BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

You've got to hand it to Waggott and his mates. They really do have it set here.

Spend half their time telling every fan that will listen that the club is desperate for cash, restricted by FFP rules, needs to generate it's own income, struggling against richer clubs blah blah blah, many lap it up as gospel truth without any question.

Now here we are with no tickets on sale, no new shirts on sale and won't even bother to open the club shop whilst others all do.

As above, if a local pub or grocery store can open why on earth can't Blackburn Rovers club shop?

Of course its easy and risk free to keep it shut. Why not do that permanently and never reopen it again? Same for Blues Bar, maybe the same for the whole of Ewood Park? That way no risk of any aggro or difficulties.

You can't have it both ways yet it seems this is exactly what Waggott wants - every excuse in the book as to why we can't do things yet very little evidence of any effort being made to change the situation and a legion of fans who will never question, challenge or doubt it.

Accy Stanley up at the Crown Ground are selling season tickets and have their shop open to try and make some money. Please please please can someone on here give me one single sensible reason why we can't do either of those things?

My mate, an Accy Stanley season ticket holder, sent me a message yesterday as he had been down to their ground and renewed his season ticket. He was telling me that he was looking forward to October and finally being allowed in the ground and asked me what I was doing with Rovers. I was completely embarrassed when I replied to him saying that we haven't had a peep out of the club in months, that we can't buy anything and the place is locked down. He was amazed, he sees us as a major professional outfit compared to Accy Stanley. I had to correct him and state that sadly even Stanley are ahead of us in approach these days.

Nail, hammer, head. Cracking post.

Can you imagine the people behind the scenes at Ewood carrying on like this if Jack Walker was still in charge?

We have a new kit and no idea whatsoever when it'll be going on open sale. The Club Shop has remained shut despite the fact shops have been allowed to open for ages, ditto I'm guessing Blues Bar, there are no season tickets or memberships for next season on sale and not even a hint that we are bothered about such.

They've  had months to think about this. The very least they could do is to keep everyone up to date with they're current thinking and issue regular statements along the lines of "If the situation is X we hope to do Y" but if it's "A" we hope to do "B" etc. Instead the approach is "We're doing nothing because it takes a bit of effort and we simply can't be arsed"

Meanwhile the ground and it's surrounds fall into disrespair all around us due to neglect when a little tidying up would cost hardly anything in terms of money and time.

If I was in charge, I'd boot Waggott so far down the road he wouldn't land until he got back to Coventry. The Club is dying on it's feet while he sits there doing nothing collecting his 300k p.a. It really upsets me. These could be make or break times for the Club in terms of its survival going forward and he can't be bothered doing anything.

• Like 9

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Can you imagine the people behind the scenes at Ewood carrying on like this if Jack Walker was still in charge?

We have a new kit and no idea whatsoever when it'll be going on open sale. The Club Shop has remained shut despite the fact shops have been allowed to open for ages, ditto I'm guessing Blues Bar, there are no season tickets or memberships for next season on sale and not even a hint that we are bothered about such.

They've  had months to think about this. The very least they could do is to keep everyone up to date with they're current thinking and issue regular statements along the lines of "If the situation is X we hope to do Y" but if it's "A" we hope to do "B" etc. Instead the approach is "We're doing nothing because it takes a bit of effort and we simply can't be arsed"

Meanwhile the ground and it's surrounds fall into disrespair all around us due to neglect when a little tidying up would cost hardly anything in terms of money and time.

If I was in charge, I'd boot Waggott so far down the road he wouldn't land until he got back to Coventry. The Club is dying on it's feet while he sits there doing nothing collecting his 300k p.a. It really upsets me. These could be make or break times for the Club in terms of its survival going forward and he can't be bothered doing anything.

Rather than not doing anything maybe he's looked at what's happening elsewhere in the economy and come to the conclusion that it will be more cost effective for the club to do its business online.

