BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, alex l said:

Whilst I agree with the point being made and think 3rd kits are largely avoidable, given pretty much every team has 3 kits, if we didn't have one what odds some would moan and state we are failing to maximise revenue?

Not suggesting we shouldn't have a third kit, it's a must. Just suggesting (tongue in cheek partly, but we do seem to end up actually wearing the third kit more than necessary) that we put blue on the second kit to maximise the profile of the third.

It's very different I guess. 

But we wont be wearing in away kits in away games at Bristol City, Boro, Rotherham, Brentford, Stoke, Barnsley, Bournmouth, Forest as their home kit contain Red. 

Will need 3rd kit for games at Brentford  Rotherham, Stoke and Boro for examples

Would have preferred a away shirt you could wear in majority of 23 away games like Yellow and black stripes/ halfs or purple and black stripes/halfs. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's very different I guess. 

But we wont be wearing in away kits in away games at Bristol City, Boro, Rotherham, Brentford, Stoke, Barnsley, Bournmouth, Forest as their home kit contain Red. 

Will need 3rd kit for games at Brentford  Rotherham, Stoke and Boro for examples

Would have preferred a away shirt you could wear in majority of 23 away games like Yellow and black stripes/ halfs or purple and black stripes/halfs. 

Why would we need a third kit?  We've played in Blue & White at all of the clubs you mention in the past without any problems.  All it needs is a pair of blue or black shorts.

• Like 3

New away shirt is meh, bit of a 90's vibe to it , probably look better with shorts and socks. Saw a  good looking shirt the other day in the park , turned out to be FC Tokyo 2017 home kit, would look great as a red and black away kit for Rovers. This is it .fc-tokyo-2016-2017-umbro-home-kit-6-1.jp

No sure the same template would go down well as a home version but it would be different, at least the (almost)  halves are reversed on the back :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

I’m a big fan to be honest 

Same, it’s gorgeous. Seems we’ve got a marmite kit again.

We all got used to the grey one last year and it seemed to sell well so ??‍♂️

Edited by S8 & Blue

I quite like it but I was yearning for a red and black striped kit I won’t lie. I thought this years kit had a resemblance of that 95 kit and genuinely thought we might see a similar away kit. 

Would have definitely bought a red and black collared away top this year. As it happens I’ll probably buy the home shirt, but may pass on this depending on pricing. Not a bad effort though, and not as terrible as being made out by some...but fashion taste is subjective after all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Why would we need a third kit?  We've played in Blue & White at all of the clubs you mention in the past without any problems.  All it needs is a pair of blue or black shorts.

Brentford and Stoke play in red and White stripes so what kit are we going to wear there?

Boro and Rotherham shirt has red and white on their shirt. 

Why we should gone for away shirt colour that why clash much with a third of the league

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Brentford and Stoke play in red and White stripes so what kit are we going to wear there?

Why we should gone for away shirt colour that why clash much with a third of the league

We can wear our home kits against Stoke, Rotherham and Boro. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've watched Rovers play at both Brentford and Stoke in blue & white in recent years without a problem, same at Boro and Rotherham.  There is no reason for a third strip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We can wear our home kits against Stoke, Rotherham and Boro. 

Cant cos it was clashed.

5 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I've watched Rovers play at both Brentford and Stoke in blue & white in recent years without a problem, same at Boro and Rotherham.  There is no reason for a third strip.

you that we won't wear blue and white shirts at Brentford and Stoke as they will clashed. Their managers will complain about it. Colour clash

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant cos it was clashed.

I guarantee you that we won't wear blue and white shirts at Brentford and Stoke as they will clashed. Their managers will complain about it. Colour clash

Course we can, always did in the past, we won’t because club’s want to maximise use of away shirts 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I don't hate completely hate it, but the frustrating thing is that if they just left it to be red with blue trim it would've looked great. 

Fortunately the home one is the best one in a while.

If people are saying this kit lacked effort then surely leaving it just plain red would = zero effort? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant cos it was clashed.

you that we won't wear blue and white shirts at Brentford and Stoke as they will clashed. Their managers will complain about it. Colour clash

I’m 99% sure we both play in our home kits in the fa cup win? Admittedly can’t really remember matches since. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant cos it was clashed.

Do you actually attend away matches chaddy?  If you did you would know that we can and have played in Blue and White at all the clubs you mention.    

• Like 3