BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Doesn't matter what he paid. Maybe it will be good, maybe it will be bad. Nobody knows. But it proves there are people out there who will buy these north west town clubs when they fall on hard times.

I keep being told that if Venkys leave Blackburn Rovers goes the same way as Bury. Bolton and Wigan have both come through difficulties and are looking forward with optimism debt free. 

Why couldn't Blackburn Rovers do that?

Of course he matters what he paid considering during the administration process they lost all the good players, a manager and training ground. 

Anyone looking to buy Rovers will have finance 20 mil a season to cover the losses each season to keep it afloat. Any new potential new Blackburn owners will need a radical plan to stop such losses, get more supporters in and reinvest in new board and football management structure. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course he matters what he paid considering during the administration process they lost all the good players, a manager and training ground. 

Anyone looking to buy Rovers will have finance 20 mil a season to cover the losses each season to keep it afloat. Any new potential new Blackburn owners will need a radical plan to stop such losses, get more supporters in and reinvest in new board and football management structure. 

A radical plan like a serious attempt to get back in the Premier League instead of a journey to nowhere?

Must be someone out there that thinks  this is achievable obviously over the last 8 years that thought does not seem to be on the radar. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But there's where we will have to disagree. 

£20 million annual losses at Rovers are not natural nor necessary. They are inflated due to the choices these owners have made. These include neglecting commercial and corporate income streams, pitiful sponsorship, no commercial director and employing substandard salesmen like Waggott on 300k a year plus god only knows what Pasha takes home for his services.

Why do we need to lose £20 million a year when PNE, Millwall etc. with gates that should be less than ours lose half that normally, yet still out perform us on the pitch?

Any alternative owners with interest and skill would be able to drastically reduce the 20 million figure. It won't take a radical plan. Just the basics of care and employing adequate staff.

Yes we will still lose substantial amounts, as does everyone and so will Wigan if they intend on getting back to the Championship. You have to assume their prospective new owners will have done the sums on that and have a plan.

The fact remains that as things stand Wigan may well survive in League One, be debt free and under ownership. We keep being told that Venkys are the only option if this club wants to remain in business

I dont agree. It be painful in the short-term but there will be options out there.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

A radical plan like a serious attempt to get back in the Premier League instead of a journey to nowhere?

Must be someone out there that thinks  this is achievable obviously 

Yes a plan to get to Premier League though new football management team new modern Tickets plans( @Miller11 Came up with some good ideas on this previously) increase our commercial and Sponsorship deals through new director in that department, etc

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

no commercial director

We do have head of commercial and marketing in Greg Coar. But his role isn't a director level for some reason. Wasn't when Dave Biggar was here his role when here was Commercial director? So wasnt isnt Greg Coar's role a director level position? 

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why do we need to lose £20 million a year when PNE, Millwall etc. with gates that should be less than ours lose half that normally, yet still out perform us on the pitch?

What's their income against their expenditure? Compare to us. I dont know so why I am asking. 

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

any alternative owners with interest and skill would be able to drastically reduce the 20 million figure. It won't take a radical plan. Just the basics of care and employing adequate staff.

When I said radical plan. I talking about new overall strategy in running the club like New football management structure including New CEO, 4 directors, Sporting Director and head coach. New matchday and Season ticket holders prices and plans( @Miller11's ideas on this I like), re-engageing with fanbase including past season ticket holders or match day buyers, maybe live music from local artists and bands pre match and after match if the demand is there from the fanbase, keep supporting the community trust work with children who attend games and use the family stand, owner meeting fans, etc. 

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes we will still lose substantial amounts, as does everyone and so will Wigan if they intend on getting back to the Championship. You have to assume their prospective new owners will have done the sums on that and have a plan.

The fact remains that as things stand Wigan may well survive in League One, be debt free and under ownership. We keep being told that Venkys are the only option if this club wants to remain in business

Let's see what the new owner does first. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What's their income against their expenditure? Compare to us. I dont know so why I am asking. 

A quick look at the most recently available accounts I have access to:

Millwall (19/20)

Revenue 16.427m

Staff Costs 18.934m

PNE (18/19)

Revenue 13.808m

Staff Costs 19.701m

Rovers (18/19)

Revenue 16.7m

Staff Costs 22.4m

I'll put this here as it seems to fit. The sexual abuse in football report came out yesterday; Sheldon report into sexual abuse details the horror in the 'beautiful game' | Football | The Guardian

Primarily looking into the Barry Bennell fiasco it detailed that lots of it could have been stopped early if not for inaction from those at the top. Although not implicated as a suspect Dario Gradi gets a special mention due to his mismanagement and ignorance of it at 2 clubs. 

I know the world was a different place in the 70's and 80's but it should have been stopped a lot earlier than it did.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

From the club statement...

“We want them to be playing aggressive football both with and without the ball, and have a right good go at these remaining 11 games. 

😁

🤣🤣 he’s definitely the stand out candidate then 

Win win really for Bowyer. A few months management job on the doorstep. Do well and there's a potential promotion or long term deal, but if not then he can simply go back to Derby's academy. 

Surprised Salford have gone for him though.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Strange appointment, the intention is for him to go back to Derby in the summer so it is very much a short term one geared to get them in the play offs, something he has never shown the ability to do.

He took Blackpool to the league 2 playoffs final and won the final. 

13 hours ago, only2garners said:

He’s not even a regular in Shrewsbury’s starting line up. In the last 6 games he has started 3, in all of which he was substituted. In the other 3 he was on the bench and came on late twice.

He seems to either score or make a goal every time he plays. They aren’t tap ins either. They love him down there.

7 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Strange one seeing Nicky Butt as current favourite for the PNE job. No management experience. Can't see it happening. Had a quick look a their supporters forum and they don't seem too convinced. Ainsworth seems to be their preferred choice.

Don't underestimate the long standing relationship between the 2 clubs, from very young at academy level they exchange players, so makes sense to me.

A team managed by Gary Bowyer with Jason Lowe in midfield going down to a defeat to remain six points off the play offs? Sounds very familiar....

(Even though, in terms of league position, that’s as good as it’s been for us since relegation - which is frightening)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

Dyche is a canny manager. Mowbray is naive.

Which might be excused or forgiven if Mowbray was in his first year or two of management. But he's been a manager for over 15 years and made the same mistakes everywhere he's been.

There's nothing filling me with dread more right now than another summer and season of Mowbray going through the motions again.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Which might be excused or forgiven if Mowbray was in his first year or two of management. But he's been a manager for over 15 years and made the same mistakes everywhere he's been.

There's nothing filling me with dread more right now than another summer and season of Mowbray going through the motions again.

To me the solution seems quite simple. If Mowbray is still in charge next season, don't go.

• Like 3