22 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Rather than not doing anything maybe he's looked at what's happening elsewhere in the economy and come to the conclusion that it will be more cost effective for the club to do its business online.

Which is fair enough. What isn't though, is the lack of transparency over what's going on. If there is a stock issue say there is a stock issue, if it's only online say it's only online and why - people understand there is a global crisis going on and whilst disappointed will wait. What they don't like is being strung along by a wall of silence.

However the state of the stadium and the grounds is unrelated to that point and there isn't a good excuse at all for it regardless of circumstances.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep good post.

What upsets me the most is the lack of pride and effort.

If we are short on money, fair enough, though losing £18 million a year says otherwise, as does handing out extra cash to squad fillers because they are nice lads.

What I simply cannot accept is the laziness, lack of pride and respect for what this club stands for. Allowing our beautiful home to fall into ruin to save a few quid on maintenance costs or through bone idleness. 

We've a tough job competing with clubs with bigger incomes but where is the effort to overcome that? Where is the initiative, the attempts to generate income, the new sponsorship?

Nothing. Just stick another £50 quid on season tickets, easy peasy that will do the trick and hope almost all renew and use underhand tactics to play on people's loyalty.

It's shameful and I cannot accept it.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Yep good post.

What upsets me the most is the lack of pride and effort.

If we are short on money, fair enough, though losing £18 million a year says otherwise, as does handing out extra cash to squad fillers because they are nice lads.

What I simply cannot accept is the laziness, lack of pride and respect for what this club stands for. Allowing our beautiful home to fall into ruin to save a few quid on maintenance costs or through bone idleness. 

We've a tough job competing with clubs with bigger incomes but where is the effort to overcome that? Where is the initiative, the attempts to generate income, the new sponsorship?

Nothing. Just stick another £50 quid on season tickets, easy peasy that will do the trick and hope almost all renew and use underhand tactics to play on people's loyalty.

It's shameful and I cannot accept it.

I thought you were telling us that thousands were just gagging to buy season tickets ?

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I thought you were telling us that thousands were just gagging to buy season tickets ?

I thought, perhaps foolishly, that Waggott would deliver on his suggestion to offer a discount. Or at worst freeze prices in this climate and uncertainty.

Even as a pessimist I didn't expect them to hike prices up yet again.

Thousands will buy. You can bet it will be a lot less than we've been used to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I thought, perhaps foolishly, that Waggott would deliver on his suggestion to offer a discount. Or at worst freeze prices in this climate and uncertainty.

Even as a pessimist I didn't expect them to hike prices up yet again.

Thousands will buy. You can bet it will be a lot less than we've been used to.

Was it 10K last year? I think we'll struggle to hit 7k

Depending on the percentages allowed, 7k may not even be required. Seen anything from 20 to 40% capacity quoted, based on the lower end, 7K would be more than sufficient. I wouldnt be surprised if the club was banking on having low-ish ST sales, they make more from single match sales and it may be we dont struggle to sell out the limited capacity

I'd love to know the reason there is such an obsession with us having blue on the away shirt. It happens every other year.

Why not have black, orange, yellow, gold or any other colour than blue, which is already the majority of our home strip and on many other clubs to create a clash

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Can’t call that a mock up ? that’s a Microsoft paint job, even kids netball teams expect a 3D rendering.

Who knows. Was sent this by a friend. Not saying it’s legit, just a rumour

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd love to know the reason there is such an obsession with us having blue on the away shirt. It happens every other year.

Why not have black, orange, yellow, gold or any other colour than blue, which is already the majority of our home strip and on many other clubs to create a clash

So that we can spend a bunch of our away games playing in the third kit, making it easier for them to flog that too.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

So that we can spend a bunch of our away games playing in the third kit, making it easier for them to flog that too.

Whilst I agree with the point being made and think 3rd kits are largely avoidable, given pretty much every team has 3 kits, if we didn't have one what odds some would moan and state we are failing to maximise revenue?