BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

To me the solution seems quite simple. If Mowbray is still in charge next season, don't go.

That's a decision I may well make and judging by what I hear from others they have similar doubts.

I don't think it is a solution. Venkys will let Mowbray carry on with 1000 a week turning up and Waggott wouldn't give a stuff.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's a decision I may well make and judging by what I hear from others they have similar doubts.

I don't think it is a solution. Venkys will let Mowbray carry on with 1000 a week turning up and Waggott wouldn't give a stuff.

For me it is a solution. the same as with everything in my life. If I don't like something, I will not buy it. If I want a Rovers fix I will go and watch the U23s

50 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me it is a solution. the same as with everything in my life. If I don't like something, I will not buy it. If I want a Rovers fix I will go and watch the U23s

Yeah, but at a normal club it would achieve change as the owners or board would read the fans' feelings and eventually act on them.

Here Tony and Steve would rattle around in a 90% empty stadium as safe as houses and the owners wouldn't do anything.

it might make us as fans feel better to deprive them of our cash and support but they just don't care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Read a good stat in The Times this morning.

Since automatic promotion and relegation was introduced between League 2/Fourth Division and non league in 1987, all 49 promoted sides stayed up in their first season.

Shows the strength of the pyramid in this country and just how disgraceful the antics of the ‘big 6’ were...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Well done Stanley for turning up and playing their last game as if it was the seasons first ..beating Pompey and sending Oxford into the Play Offs in their place .

"Sorry sir, im going to have to remove you from the Play Offs .."  courtesy of the Oxford forum ..

6277-0d984cb57e44a5030654435ec5ccabdb.jpg

On 14/04/2021 at 17:32, only2garners said:

Hayden Carter scored again last night for Burton.

He's been an ever present since going on loan in January - 18 games, 12 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. He's scored 4 himself and the defence with him in it have conceded only 10.

Pity he's been  playing for someone else and not for us!!!

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/10/nottingham-forest-plotting-major-rebuild-afterunderwhelming/

Just read this article on Forest. Its enough to make me weep.

They've had a dismal season, yet their owner is going to ring the changes to sort it out and have them at the other end of the league.

Owner is going to invest this summer to support Hughton.

Hughton and key staff travelling to Athens soon for talks with owners.

Determination to achieve Category 1 academy status and investment being made to secure it.

Compare to our shower. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/10/nottingham-forest-plotting-major-rebuild-afterunderwhelming/

Just read this article on Forest. Its enough to make me weep.

They've had a dismal season, yet their owner is going to ring the changes to sort it out and have them at the other end of the league.

Owner is going to invest this summer to support Hughton.

Hughton and key staff travelling to Athens soon for talks with owners.

Determination to achieve Category 1 academy status and investment being made to secure it.

Compare to our shower. 

This is Wayne Rooney this morning in my paper -

“ I’ve had plans for playing in the Championship next season as well as in League One. I’ve got a lot of work done. My pre-season is done, my pre-season fixtures are done. Everything is done “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This Wayne Rooney this morning in my paper -

“ I’ve had plans for playing in the Championshipnext season as well as in League One. I’ve got a lot of work done. My pre-season is done, my pre-season fixtures are done. Everything is done “.

Morbary this morning, allegedly:

'' I haven't checked the Table. When does next season start? I live a long way from home, can I have a lift Stewy, you can have a new contract. Oh and crack on with Brockhall Maggs''

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Morbary this morning, allegedly:

'' I haven't checked the Table. When does next season start? I live a long way from home, can I have a lift Stewy, you can have a new contract. Oh and crack on with Brockhall Maggs''

Even if true, some people would still buy season tickets. 

Interested to see how the appointment at Deepdale goes.

My footballing memory bank makes me feel like I've seen the "number two steps forward to lead the team temporarily until the end of the season.....does a decent job......gets the full time gig......then struggles the year afterwards...." before, and it doesn't usually end in much success.

Paul Gallagher in as 1st Team Coach also screams a bit of fan appeasement.

