Other football league 2020/21 season

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I saw J-Lowe making a hash of clearing it leading to  Tranmeres last minute equaliser at Salford. When we were all crying that he wasn't good enough but he was being picked religiously we

Rovers games must be in doubt then. 

But there's where we will have to disagree.  £20 million annual losses at Rovers are not natural nor necessary. They are inflated due to the choices these owners have made. These include neglecti

Posted Images

A team managed by Gary Bowyer with Jason Lowe in midfield going down to a defeat to remain six points off the play offs? Sounds very familiar....

(Even though, in terms of league position, that’s as good as it’s been for us since relegation - which is frightening)

2 hours ago, frosty said:

A team managed by Gary Bowyer with Jason Lowe in midfield going down to a defeat to remain six points off the play offs? Sounds very familiar....

(Even though, in terms of league position, that’s as good as it’s been for us since relegation - which is frightening)

When the 2013/2014 finished, Gaz had us 2 points off the play-offs (plus a bit of goal difference, so call it 3 points).

Dizzy heights that the incumbent can only dream of.

As it happens, that was also the season that the Dingles went up. They didn't finish top, but they had the least amount of goals conceded, and the least amount of defeats. Mogga might talk about "you may as well win one and lose one", but being unbeaten and winning those tight games is underrated. Dyche is a canny manager. Mowbray is naive.

Edited by Meesh
Missed out a word.
1 hour ago, Meesh said:

Dyche is a canny manager. Mowbray is naive.

Which might be excused or forgiven if Mowbray was in his first year or two of management. But he's been a manager for over 15 years and made the same mistakes everywhere he's been.

There's nothing filling me with dread more right now than another summer and season of Mowbray going through the motions again.

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Which might be excused or forgiven if Mowbray was in his first year or two of management. But he's been a manager for over 15 years and made the same mistakes everywhere he's been.

There's nothing filling me with dread more right now than another summer and season of Mowbray going through the motions again.

To me the solution seems quite simple. If Mowbray is still in charge next season, don't go.

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

To me the solution seems quite simple. If Mowbray is still in charge next season, don't go.

That's a decision I may well make and judging by what I hear from others they have similar doubts.

I don't think it is a solution. Venkys will let Mowbray carry on with 1000 a week turning up and Waggott wouldn't give a stuff.

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's a decision I may well make and judging by what I hear from others they have similar doubts.

I don't think it is a solution. Venkys will let Mowbray carry on with 1000 a week turning up and Waggott wouldn't give a stuff.

For me it is a solution. the same as with everything in my life. If I don't like something, I will not buy it. If I want a Rovers fix I will go and watch the U23s

50 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me it is a solution. the same as with everything in my life. If I don't like something, I will not buy it. If I want a Rovers fix I will go and watch the U23s

Yeah, but at a normal club it would achieve change as the owners or board would read the fans' feelings and eventually act on them.

Here Tony and Steve would rattle around in a 90% empty stadium as safe as houses and the owners wouldn't do anything.

it might make us as fans feel better to deprive them of our cash and support but they just don't care.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading have released their accounts, just losing £836k PER WEEK. Wages 211% of revenue. There cannot be a more messed up division in the world in relation to finances!

Hayden Carter scored again last night for Burton.

He's been an ever present since going on loan in January - 18 games, 12 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. He's scored 4 himself and the defence with him in it have conceded only 10.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Read a good stat in The Times this morning.

Since automatic promotion and relegation was introduced between League 2/Fourth Division and non league in 1987, all 49 promoted sides stayed up in their first season.

Shows¬†the strength of the pyramid in this country and just how disgraceful the antics of the ‚Äėbig 6‚Äô were...

Edited by Mattyblue

Well done Stanley for turning up and playing their last game as if it was the seasons first ..beating Pompey and sending Oxford into the Play Offs in their place .

"Sorry sir, im going to have to remove you from the Play Offs .."  courtesy of the Oxford forum ..

6277-0d984cb57e44a5030654435ec5ccabdb.jpg

On 14/04/2021 at 17:32, only2garners said:

Hayden Carter scored again last night for Burton.

He's been an ever present since going on loan in January - 18 games, 12 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. He's scored 4 himself and the defence with him in it have conceded only 10.

Pity he's been  playing for someone else and not for us!!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/10/nottingham-forest-plotting-major-rebuild-afterunderwhelming/

Just read this article on Forest. Its enough to make me weep.

They've had a dismal season, yet their owner is going to ring the changes to sort it out and have them at the other end of the league.

Owner is going to invest this summer to support Hughton.

Hughton and key staff travelling to Athens soon for talks with owners.

Determination to achieve Category 1 academy status and investment being made to secure it.

Compare to our shower. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/10/nottingham-forest-plotting-major-rebuild-afterunderwhelming/

Just read this article on Forest. Its enough to make me weep.

They've had a dismal season, yet their owner is going to ring the changes to sort it out and have them at the other end of the league.

Owner is going to invest this summer to support Hughton.

Hughton and key staff travelling to Athens soon for talks with owners.

Determination to achieve Category 1 academy status and investment being made to secure it.

Compare to our shower. 

This is Wayne Rooney this morning in my paper -

“ I’ve had plans for playing in the Championship next season as well as in League One. I’ve got a lot of work done. My pre-season is done, my pre-season fixtures are done. Everything is done “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This Wayne Rooney this morning in my paper -

“ I’ve had plans for playing in the Championshipnext season as well as in League One. I’ve got a lot of work done. My pre-season is done, my pre-season fixtures are done. Everything is done “.

Morbary this morning, allegedly:

'' I haven't checked the Table. When does next season start? I live a long way from home, can I have a lift Stewy, you can have a new contract. Oh and crack on with Brockhall Maggs''

Edited by AllRoverAsia
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Morbary this morning, allegedly:

'' I haven't checked the Table. When does next season start? I live a long way from home, can I have a lift Stewy, you can have a new contract. Oh and crack on with Brockhall Maggs''

Even if true, some people would still buy season tickets. 

Interested to see how the appointment at Deepdale goes.

My footballing memory bank makes me feel like I've seen the "number two steps forward to lead the team temporarily until the end of the season.....does a decent job......gets the full time gig......then struggles the year afterwards...." before, and it doesn't usually end in much success.

Paul Gallagher in as 1st Team Coach also screams a bit of fan appeasement.

Will be intrigued to see what happens.............................no doubt we'll finish just behind them as per usual!!¬†ūüėĄ

20 of the 2021/22 Championship teams are now sorted, looking like it'll be a strong league next season...Perenial yo-yo clubs like West Brom and Fulham back, plus the three who miss out in the playoffs.

Combined with fresh starts for Bristol City, Cardiff City, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United.

Edited by rog of the rovers