 & Blue said:

He contributed absolutely nothing all game 🤣

His career fascinates me.

https://www.facebook.com/SalfordCityFC/videos/jason-lowe-after-scoring-the-winning-penalty-/747226372853952/

"Didn't expect that..."

"I'm full of surprises, pal, I'm full of surprises!"

Jason Lowe, after scoring the winning penalty in the EFL Trophy at Wembley for Salford City.

(For anyone who doesn't want to click the link)

Edited by riverholmes

If someone had said a few years ago that Jason Lowe would score a winning penalty in a shoot-out at a near empty Wembley in 2021 I'd have assumed we'd carried on falling through the leagues and it was a National League play-off final or something.

Still can't believe we haven't played at the 'new' Wembley by the way, we must be the biggest English club yet to play there surely. And to think if Pedersen's header v Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final had gone in we'd have been one of the first.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, frosty said:

Still can't believe we haven't played at the 'new' Wembley by the way, we must be the biggest English club yet to play there surely. And to think if Pedersen's header v Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final had gone in we'd have been one of the first.

There are 8 league clubs left who haven't played at the new Wembley last time I read.

Nottingham Forest and probably Ipswich are the other two stand out names.

The others are Port Vale, Oldham, Crawley, Colchester and Accy.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not sure. He did very well at Burton first time around in getting them out of League Two and top of League One. Nigel Clough the finished the job and got them to the Championship.

At QPR and Northampton he struggled, though most managers seem to struggle at those clubs.

Doing an unbelievable job now though. Maybe Burton is the right fit for him.

Hasslebaink’s return to Burton coincided with the club giving him significant budget in January compared to the previous manager. Carter was one of a number of new signings.

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

There are 8 league clubs left who haven't played at the new Wembley last time I read.

Nottingham Forest and probably Ipswich are the other two stand out names.

The others are Port Vale, Oldham, Crawley, Colchester and Accy.

And four of those are founder members of the Premier League.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

He paid a couple of million pounds. Let's see what happens with them in coming years first

Doesn't matter what he paid. Maybe it will be good, maybe it will be bad. Nobody knows. But it proves there are people out there who will buy these north west town clubs when they fall on hard times.

I keep being told that if Venkys leave Blackburn Rovers goes the same way as Bury. Bolton and Wigan have both come through difficulties and are looking forward with optimism debt free. 

Why couldn't Blackburn Rovers do that?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

Carter has scored again for Burton, leading 1-0 at Blackpool.

he scored at luton for us when he played to albeit in the wrong net. maybe he is a striker after all this time and tony had one of his gallagher moments and popped him at CB. Least we dont have to worry about arma leaving anymore