BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ipswich set to be take over by American business group. Thats the reason why Lambert left cos they want a change of manager from Day one

So foreign buyers are interested in purchasing a 3rd division debt ridden loss making town club during a pandemic with significant monthly losses (rumoured to be over £700,000 per month at present) and Evans is walking away from his £100 million loans and leaving them debt free.

Yet Rovers who are at least as good an investment as Ipswich especially in our current position can't hope for anything other than Venkys and would 'do a Bury' if Venkys left.

How does that work?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So foreign buyers are interested in purchasing a 3rd division debt ridden loss making town club during a pandemic with significant monthly losses (rumoured to be over £700,000 per month at present) and Evans is walking away from his £100 million loans and leaving them debt free.

Yet Rovers who are at least as good an investment as Ipswich especially in our current position can't hope for anything other than Venkys and would 'do a Bury' if Venkys left.

How does that work?

Have I said that if Venkys left we would be like Bury? 

Are Venkys interested in selling the club? Need a willing seller. 

The only 2 things I would say is we need any new owner willing to fund the club financially to 20 million pounds unless we were in the PL. Also don't forget how long it took the Walker family/trust to sell the club? 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The only 2 things I would say is we need any new owner willing to fund the club financially to 20 million pounds unless we were in the PL. Also don't forget how long it took the Walker family/trust to sell the club? 

Not necessarily you but many Rovers fans do.

I think the £20 million a year thing is a red herring. It isnt a natural amount to lose but is increased by inept management/ownership.

Obviously we are going to lose money at this level like anyone does but I think under competent ownership we would be looking more like £10 million losses a year max.

Preston, Millwall, Barnsley aren't losing £20 million a year so there's no automatic reason that we should be.

Losses could be cut considerably on the basis that new owners would streamline the club, boost commercial activity and corporate income and cut unnecessary costs back.

Dishing out 3 year contracts to Ayala wouldn't have been possible elsewhere.

Starting from a very low base here. Id like to think anyone remotely competent would quickly get more bums on seats and income coming in.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Not necessarily you but many Rovers fans do.

I think the £20 million a year thing is a red herring.

Obviously we are going to lose money at this level like anyone does but I think under competent ownership we would be looking more like £10 million losses a year max.

Not pleasant but not as horrific. That's on the basis that new owners would streamline the club, boost commercial activity and corporate income and cut unnecessary costs back.

Dishing out 3 year contracts to Ayala wouldn't have been possible elsewhere.

Starting from a very low base here. Id like to think anyone remotely competent would quickly get more bums on seats and income coming in.

I agree JH. 

A new owner would hopefully bring a new CEO, New Marketing director and new manager or sporting director/head coach structure in whatever they want to do with that. 

Got fans aboard and build relationships with the fan bases and have new cheaper tickets for fans to boast bums on seats. Increase sales in Merchandise and sales of tickets, etc. 

I agree on the contracts point on Ayala and injury pose players

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ipswich set to be take over by American business group. Thats the reason why Lambert left cos they want a change of manager from Day one

I also read that Lambert has been suffering from “Long Covid” so has been feeling unwell for a while now.

I had a look at the League 1 table earlier. It looks all to play for at both ends of the table. 

League One Table - Football - BBC Sport

Stanley's playoff hopes are still alive. They sit in 7th but their games in hand advantage has been lost. 

Doncaster are one place ahead of them. Peterborough are top. 6 games ago Doncaster had 2 more points than them, now Posh has 12 more. I wonder if Darren Moore can get Donny firing again.

Prior to last Saturday's fixtures the top 10 or so teams in League Two were all separated by a single point between each. I can't say I have ever seen that before!

Both Leagues One and Two are heating up nicely this year, looks to be a proper relegation scrap developing at the bottom of League Two with Grimsby, Barrow and one of Southend and Colchester. Can certainly see a lot of promotion, playoff and relegation places going down to the last day at this rate.

Edited by GHR

Delighted that Lincoln are doing so well under Michael Appleton in League 1 and hopefully will get promote. I thought he would have done a good job at Rovers if given proper time. 

Lee Johnson doing a good job at Sunderland currently. Massive club. 

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has done good job at Burton and get them out of the bottom 4 and our player Hayden Carter who is on loan there scored for them today 

Morecambe won again and are 4th in the league two. Delighted for their fans and their manager Derek Adams

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted that Lincoln are doing so well under Michael Appleton in League 1 and hopefully will get promote. I thought he would have done a good job at Rovers if given proper time. 

I agree with that, Chaddy.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lee Johnson doing a good job at Sunderland currently. Massive club. 

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has done good job at Burton and get them out of the bottom 4 and our player Hayden Carter who is on loan there scored for them today 

Morecambe won again and are 4th in the league two. Delighted for their fans and their manager Derek Adams

That was a big win for Burton, Peterborough are up near the top. Chapman couldn't work his magic for Shrews today. Magloire going well up in Jockland. My adopted home town team are bottom of their league.