BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Do you actually attend away matches chaddy?  If you did you would know that we can and have played in Blue and White at all the clubs you mention.    

Yes I do parson. But last season we didnt as my pictures proved. So if we could wear blue and White then why didnt we?

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Do you actually attend away matches chaddy?  If you did you would know that we can and have played in Blue and White at all the clubs you mention.    

If you were actually paying attention we wore the third kit at both Stoke and Brentford last season - he is spot on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Last season?

Why are you asking me if those pictures are from last season, surely even you can deduce that those pictures are not form last season. However that does not change the point that we have played at those clubs in our home kit and colour clash has not been an issue.

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Why are you asking me if those pictures are from last season, surely even you can deduce that those pictures are not form last season. However that does not change the point that we have played at those clubs in our home kit and colour clash has not been an issue.

But your pics weren't from last season tho. 

So why not?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So why not?

Your moving the goalposts now though Chaddy. Your original argument was that we couldn't wear our home kit because it clashed, since then you have seen that previously we have worn our home kit with no problem and now you have changed the argument to what we wore last season. A lot of the time these days sides wear their away kit away not due to colour clash but for commercial reasons.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Your moving the goalposts now though Chaddy. Your original argument was that we couldn't wear our home kit because it clashed, since then you have seen that previously we have worn our home kit with no problem and now you have changed the argument to what we wore last season. A lot of the time these days sides wear their away kit away not due to colour clash but for commercial reasons.

We havent worn the home shirt kit at Stoke or Brentford for the previous 2 season. We had our yellow shirts on that day 2 season ago which we won 3-2. Or Brentford when we lost 5-2

So if we wouldnt have clashed then why Didnt we wear our home kit?

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So why not?

That doesn’t invalidate the point though it could be worn with no issues as clearly demonstrated, they don’t for commercial reasons 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do parson. But last season we didnt as my pictures proved. So if we could wear blue and White then why didnt we?

As a few have said (including me), commercial reasons. To promote the third kit better so it seems more worth buying. That's not necessarily a bad thing (though I'd prefer to see our famous halves more often), and plenty of clubs are doing it. But it's why it is how it is.

Look at those old Stoke pics, you'd have to be blind to pick the pass to the wrong player. (Insert joke about 'or one of our midfielders')

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant cos it was clashed.

you that we won't wear blue and white shirts at Brentford and Stoke as they will clashed. Their managers will complain about it. Colour clash

Nonsense.

We may well not play at those teams in Blue and White but if you think it's due a colour clash all I can say is Specsavers

I think you just post nonsense for the reaction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We havent worn the home shirt kit at Stoke or Brentford for the previous 2 season. We had our yellow shirts on that day 2 season ago which we won 3-2. Or Brentford when we lost 5-2

Did it only start clashing two seasons ago?

• Like 3

If you are putting commercial interests first then fine. Release a 3rd kit. Put some effort into it. Market it and get it on sale in the club shop.

Last year our 3rd kit was released the week before the first game, was a standard Umbro catalogue shirt with a Rovers badge stuck on and we received very limited stock to sell and didn't get more in. Funny way of trying to sell as many as possible 

Pretty much every club in the Championship had some blue or white on their kit last season.

Did Rovers used to wear the away kits 20 times a season? Of course not. However, Rovers and most other clubs maximise away kit use these days - I.e you’ll see a team with a red home kit wearing their say, black away shirt at a club wearing blue.

Honestly Chaddy ?‍♂️ I’m stopping now as it’s too daft for words this conversation.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Often commercial reasons dictate what strip is worn rather than a clash of colours.  Red has been our traditional away kit because it doesn't clash with clubs playing in blue or blue and white stripes.  I'll leave it at that as it's a pointless discussion.

• Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

As I have said commercial reasons, please read the post fully to save me repeating myself. Last season at Ewood Charlton, Middlesbrough and Barnsley all wore their home kit and the games passed without any problems yet when we went to their grounds we changed in all 3 games. Why? It obviously wasn't an issue of colour clash. But I suppose when you have 3 kits you need to get plenty of wear out of all 3 for commercial reasons. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

As I have said commercial reasons, please read the post fully to save me repeating myself. Last season at Ewood Charlton, Middlesbrough and Barnsley all wore their home kit and the games passed without any problems yet when we went to their grounds we changed in all 3 games. Why? It obviously wasn't an issue of colour clash. But I suppose when you have 3 kits you need to get plenty of wear out of all 3 for commercial reasons. 

Cos they werent a clash of kits but wearing Blue and White stripes vs red and white stripes would be a clash of kits..

And I will leave it there now. No point debating any more. 

Edited by chaddyrovers