Will be intrigued to see what happens.............................no doubt we'll finish just behind them as per usual!! 😄

20 of the 2021/22 Championship teams are now sorted, looking like it'll be a strong league next season...Perenial yo-yo clubs like West Brom and Fulham back, plus the three who miss out in the playoffs.

Combined with fresh starts for Bristol City, Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United.

Edited by rog of the rovers

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Interested to see how the appointment at Deepdale goes.

My footballing memory bank makes me feel like I've seen the "number two steps forward to lead the team temporarily until the end of the season.....does a decent job......gets the full time gig......then struggles the year afterwards...." before, and it doesn't usually end in much success.

Paul Gallagher in as 1st Team Coach also screams a bit of fan appeasement.

Will be intrigued to see what happens.............................no doubt we'll finish just behind them as per usual!! 😄

20 of the 2021/22 Championship teams are now sorted, looking like it'll be a strong league next season...Perenial yo-yo clubs like West Brom and Fulham back, plus the three who miss out in the playoffs.

Combined with fresh starts for Bristol City, Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United.

This was the season to have a real go at promotion and Mowbray blew it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I really can't get my head round this one. What do these multimillionaire successful actors want with a club that plays a sport they don't know, thousands of miles from where they live. 🤔🤔

But I think I kind of like it.

With all the crappy owners out there in all levels of football, I hope these 2 turn out to be good ones, and good luck to the Wrexham fans, hopefully they're in for a hell of a ride.

Can't wait to see Blake Lively having pie and gravy in the stands. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silas said:

I really can't get my head round this one. What do these multimillionaire successful actors want with a club that plays a sport they don't know, thousands of miles from where they live. 🤔🤔

But I think I kind of like it.

With all the crappy owners out there in all levels of football, I hope these 2 turn out to be good ones, and good luck to the Wrexham fans, hopefully they're in for a hell of a ride.

Can't wait to see Blake Lively having pie and gravy in the stands. 

FX have ordered 2 seasons of their documentary 'Welcome to Wrexham', it will be well produced and hopefully entertaining. Money in that for sure.

As least those lads can take the piss out of themselves, are skilled communicators with heads not up their arses like our shower.

I wish them well.

• Like 1

• Backroom

FX have ordered 2 seasons of their documentary 'Welcome to Wrexham', it will be well produced and hopefully entertaining. Money in that for sure.

True, but they are worth about $200 million together. Not sure it's a show that's going to make a significant boost in earnings. 

Feels like a passion project.

As least those lads can take the piss out of themselves, are skilled communicators with heads not up their arses like our shower.

I wish them well.

Seems like they're really trying to connect with the locals:

"Reynolds and McElhenney have already endeared themselves to the North Wales town with donations to foodbanks, delivering gin to local pubs and paying to convert a disabled fan’s bathroom."

And apparently Rob has learnt the Welsh national anthem quite accurately. Good stuff, yeah, good luck to them. I'll probably watch.

13 hours ago, Silas said:

True, but they are worth about $200 million together. Not sure it's a show that's going to make a significant boost in earnings. 

Feels like a passion project.

Seems like they're really trying to connect with the locals:

"Reynolds and McElhenney have already endeared themselves to the North Wales town with donations to foodbanks, delivering gin to local pubs and paying to convert a disabled fan’s bathroom."

And apparently Rob has learnt the Welsh national anthem quite accurately. Good stuff, yeah, good luck to them. I'll probably watch.

A friend of mine is a Wrexham fan and he’s told me a lot about it in great detail.

It seems it all stemmed from Rob’s upbringing. Philly is in a similar economic position to Wrexham & when he decided he wanted to own a football club (I can’t remember why that was), he spent a long time researching and realised Wrexham are the perfect match.

Ambitious, decent sized club down on their luck with a big and passionate fanbase, and also (crucially) affordable for his project.

They aren’t likely to win the UCL, but they’re going to be secure for a very long time, well after the Hollywood sign is a distant memory, because it is a passion project and the plans are in motion to build the club up at an infrastructure level, board level and team level. My envy knows no bounds.

Edited by CheshireRover
  • Like 6